• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
"My, my," Captain Suleiman's silken voice surprised Choon-Hee and Matias, "Mi Amigo, what a long time it has been."

The pirate captain sat forward in his chair, studying Suleiman eye to eye as much as possible through the holo-screen for a minute before speaking once more. It was a face the captain had recognized from the past and perhaps others did as well. Known for his amicable demeanor and being a rarity as a Rindikan pirate, this captain could be none other than Halcon de Caza. "So it has, señorita, so it has. I am glad, for one, to see you alive and well, but now is not the time for pleasantries," Halcon made a gesture out to where the Blackbird's windows would be located. "As you can see, my fellow buccaneers and I have organized something of an ambush for you and your fellow exploradores. 'Tis a bit too uncouth for my taste, but the resources these ships carry...they have much value."

"I have laid a claim on your ship, I'm afraid. I did so as soon as a little birdie indicated to me that you were promoted to the Captain of this vessel," Halcon praised, seeming entirely genuine. "Therefore, I humbly request that you allow my crew to plunder your ship as we see fit. I promise that we will not harm a single member of your crew so long as we go unopposed. Furthermore, we will transport your ship to safety once we finish. I'm afraid this marks the end of your journey, mi amiga."

"So, with that business out of the way, what say you? Do you agree to my terms?" he concluded, raising a hand as he waited for Tish to answer.

The blaring of the sirens and the effects of the impact frazzled Capriole's senses temporarily, making her think she had had interactions she actually hadn't had. No, the chef hadn't said a word yet, freezing up as much as she could (she couldn't help the way her gelatinous form jiggled from the rocking of the ship) besides the others, taking a few moments to ground herself. Chef B.R.D. immediately rushed to her side, knowing the head chef's peculiarities with loud sounds. The slime shook itself and extended up, its metal skeleton floating before settling down as she went back to her regular form.

Dinner couldn't continue, could it?

"Take whatever food you'd like. I can wrap it up to go," were the first words that came to Capriole's mind. "I can make midnight snacks if anyone would like. Snacks to munch on later. Dinner's over."

Chef B.R.D bobbed up and down in agreement besides her but Pr0gr8zo was nowhere to be seen. He had snuck off to the engine room, zooming along quietly as he went to see what had made them leave dinner so early.

Nearby, Mari stiffened as she had just been about to enter the dining hall. She looked up, brow furrowing.

"I thought fighting wasn't on the agenda so soon," she commented, uncertain of what a Rockologist could do in such a situation. Identifying whatever was hitting them seemed kind of pointless since it was clear it wasn't anything good. So instead she called out, "Are we supposed to go with the captain or are there more useful things to do?"

"I'll follow your lead," Haul shrugged. "I'm interested to see what you got in that noggin of yours."

Matias let the Captain deal with Halcon for now. He'd dealt with his fair share of pirates in his day, working both in the Europan police and as private security after his departure. He'd never dealt with Halcon directly, but he recognized the man. His title among the Europan inhabitants was Barracuda, perhaps because of his love for shiny objects.

"Stay with the rest of the fleet for now, Choon-He," Matias directed the pilot. "Make sure all our weapons are online and ready. Fire support if necessary, but we're not a battleship. Let's not act like one just yet." Matias smiled slightly. "Let them fight it out for a moment."

Daytona's gears tightened at the sound of the alarm and the sudden shudderring of the ship. Immediately, a switch inside was flicked and he entered tactical mode. He listened intently to the First Officers announcement...

--------

"Rather polite for an emergency announcement." Daytona thought. He sprung from his chair and squeezed out of the crew's mess hall. He bounded down the passageway and practically ran up the walls when he had to round a corner. He came to stop outside his office. He would have slid along the deck if not for his magnetic feet. He opened the door and quickly put in the passcode to the weapons locker. As he did so, he sent out a signal, commanding the rest of the lockers to unlock.

Daytona began going through the gear inside. As he did so, he transmit a message to all crew with the exception of the bridge crew; not wanting to hassle the officers with something they probably already knew. "Pirate doctrine favors boarding actions. If they can take a vessel intact they will. I recommend all crew arm themselves."

After sending the message, he selected a lasrifle from the weapons rack. A heavy gauge, variable cycle weapon. Ideal for void combat.

