• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Also i have decided i shall indeed play the king piece. Found me some good artwork for him that really captures the backstory i have in mind
5484d6ac0fd575ebd20c855771189caf.jpg
Born in 1898 Andrew Carpathia was the son of an immigrant from the northern Carpathian mountain range. They immigrated to the US where their hard to pronounce name was changed to Carpathia.

His father worked as a bootlegger until he met his end in a shootout with police, this sadly left Andrew and his mother with little choice but to continue working with his crooked buddies. Andrew continued to work with them until he was arrested in 1917 at age 19. Unfortunately this was about the same time the united states got involved with world war one.

Andrew was drafted into the service where he saw to horrors of war at the front lines. This did seem to change him for the better surprisingly as he began to learn that it wasn't always best to look out for number one. His little brother dying shortly after the war ended gave him his way out of the army and he found that his experience in both crime and combat had made him a truly useful asset to his cities police force.

Andrew would spend another five years working with the PD, finding love in the form of a Dancing girl, settling down and having a child with her. Too bad his old mob buddies were not to happy about what they deemed betrayal. A molotov through his homes window when he was out on a case brought his whole world crashing down around him in an ash coated heap.

Andrew turned to the bottle after that, and his downward spiral began. He would get drunk, and tossed out of bars often with a good scuffle going down. This would cost him his job and finally his apartment as well. Taking his last dollar andrew went to a local store to buy a beer and found himself involved in an attempted robbery. Drunk and not willing to see someone else suffer like he was from the loss of a loved one he decided to confront the robber.

While he did incapacitate the younger man, he was unable to do so without taking two shots to his chest. Unfortunately for him he had long since lost any living family and having no wallet on him Andrew Carpathia died at 29, a lone store clerk left to mourn his nameless saviour.

1e53gudg0_urbanfantasy~2.jpg
(Revived Andrew)

damn i was actually really interested in the king piece but oh well

damn i was actually really interested in the king piece but oh well
Sorry bout that but there are certain parts that he will be needed to do specific things and i really dont like taking over peoples characters.

The rook is still available i believe and there are no shortage of characters from the Nexus timelines that can be allies of the main cast. Certain gods from the Egyptian and Greek pantheons will be playable. Even normal human characters can be turned into Pawn pieces granting them superpowers akin to captain america in addition to some magic weapons and a spell or two.

I initially didn't want to take the rook piece, because i generally don't like the strongman role, but considering my characters, i think i have one that might fit...

I initially didn't want to take the rook piece, because i generally don't like the strongman role, but considering my characters, i think i have one that might fit...
To be fair characters arent chosen by master order for their likeness to the power. He picks people based on the way they lived in life and what their personalities are. So as long as the person is "strong" in some sense of the word it works. They could be a cuddly teddy bear of a person who will utterly smash those who threaten things they like.

The one for the novel was a gentle viking who was indomitable in combat due to his great size. But he didn't listen to his wife and wear extra furs and leathers during his raid in northern canada and he died of pneumonia after falling in the water while dismounting his boat. He is the broiest bro there is.

Plus the Rook has more to them than just strength....though they do have alot of strength.

my initial concept is a young girl, who's parents ignored her. she spent her time on the streets up to no good and developed a found family in the local gangs. her fierce facade and indominable attitude made her a force to be reckoned with, but her true strength lies in her heart of gold and fierce desire to protect her family. regardless of what gang they were in, everyone who knew her simultaneously respected her and feared her. she met her end at a young age when a gang from the next town over moved in on her territory and shot her during a fight.

my initial concept is a young girl, who's parents ignored her. she spent her time on the streets up to no good and developed a found family in the local gangs. her fierce facade and indominable attitude made her a force to be reckoned with, but her true strength lies in her heart of gold and fierce desire to protect her family. regardless of what gang they were in, everyone who knew her simultaneously respected her and feared her. she met her end at a young age when a gang from the next town over moved in on her territory and shot her during a fight.
That sounds excellent. I have always loved smol strong people.

Almost done just need to get off work and finish up expect it done and up tonight.

A few interesting catagories that will be on this are.

Birth date: i know we all have birthdays but rarely in an rp do we have years.

Death date: we are all dead when was your last day alive?

Wish: what do you want master order to grant you if your successful.

I will also be posting an updated and more detailed list of Pieces abilities including progression. As well as a more detailed description of the nexus crystals and the missions associated with them

Ok so i started working on the king and decided i shouldn't leave yall waiting any longer soooo

Blammo cs page. Ive got the lore page coming up next. In it will be the origins of the multiverse, master order and lord chaos, the game itself, and of course the pieces and nexus.

The lore should be ready by tomorrow.

Ah, yeah, i think i will have to withdraw from this sorry.

Ah, yeah, i think i will have to withdraw from this sorry.
Thats unfortunate. Any particular reason? Either way i suppose ill open up your role. If you change your mind later i shall find a way to wriggle you back in :)

Thats unfortunate. Any particular reason? Either way i suppose ill open up your role. If you change your mind later i shall find a way to wriggle you back in :)
Thanks, sorry i just feel that i can't deal with another roleplay considering how busy i am as of currently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back