• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Agent23

"Honey!!! Wheres my Supersuit?"
Macro Concept

The multiverse is not an infinite construct. It like all things within it has a cycle of decay and rebirth. However on such grand scales the Processes which govern these cycles become far more than natural. These Supernatural processes long ago became sentient forces, Lord Chaos And Master Order. Both are powerful beyond comprehension and in their infinite boredom they devised a way to make their purpose more entertaining to them. They would make it a game, pitting each against the other using the possibilities and beings of a universe to judge wether the universe will end or be renewed at the end of its cycle. At the start of this game a coin crafted by the two is cast, whichever of the two calls its outcome correctly becomes the Guardian leaving the other to be the adversary. The Guardian then chooses five native beings to the universe, usually from the same planet and species to make it easier for them to work together. These Beings become known as the pieces one representing the King, one representing the Queen, one representing the Bishop, one representing the Rook, and one representing the Knight. Meanwhile the Adversary will construct 5 Nexus crystals, which alter circumstance itself to lead to a universes end. They then place these five Crystals in different points of space and time within the universe. There the Crystals begin to instigate apocalyptic universe ending events. The pieces of the Guardian must prevent each of these apocalyptic events and lead the King Piece to the nexus Crystal where they can destroy it. Each crystal destroyed makes the remaining crystals stronger, but also makes the pieces grow stronger. If all five Crystals are destroyed the Universe is renewed, however if the king falls the Universe ends.

This game has just come to our universe, and earth has been selected as the battlefield. With the coin cast Master Order has come out as the Universes Guardian and he has selected his five pieces. You are one of these five, and it is up to you to save the universe. There is a catch however...lord order Only selects those who have died already usually being careful to avoid choosing great figures from history. He collects these souls just after the point of death and revives them within new bodies he has empowered. They are given a fortress within lord orders realm which possesses five portals each one leading to the time and general location where one of the Nexus crystals is located. Should you be victorious and your universe spared lord order promises to grant you each a single wish that is within his power to grant. Can you overcome the twisted machinations of the Adversary Lord Chaos? How will you use the power you will gain? What will you wish for? The answer to those and many more questions await in this game of cosmic chess...

Master Order has chosen the powers each piece will possess however each soul must choose which of the pieces they will become the Avatar of, lord order is fair however and he explains the gifts and burdens associated with each piece. He does however keep the higher stages of each power shrouded in mystery only hinting at their potential.

The King - Both the weakest and the strongest of the pieces. They holds inside of them the limitless divine power of Master Order , however they can only use this to grant power to others. By taking any kind of gem, precious metal, or crystal they can create a pawn totem. Afterwards this pawn totem can be given to any sentient being with a soul and it will multiply their basic capabilities by tenfold across the board so long as they maintain possession of the totem. The king is also capable of storing the souls of the other pieces if they are killed, can recreate their bodies with enough time, then put their soul in their new body effectively reviving them from the dead. Most importantly however the king is able to destroy the otherwise indestructible Nexus Crystals. It carries with it the burden of absolute dependency upon the power of others forcing the king to become someone worth defending. Lord Order claims the power of the kings pawns will increase greatly over time and eventually they will learn to make what they give their own power once again.

The Queen- Easily one of the most versatile and powerful pieces in terms of combat. They possess the ability to absorb all kinds of energy on touch up to the energy equivalent of 100 megatons. Once stored this energy can be used to generate force fields, unleash powerful energy attacks, amplify thier own attributes, and replenish the stamina of other pieces slightly healing them. Their burden is that they are the kings greatest shield and must act even when others cannot. They have a weakness to Both cold and bladed weapons yet Master Order claims these weaknesses shall vanish in time and their power to defend will make them and those they care about all but invincible.