Before leaving the room, he hesitated and glanced back at Tristans equipment. Daytona still didn't trust him. It was entirely possible the pointy-eared fleshling was the one to lead the pirates to the Expedition.

Daytona decided not to take the risk. He gathered the tactical belt and sword and magnetically clamped it to his back. The next few hours would decide whether Daytona gave it back to him or not.

With that, he left his quarters and made for the compartment most likely to be breached in the event of a boarding: the hangar.

The Avian Expedition wasn't meant for war - at its heart, it was intended to greet new environments, civilizations & peoples with an open hand of friendship extended. Each ship carried, similarly to the Blackbird's Cry, a contingent of those who were most fit for this task. The pirates were correct in assuming that the Expedition also carried a wealth of resources, in order to carry them through the long journey. The technology of the ships alone would be worth a fortune.

The pirate ships were a motley crew of refitted and reconfigured ships, slapped together sometimes from multiple ships. Most were armed well & quick, but pirates tended to swoop in and ambush their prey, blasting the defenses down with a high amount of fire before boarding.

However, if the pirates were expecting all of the ships to be slow, heavily laden cargoships, they were sorely mistaken. The destruction of the Peregrine Talon set a chain reaction throughout the entire fleet. The Blackbird's Cry and Sparrow Wing fell back behind the Condor, and the battleships moved to the front. Without any hesitation, the Expedition opened fire. The frontline of the pirate ships exploded into flames, scattering the second line and stunting their race to reach the expedition.

"Keep an eye out Choon-He," Matias said to the pilot. "It's likely there's more of them hiding somewhere."

Across the asteroid field, the pirate fleet fought back fiercely, determined to stop the fleet in its' tracks and loot the spoils. As the Avian Expedition began to retaliate, a massive warship loomed over the horizon. About the size of a dreadnought, it could be none other than The Gangrene, a prototype stolen from the Zonkoian military by the rogue general Skiferax Yuldar. This would be formidable enough on its own but it soon became apparent that the vessel had been retrofitted with something that made it many times more dangerous.

An implement lowered from the top of the ship, resembling a gigantic tuning fork with giant metal rings were lodged, evenly spaced between its two blades. One by one smaller asteroids appeared to be magnetically drawn to this device and piled together as if loading into it. The Gangrene had been armed with a railgun. One it intended to unleash upon the Expedition.

Captain Suleiman smirked at Halcon's words, her robotic eyes flickering out toward space where a fierce battle was now taking place.

"You can board my ship," Tish replied eventually, "But I cannot promise your crew to leave it unscathed. I intend to explore the stars, my dear Captain, and no mere pirate plunder shall stop us."

All of a sudden a loud crackling sounded from the ships intercoms, the voice on the other end desperate and pleading, "Blackbird - khhhzzk - Blackbirds Cry, come in - khhck - this is First Officer Yreo of the Cassowary!"

Tish was the first to reply, leaning over Choon-Hee's shoulder to grab the receiver, "Officer Yreo, this is Captain Suleiman of the Blackbirds Cry speaking."

There was a commotion on the other end. Shouting and scuffling could be heard, along with the distant sounds of blaring alarms. "Captain Suleiman - khhhzck - we need your assistance! Pirates have boarded our ship and we can't get hold of the battle ships! Blackbird is the closest to our location - khczzk - we were thrown off course in the attack - khhzz - need - zzck - immediate - khzzck - backup!"

"Shit," Captain Suleimen muttered under her breath, "Kingsbury, see if you can't get a hold of the other battle ships. Choon-Hee, lower us down -- "

Her orders were interrupted by smug, Spanish laughter, a distinct 'jajajaja' blaring from the holo-screen that was still projecting the pirate Rindikan....

Last edited:
"Ah, tis a shame..." Halcon sighed, his words trailing off as the giggling holyman of his crew interjected with his laughter as he walked about the ship, blessing the pirates about to go off to battle. Shrugging, the Rindikan continued. "I believe I have no more words for you, my dear. We shall meet again as as my crew and I board your ship. Fight well and with honor, and I will do the same. Adios!" he stated as the holographic screen shut off and communications ceased.

It seemed as if all was quiet for a moment, silence permeating the air before a looming shadow was cast over the Blackbird. The vast crimson vessel, The Garra De Galaxia was now upon them. A unique vessel, fully custom built as Rindikan ships tended to be, this one resembling a space-faring galleon. Notoriously deceptively fast for its size, the crimson ship cast a docking hatch from the Garra to the Blackbird, where it tightly latched on., clamping to the hull.

