• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

be_l_l_e

Twilight God-Empress
Roleplay Type(s)

Seeking Partner:

Cosmic Horror - Globe-Trotting Adventure - Occult Mystery

I am seeking a partner for an advanced, long-term roleplay centered on two siblings traveling across the globe in the mid-to-late 1920s, discovering and trying to stop a global conspiracy to invoke the powers of extra-dimensional beings with inscrutable goals.

Heavily inspired by the cosmic horror exemplified by the Cthulhu Mythos, and especially the globe-trotting investigations featured in Call of Cthulhu TTRPG adventures like Masks of Nyarlathotep (but fully re-imagined in the freedom of our own wonderful minds; familiarity with Lovecraftian horror is helpful, but not mandatory). Together, let’s create a series of adventures in exciting locations around the globe that gradually build to grand reveals and exciting set-pieces which are so much more exciting because of how much work we will have done to set them up. We’ll get to develop a rich cast of diverse recurring characters each pursuing their own goals, while the core of our roleplay will be the bond between our protagonists as they confront dark secrets that could drive a lesser victim to insanity.

I am hopeful that my partner will be as excited as I am about:
➢ Creating main characters with a compelling dynamic to fuel a long-term roleplay
➢ Roleplaying a diverse cast of recurring NPCs, and fulfilling key roles for the other partner to interact with (e.g. love interests, rivals, etc.)
➢ Crafting a complex mystery that will sustain a long-term investigation
➢ Imagining unspeakable horrors!!
➢ Immersing ourselves in exciting locations across the globe!
➢ Embracing twists and turns, and never being afraid to discuss new plans on the fly!

Some disclaimers:
➢ I am looking for partners who are happy to produce long and short posts, as needed (i.e. fast-paced for dialogue and action). Post frequency and length are less important to me than post quality.
➢ While I am seeking a platonic/familial sibling relationship as the core dynamic in this RP, I am open to you playing any gender/sexuality for your half of the pairing and I can guarantee you that I will bring enthusiasm to any love interests you want me to roleplay for you. I hope you will do the same but please let me know what I should expect in this regard!
➢ Let's work together to clearly and consistently express what we want in this roleplay. If we have a craving, let's figure out how to make it work!
➢ While we’re using the generally ‘real’ setting of the 1920s, I expect this roleplay will require a lot of worldbuilding: magic, secret societies, occult rituals, local folklore, conspiracies and evil plots, etcetera. So extensive communication OOC is a must!

I don’t want to overload this recruitment thread with details because I’m very open to your input about what character you want to play, what sorts of mysteries and monsters you want to explore, and what else you’d like to fit into this world that we get to create! So please reach out, give me all the ideas you can, and I’ll be happy to share some more of my thoughts and cravings with you as we try to figure out if we’re a match!

Cosmic Horror - Globe-Trotting Adventure - Occult Mystery

Users who are viewing this thread

Back