The Rook- Hands down the physically strongest of the pieces, able to lift up to 10,000,000 tons and pack up to 10 megatons of force into a punch, in addition to their body being able to withstand equivalent levels of force and energy. They can casually move skyscrapers and the earth itself trembles at their blows. Thay bear the burden of being the hammer of Master order and must be willing to bring their tremendous force upon their foes without holding back. Electrical and Thermal energy are both very effective at overcoming their durability along with sharp blades but as with the queen Master Order claims these weaknesses will vanish and the rooks might will shake the cosmos themselves.

The Bishop- The bishop is perhaps the most specialized and exotic of the pieces boasting tremendous psychic power. Able to lift up to a million tons telekinetically and precise enough to perform surgery the bishop rarely if ever has to move in combat. They also possess telepathic abilities that allow them to link the minds of their comrades and even detect the intentions of foes. They bear the burden of holding back the maddening effects of the chaos and bloodshed they and their allies must face and must possess the indomitable will to carry that weight without cracking. They are uniquely vuknerable to machines and traps which have no thoughts and thus can stealthily strike, sadly this is a weakness that cannot be overcome. That said master order claims that the power they will one day possess will be able to rearrange the stars in the sky.

The Knight-When all seems lost and precious moments count this piece shines. The knight is by a insurmountable margin the fastest of the pieces able to reach 10% of the speed of light (about 87,000 times the speed of sound) and process and register information at that rate. Furthermore they seem able to recover stamina and even heal at a tremendous rate. Perhaps the most effective aspect of this power is the fact that they learn at such an accelerated rate that a few minutes practice with any weapon will make them a master of said weapon. They bear the burden of being the first into combat and facing the horrors of war head on. They must have the resolve to meet these horrors without slowing down for a moment. They do seem to have a weakness to unstable conditions as even rainstorms can be a hazard moving at such speeds, however Master Order claims that soon nothing will be able to slow them down.

The nexus crystals are to Lord Chaos what the pieces are to master order. However their function is quite different. These nexus crystals use the power of chaos to introduce entirely new timelines into reality which over time fuse into the universe mutating it and making it more amd more unstable. Each of these can cause the destruction of the universe by itself if not dealt with wether it takes one year or a hundred is entirely unknown but it will happen nonetheless. If the crystals are destroyed however the timeline they created evaporates and the universe, sturdy as she is, will be able to bounce back. All of these crystals have been placed in different times and regions of the earth and do not have to be beaten in order however each one crystal that is dealt with will cause the others to progress further meaning no matter the order you choose to face them in the difficulty of all increase with each victory.

1.)Into the afterlife- Year 3031 BC- location Ancient Egypt- The Egyptian god Seth was given the Nexus Crystal directly and its power mutated him into a god eating monster. He seeks to devour Isis, Horus, Geb, and Osiris to become an "alpha god" and gain control over reality itself. Each god he slays will increase his power and decrease the Allies available to the pieces as with each fallen god there comes a catastrophe upon egypt cutting away a quarter of the nation's population.

2.) The Fall- Year 70 A.D- location Rome- The nexus Crystal has created a timeline where the Greek gods fearing their destruction as more and more forget them launch a war against the most powerful nation of man...rome. The destruction of mans greatest empire would ensure they are never forgotten. The mkre time that goes by the more of their forces they bring to their side and the greater things will progress. If successful the world will forever be ruled by the greek pantheon, one now believing destroying cities is the way to get peoples attention. Unfortunately the Nexus Crystal is embedded in Zeus's throne.

3.) Prime Wendigo- Year 1007 AD- Location North american great Lakes- the native american tribes of north america find themselves facing off against a very large and well organized Wendigo pack lead by one who eats his own kind to gain their power. As more time passes mlre tribes will fall, the number of Wendigos will Increase and the Prime Wendigo will grow stronger. The prime Wendigo has the Nexus crystal within him.