The crew of the Garra had suited up and their space suits and gathered their arms, preparing for a fight, with Halcon leading the charge. The crimson Rindikan drew his rapier, pointing it towards the hatch of the Blackbird as it roared to life, crackling with energy. "Prepare to board, amigos. Take no lives that do not fight back, but do not let them gain the upper hand either. Force open this door and plunder all you can see to your hearts content!" he commanded his voice, giving the sense that he was smirking.

A team of Zumolkan engineers was the first to step up, placing an electronic device on the hatch, a hacking device. A short timer was set for three minutes. Upon completion, they would have made their way inside.

Captain Suleiman cursed to herself. Her mechanic eyes met with Matias as she thought of what to do.

"We need a team to go down to the Cassowary. Small, discrete. We can use our pirate invaders as a distraction. I'll stay here with the crew and deal with Halcon personally - we have history, I know his style, and I'm confident that the Blackbird can deal with pirates." Tish reached into her holster and pulled out a pistol, a determined glint in her gaze as she answered the unasked question that hovered in the air, "The Shy Cassowary has important cargo for the expedition. Without it our mission objective will be delayed, or worse. I'm putting you in charge of assisting the cargo ship, Kingsbury."

With that, the woman turned on her heel and began to inform the Blackbirds crew of their imminent attack...

Echoing down the halls of the ship was an important announcement from the Captain.

"Attention all crew, we have been boarded by The Garra De Galaxia, an infamous group of pirates mercenaries who intend to rob our Blackbird. Prepare yourselves for battle."

Upon reaching the hangar, Daytona started fortifying the position with what he had at his disposal. First thing he did was move any volatile cargo away from the exterior bulkheads and out of the line of fire as best he could. Then, he began stacking crates around the hangar access hatch, creating a small personal fort with a clear line of sight towards anything that tried to breach into the hangar. He briefly lamented his lack of an autocannon or grenades. He laid the lasrifle down on top of the crates and set down extra charge packs in strategic locations. Once satisfied with his preparations, he charged the rifle and dialed it to max power. Daytona would make sure a pirates first step on this ship would be their last.

Matias nodded to the Captain and went to the stairs, descending them rapidly. He would probably need a few other people to go with him, but Daytona & Naomi would be needed on the ship. Perhaps the stowaway would be of use, or Haul. Matias entered the security office, intent on gathering weapons for the quick trip to the Shy Cassowary.

Three minutes were up and the hatch lowered. The Zulmokans stepped aside to let the first wave of pirates through. An assortment of Humans, Vleeboe, and Zonkoi armed with plasma rifles and crimson spacesuits carefully stepped into the scene, weary of an immediate attack, only to be met with immediate confusion at the barricade of crates before them.

"Damn, they work quick...." one of the Zonkoi pirates whistled.

"Graaahhh! No talk! Look!" one of the Vleeboe pirates snarled, immediately noting the robotic gunman lying in wait for them! "It battle-bot! Attack!" the vermin screamed as it and the other pirates in the vanguard began to open fire.

Back within the docking hatch, Halcon scratched his metallic chin and chuckled. "A clever ploy, undoubtedly. But ultimately fruitless should we, say, rock the boat a little bit..." The Rindikan pressed a device around his cranium, signally to his crew back on the ship. "Ram them...gently. ¡Desequilibrarlos amigos!"

With that commanding mind, the comparatively massive Garra de Galaxia pushed against the Blackbird in an attempt to knock the crew off their feet.

"Okay, we got an Exo-Vator, right?" Hector quickly explained, pointing to the construction mech in the Blackbird's hangar. You're people made these right? For hull repairs, right? We-" Hector was interrupted as the Blackbird was nearly overturned by the Garra's push. Bracing himself against a wall to prevent him from falling further, he was grateful the ship's vehicles were contained with a feature that locks them in.

"Damn, they can't give that shit a rest...? For like one minute?" Hector shook his head. "You get in the Exo-Vator. I'mma get out there in a space suit. We get some guns and grenades. We take some tools. We make repairs to the hull...and hit 'em with enough firepower to make a dent in their ship, you feel me?"

Hector stood himself up a bit. "Ship schematics show....there's a breach on the port docking hatch....we exit out the hangar and loop around while they preoccupied. After that...guess we play it by ear," Hector shrugged with a smirk.

Tristan felt his blood run cold as the alarms began to sound around him. He hadn't imagined there would be any fighting aboard the Blackbird's Cry, especially not so soon after launch. His training kicked in, and Tristan made his way toward the hanger. He was going to make himself useful.

A few minutes later, Tristan was staring at a wall of crates and supply caches stacked on top. Daytona had created an excellent barrier between the Hangar proper and the entry point that Tristan had exploited only hours earlier.

"Daytona, how can I help?" He called out, watching the Security Andriod secure the final crate in his makeshift barrier.

The door opening and the atmosphere venting caught Tristan's attention. Daytona had already gotten into position to snipe anyone who came through the door. Tristan could see that the Andriod had collected his weapons, his Vibro-blade magnetically attached to the Security officer's back, and his flight belt wrapped around his body. "Hey, I can help fight!" He called out again, hoping to prove his loyalty to the Android.

Pacificus Pacificus

From his fortified position, Daytona awaited word from the bridge. He was hoping for a warning prior to being boarded. As it turned out, he wouldn't need it. The compartment shuddered when the pirate's ship docked. He aimed down his sights and braced for the boarding party to breach into the compartment. He didn't have to wait long. As soon as he saw their crimson armor, he opened fire. Red lasbolts flew down range in a constant hail of fire. Daytona didn't bother being precise with his aim at first. It was target rich environment and the only way out would be through him.

"ACCESS: DENIED!" He shouted at the pirates.

Suddenly, the ship lurched and the deck almost slid out from underneath Daytona. He quickly magnetized and prevented himself from sliding across the hangar unlike most of his cover.
Daytona was now leaning backwards at an extreme angle, befitting a champion Limbo player. He shifted his rifle to his left hand and drew his pistol with his right. With one hand he reached out and returned fire with automated, machine precision. This was what he was designed for.

He took a glancing plasma bolt to his chestplate and ducked behind a toppled crate as the ship began to right itself from the apparent collision. The Stowaway came up behind him. Daytona almost shot him.

"Hey, I can help fight!"

Daytona did not immediately respond. His processors were in full tactical mode and running hot. He was processing the risk of giving the Stowaway his weapons back. Could he be the reason they were under attack? Could he be an infiltrator? Daytona processed this data and more. It took him 1.257 seconds. Slightly longer than usual.

Hot plasma tore away at their limited cover. Without a word, Daytona hastily tossed Tristan his equipment and sword. Daytona recognized the precariousness of their tactical situation. He would have to take the risk.

Wing06 Wing06
PiePillager PiePillager

Progr8zo stopped as he saw the ship move around him, his flight saving him from the jostle. A small light on his chest plate blinked and he tapped into the communication line built into him, Capriole's vibrations coming through the translator clearly.

"Progr8zo, stay out of sight unless you can provide some sort of distraction or intel," she ordered her sous chef, glancing about the mess hall as the others began to go where they felt needed. "You're small so hide away somewhere but move to where you hear others. I'm sure you have tricks up your sleeve."

"Inside of me yes but not in my sleeves," the small robot responded to which Capriole simply disconnected the line.

The small robot scanned its surroundings and went towards the direction it had been originally going to-- the engine room.

~*~

"Chef B.R.D," Capriole said, turning to the robot that remained. "Hide away for now. If I need you, I'll..." Capriole paused, the robotic eyes squinting. "I'll find a way to reach you. Guard the food."

B.R.D. simply saluted and scooted off, Capriole sliding her gelatinous mass off the robotic skeleton she lugged around. The skeleton's yellow eyes turned off and it stood there, motionless. Meanwhile, the slime made her way out of the mess hall towards the sounds of fighting.

It was soup time.

332600_iUD7D9iV.pngNaomi Hart
Interaction: Open
Mentioned: Lord Saethos Lord Saethos Pacificus Pacificus Wing06 Wing06

Namoi was actually rather excited about dinner. She hadn't eaten anything other than breakfast at about 9 am. Not to mention, the first meal on a ship would always somewhat set the tone of what to expect. And that wasn't just qaulity of the food, but how people reacted. How they mingled. It said a lot about people, how well they'd end up working together. Naomi did however, the closer she got to the dining hall, develop a slight churn in her gut. Nerves, maybe? Or just a bad feeling. It made no sense, but it did cause the woman to slow. Brows furrowed, she wanted to take a few moments to try and figure out what was causing it...But she assumed after maybe a minute or so that it was just her being nervous about eating in front of a big group of strangers. As accepting most people were, though accepting was a sad word to use, about her weight; there had been plenty of incidents where people insisted on making problems. Of course then she'd solve it by sparring with them and promptly showing why her weight was an advantage. In any case, the main point, she was still excited for dinner.

Walking in, Namoi quickly realized she was among the last two arrive. That was a non issue though, scanning the room for a seat. Immediately she spotted Tristan and one of the other men she had met earlier. He was dressed a little odd, the style itself just seemed out of date, but he still looked nice. Naomi almost felt underdressed. Her attire would quickly become the least of her worries though as suddenly, the first mate's voice came over the PA, red lights flashing as it did. "Pirates? Already?" Naomi muttered to herself, making an attempt to turn back out into the room when the ship lurched. It caused the woman to stumble, shoulder slamming into the bulkhead. She grunted, shaking it off as Namoi recovered quickly. Daytona was already gone, no doubt off to the security office. That should be her destination as well, Naomi out in the hall seconds after she had recovered. But...a though crossed her mind. They were under attack, most likely, they'd be boarded or bombarded with some kind of weapons attack that could cause debris. She needed her armor. at least a few pieces of it, and Naomi knew that none of the standard issued armor she could grab would fit correctly.

After a few seconds of consideration, Naomi took off down the hall toward the hanger. But not before she yelled back into the dining hall. "Anyone assigned to Ground Team, get your asses in gear!" Two others took off in that direction as she shouted, but Namoi didn't catch who, and they were already out of sight when she finally began her sprint. Her footfalls teaching through the halls were drowned out by the rumbling of the ship. Had they been hit? Was another ship? Naomi didn't have the time to stop and figure it out. She kept running, the entrance to the cargo hold coming into view shortly, Naomi burst through and made a beeline to her gear locker. From it, she obviously grabbed the chest plate, the thigh pieces and her weapons. And last but not least, her medical kit. The pistol found the small of her back while her rifle found a comfortable home in her hands, and the med kit was placed on her back. While she was gearing up and ensuring her weapons were in working order, Daytona entered a d began to make cover. Smart, they could be boarded at any second.

As Daytona worked, Noami would join in. She made an attempt to move the volatile cargo further back and out of the way. She didn't make much progress, but they were hopefully better protected now. It wouldn't be much longer before red armor started to infiltrate the hold. From her position, Daytona's intial attack gave her time to cross into a more advantageous position, which allowed her to pop up and fire a few times at the pirates before the ship lurched again. Thanks to her stance she lost minimal footing, glancing at Tristan as he said something to Daytona. Not that Namoi could focus, scrambling back from a crate hit with a plasma shot. Naomi huffed, shifting back from cover to pop up, firing again. Her goal for the moment would be aiming center mass, giving Daytona the time to pick them off as they scrambled to recover.

Haul rubbed his hands together gleefully. "Suit me up for some good ol' fashioned sabotage!" Haul quickly slipped into the Exo-Vator, the mechsuit purring to life with a pleasing hum. The Exo-Vator had its own docking port, so Haul was able to pop out into space without any problems. The small thrusters kept the suit stabilized as Haul started moving towards the pirate ship that had docked with the Cry.

"Nobody touches my bird," Haul growled, baring his teeth.

Matias could hear the fighting ongoing, but didn't let it distract him. He'd rounded up a few members of the security crew, but he didn't want to take many. A handful would do.

"Get to the Hummingbird," Matias said, following the others as he finished zipping up his armor, and pushed on his helmet. "We're launching immediately for the Cassowary."

Hector figured with the Exovator having it's own way off the ship, he might as well hitch a ride as short cut. An external device floating above him like a 3d printer covering him in the metallic nanofiber that formed his spacesuit. Picking up his tools and going on his way towards the Exo-Vator port as Haul was making his exit, Hector quickly kicked open a nearby crate left in the cargo hold to be sorted out later. He figured fro the various warning labels and cautionary signs, it'd be something somewhat pertinent to the current situation and thankfully...

"Stash of pulse rifles? Please and thank you," He concluded, taking one before hopping atop the Exo-Vator and ducking as the Hangar began to close. "You know..." he spoke over comms as they arrived arrived in space, battles underway and lighting up the starry skies with streaks of red and blue. "Thought we could figure out a way to detach their ship but...think we can do a little worse than that. See that shimmer..." Hector pointed. "They shielded. Think I can hook up something to disrupt it for a hot minute. Won't last too long but...enough for us to do some damage. What you think?"

Pirates began to fall back towards the door as the crew of the Blackbird began returning fire fro their fortified position. "Far more prepared than we thought..." one pirate grimaced.

"Good...love me a challenge!" a Zumolkan pirate grinned, barging in with a device wrapped around his arm, a rapidly spinning disk that emitted a 6 ft tall energy shield, wide enough for several pirates to duck behind for cover. It acted to absorb the shots from the various rounds of fire from the defending Blackbird crewmates.

With every shot the shield absorbed, it seemed to crackle a little until the Zumolkan twisted a final on his wrist, and.... FWOOSH!!!

The energy of the shield propelled forward, now acting as a projectile, smashing through the crates stacked Daytona stacked and knocking the Blackbird crew against a wall.

DarKnight36 DarKnight36
FireMaiden FireMaiden
Pacificus Pacificus
Wing06 Wing06

Matias entered the hangar, and immediately began firing as the security team behind him sprinted for the shuttle. The Zumolkan who had just fired the shield blast raised it to deflect Matias' shots, but found it ineffective as Matias fired an absurd ricochet shot around the shield's area of effect and into the Zumolkan's forehead. The other pirates scrambled for cover as Matias gestured forward new members of the security team into the hangar.

"Do not let the intruders past this point!" Matias snapped the order to Daytona. "Hart, you're with me, I need your help."

As the pirates began pushing forward their own barricades into a stalemate, Matias moved to the Hummingbird and climbed aboard. "Strap in!" he called over his shoulder as its engines roared to life. "Launching in ten!"

Contrary to what films would have you believe, space is silent. Explosions, lasers, ship engines, there was no sound beyond Haul's breathing and whatever was filtering over the comms. It lent a very eerie quality to space walking, but Haul was no stranger to it. He'd spent most of his life in space after all. Haul floated forward, eyeing the shimmer.

"Yes, get the shield down," Haul agreed with his superior. "I'll cut through that panel there and see what I can break."

FireMaiden FireMaiden
Pacificus Pacificus
PiePillager PiePillager

Hector leaped from the Exo-Vator and latched onto the hull of the Blackbird's Cry. His grip and soles quickly magnetized, allowing him to crawl beneath the ship's hull. He'd probably get a better shot from the top, but he didn't want to risk getting spotted by the Garra. Quickly he drew out the pulse rifle he grabbed from the cargo hull. "Tell me you have a scope mod...Tell me you have a scope mod..." He muttered to himself, giving the gun a quick once over. "That's what I'm fuckin' talkin' 'bout!" He chuckled before getting into position. Shooting upside down...not necessarily his ideal spot to set up in but he can manage. He's fired pretty accurately from worse positions before.

He took some ammunition from his tool belt and loaded it into the gun. Specialized rounds of his own making. Now, he'd be at a disadvantage. He'd planned on making some trades at the space station during the final pit stop before they entered the Black Hole, but an emergency was an emergency. With the ammo loaded, he raised the rifle and began to line up his shot.

The ship's shields would not be down for too long, but hopefully they would be disrupted for just long enough for Haul to do his thing. Hector had several rounds, but he knew all he had was one chance. One misfire and there would be a possibility that he would be detected. And with all that said...his breathing slowed and the scope zoomed in on the barrier, looking for one telltale fluctuation that indicated it was weaker in some spots more than others and...

BAM!

The shot was fired and a blue light encompassing The Garra de Galaxia, suddenly fizzled out.

"¡Capitán! ¡Tenemos una emergencia!" Halcon heard relayed over comms. Scratching his metallic chin, the pirate captain spoke calmly in response.

"Entendido. Tengo fe en que tú te encargarás de ello. Yo, mientras tanto, debo lidiar con algunos problemas propios," Halcon responded coolly, snapping his fingers. At once, several more of his engineers charged into the fray, each of them going into formation and activating their force-shields, stacking them across and atop of each other, leaving space only for their blasters to fire.

Marching forward in this phalanx position they shot back at the crew....with their captain calmly walking behind them, his blade casually slung over his shoulder.

Last edited:
Weapons in hand, Tristan began fighting alongside Naomi and Daytona. The three made a pretty good team, keeping the pirates at bay until the pirates deployed a hardlight shield. "Shit," Tristan muttered as the shield launched forward, penetrating their line of defense. Tristan tried to get a bead on the pirate carrying the shield, but a well-aimed shot took the would-be intruder down. He looked to see Matias and a few other members of the ship's security team file into the hangar. "Hart, you're with me; I need your help," Matis commanded. Naomi fired a few more shots and fell out of the hangar behind Matais, leaving Daytona, Tristan, and a few security team members behind to defend the Blackbird.

The few members of the security team that Matais left behind quickly fell into position. This was Daytona's show, and they were eager to follow his commands. Tristan carefully aimed, taking out pirate after pirate with headshots. A few times, he moved position and began firing at center mass to keep the barrage off his position, but for the most part, the pirates were easy to pick off. Organized, but not disciplined. "Keep the pressure. They'll have to yield eventually!" He called out. One member of the security forces cried out and slumped over. Tristan then realized they'd already lost three men in the firefight. The crew of the Blackbird's cry weren't soldiers either. They were researchers, trained in the basics of combat because the stars deemed it necessary. His heart began to pound in his chest as the gravity of the situation truly took hold.

"Get the wounded and go!" He commanded, covering a pair of security personnel. They nodded and left their weapons at his feet; someone would need the ammo.

"We might need to force them to detach, Daytona." Tristan called out, "any ideas?"

332600_iUD7D9iV.pngNaomi Hart
Interaction: DarKnight36 DarKnight36
Mentioned: Pacificus Pacificus Wing06 Wing06

Jyn loved the smell of pulse munitions and plasma. It only added to the adrenaline that rushed through her body during a fight. Shots flew past her body, threanting to tear through cover...she couldn't help but smile. "And here I thought is expedition wouldn't be exciting!" She laughed, popping up from cover again. She fired rapidly, a pirate screaming as one of her shots tore though his exposed arm. Mere moments later though, the hard light shield formed. Her voice couldn't be heard by most over the sound of the rapid firing of the Blackbird's crew, warning them to cease fire. It came all too soon, Namoi not having enough time to properly prepare or yell a warning when a wall of energy was sent flying into the crates. And since Namoi was using said crates as cover...she was hit on both sides. The crate and energy attack her flying backward, colliding into another crate of something. Naomi let out a frustrated grunt, at first trying to shimmy out between the two crates. When that didn't work, she'd sink down and lean back. She'd then spread her knees and shove the crate Infront of her away.

Naomi raised her rifle as the pirate moved the shield to deflect fire from someone else, the woman taking the opportunity to pick off an exposed pirate before the others scrambled for cover. Her attention would quickly snap up to the new man, the first mate Matias. "Hart, you're with me! I need your help." Naomi smiled.

"Yes sir!" The woman called out, her attention shifting again as movement caught her eye. Raising her rifle again to fire, it clicked a few times. With a scoff, she'd draw her pistol to provide a bit of covering fire before scrambling from her position. She took off in a sprite toward the Hummingbird, ducking inside just a stray shot whizzed past her back. Naomi allowed herself to take a deep breath, strapping into one of the seats as Matias announced they'd be launching in ten. "Ready to rock and roll!"

Eichkern was about to reply to both Tristan and Daytona, but alarms began blaring and ending the pleasantries of dinner abruptly. He looked to the android with some confusion and a shrug. "Suppose this must be a tale to tell later?" Daytona and others began to leave quickly, and in short order Eichkern was one of the last people in the room.

As the alarms continued to blare, with no indication of what was going on, Eichkern dashed out of the dining hall, not bothering to grab any food. Fighting on a full stomach was a bad idea. But he did need some nutrients.

He stopped off at his station on the ship, quickly ruffling through the supplies to find emergency nutrient rations, kept in unappetizing (but non-perishable) tubes. Eichkern began to quickly swallow the pasty substance down as he logged into his computer, quickly searching around for security camera information.

As the Captain's voice began to echo throughout the ship, a view of an attacking fleet appeared on his screen, and he realized the full scope of what they were facing.

"Well look at that... Guess I chose the right dress attire after all." Eichkern smirked to himself as he grabbed a few supplies and hurried ouf of the office. He'd ran off to his quarters first, quickly grabbing his pistol and holster, before making his way to the storage room his armor had been sent to.

Eichkern set his pistol down on the floor, and quickly tore the top off of a crate, pulling his armor out and strapping it on just as quickly, a mad dash of both panic, and rage, as he felt a sense of indignation and injustice at this cowardly attack.

The armor was all nearly totally on now, save for Eichkern's gauntlets and helmet. He drew his blade quickly to give it a quick glance over. There was a small bathroom off to the side of the storage area, he looked between himself and his blade in the mirror while he absentmindedly thumbed the blade, memories of his past echoing through his mind.

Something bumped the ship and Eichkern felt his weight be thrown to the side. He managed to catch himself without falling, but he realized his hand was now sore. A small trickle of blood made it's way down the palm of his hand, slowly dripping onto the floor. He grimaced in annoyance at himself as he walked back to the bathroom mirror to clean it up.

But he stopped when his eyes met his own in the mirror. That armor, the black skin and red eyes, the blood...

Almost hypnotized by the long gone past, he turned the tap on of the sink, cold water slowly streaming out. He let a tiny amount of water pool in his bloodied hand, letting the fresh, incredibly clean liquid mix in with the little red pool that had built up. Eichkern raised his hand to his forehead, and with index and middle finger, painted a thin red streak across it.

His blood this time, and clean water. A clean start to a new life, one he would lead by his choices. One he'd be perhaps more responsible for than ever before.

Eichkern rinsed off his hand, raised his sword again, and ignited the blade, allowing the orange, glowing metal to touch the small wound on his hand for but a brief moment, sealing it up in a near instant. After he finished and re-sheathed his blade, he donned his gauntlets, and finally picked up the last piece of his armor.

He'd felt so introspective these past few days, and especially today. It was a day of great change... Perhaps more than he'd ever anticipated.

Red eyes stared down at the gleaming black metal of the knightly helmet, then back to himself in the mirror.

These pirates were going to rue this day for all eternity.

With that, a brief shadow of black encompassed his vision, before light again poured through the visor of his helmet.

Everything locked in place, air was circulating correctly, all environmental conditions inside were optimal.

Time for war.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
The sound of heavy metal colliding with metal echoed down the halls as the sounds of blaster fire grew louder. Eichkern rounded a corner to find Tristan and Daytona perched behind some crates, taking aim into what appeared to be the main breach, pirates firing back or attempting to take cover. Naomi appeared to be following after Matias, in the direction of the hanger it appeared.

He made his way to the others, pistol in left hand, adding his fire to that of Tristan, Daytona, and Naomi, calling out over the gunfire; "What's our status? Where do we need more bodies the most right now?" Eichkern wasn't sure how long Daytona and Tristan could hold off the interlopers, but likewise he realized whatever Matias was doing, had to be important. Strategy under fire was nigh impossible, so he had to hope all four were capable of doing the impossible.

Through the smoke and the fighting came Captain Suleiman, her robotic form wielding a gun that was ready to fire. In one quick motion she ducked into cover against the wall that Tristan, Daytona and Eichkern were pressed against. She watched as Naomi sped away from the battle toward the Hummingbird where Matias was getting his small crew ready for the Cassowary mission. Excellent. Tish's attention turned back to the three that were left to hold the front line where pirates threatened to march through. Her smooth voice called out over the gunfire, "Go with Kingsbury, Eichkern. They are going to rescue the Cassowary and need all of the fire power we can afford. The rest of us will hold the Blackbird."

Tish gave him a reassuring nod, despite feeling anything but reassured by their situation. Still, she had hand picked the best crew she could have.

Have confidence.

As Eichkern obeyed her orders and followed behind Naomi, Captain Suleiman glanced to the wall of force fields that pressed the attack, making a path for Halcon behind them. "Pirates are notoriously disorganized without a leader, so they should scatter after we take care of the Captain," her android eyes met with Daytona and Tristan, "I will deal with Halcon if you two can cover me, but we need to take down those shields. Any ideas?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back