4.) Nazi's From Hell-year 1944- Location Germany- The Nexus crystal is found by Nazi scientists who trace the chaotic energies back to a realm set ablaze by Lord Order Whose only surviving inhabitants are the hyper advanced and horribly mutated Tenari who resemble the Depictions of red skinned winged goat legged demons. These tenari find the nazi doctrine rather agreeable to their evil nature and have joined them granting advanced technology and supernatural powers to the evil reich. With each passing day the Allied forces are pushed back and more tenari come through the time space distortion created by the scientists. The nexus Crystal sits within a bunker in Hamburg and is incidentally where all the Invaders are being spawned from.

5.) Final Flight- year 4021- Location the SS Regulator war Colony Carrier.- humanity finds itself united in a dreadful war against a living Star with the nexus crystal at its core. This stars radiation corrupts the minds of those it comes into contact with and the thing is mobile. Heading straight for human territory with a massive horde of corrupted alien warships surrounding it. Humanity has responded by sending a fleet of their own whose purpose is to punch through the alien hordes and establish a battle colony on the unnaturally cool star. From there the pieces must find the Nexus Crystal and destroy it before the solar system and its 15 trillion citizens will be corrupted.

Last edited:
Both are good choices depending on what you want. Their progression is pretty focused so while there are 4 higher levels of power for each piece these two and the rook in particular grow fairly linearly so with a few exceptions you aughta be able to predict the power they will gain. More importantly however is the dynamic to the team. The Knight will need to be aggressive and confident enough to act quickly and without hesitation. The Bishop on the other hand would need to be mentally sound and probably have very good emotional control so personality wise they are pretty different. Granted you design the personality so either can be what you choose but nonetheless i am certain either will be a fun fit :)

Both are good choices depending on what you want. Their progression is pretty focused so while there are 4 higher levels of power for each piece these two and the rook in particular grow fairly linearly so with a few exceptions you aughta be able to predict the power they will gain. More importantly however is the dynamic to the team. The Knight will need to be aggressive and confident enough to act quickly and without hesitation. The Bishop on the other hand would need to be mentally sound and probably have very good emotional control so personality wise they are pretty different. Granted you design the personality so either can be what you choose but nonetheless i am certain either will be a fun fit :)
Reading that, I think I'm leaning more towards the bishop now.

The pieces each have 4 stages of power, 5 if you count the starting power. While i wont be going into extreme detail i will be listing the paths all pieces go down.

Base- the starting point of the story has our Saviours with only the power that comes from the new bodies master order made them. Even still these formidable bodies are godlike in their capabilities

Armament- as the pieces consume the nexus energy it awakens hidden power within them. The armament is a weapon unique to each piece that is constructed out of their soul amd is usually indestructible. Manifesting this weapon adds additional capabilities to their power while increasing their overall output by about ten fold.

Domain- The armaments are modified souls weaponized or so it seems...in reality they are the modified bodies connection to entire dimensions of power set aside by Master Order for the pieces Use. Tapping into this domain energy again grants additional abilities while increasing the overall potency of their powers by another tenfold which stacks upon the Armament power for a scary 100 times base multiplier.

Aspect power- The power of Aspect is truly terrifying and is achieved by the Dimension of power known as the domain being brought into the physical realm and completely absorbed by the piece resulting in a huge multiplier that can usually only last for a fraction of a second and is unleashed in one single attack with up to 100 times the potency of the most powerful Domain level Attack. By this point the pieces will be outputting enough energy to wipe away planets and contend with the full unbridled might of entire pantheons of gods. However using this power causes the Armament to break limiting the Piece to their base levels of power for up to 24 hours after using the Aspect boost.

Truth state- the Final level of power afforded to pieces. Once Body, Mind, and Soul have become accustomed to the odd powers of master order catalizef by the nexus crystals chaotic energy the Piece will undergo an evolution of some kind. Unlike the others this power up does not grant a multiplier like usual. Instead it shifts the goalposts making the pieces base level powers equivilant to their prior domain level power. While simultainiously allowing them to use the Armament, Domain, and Aspect powerups on top of that. This means their new base is 100 times as powerful as it was at the start...and they can still stack two more tenfold multipliers on it plus the burst of an aspect power up. Finally the truth mode makes the consequences of the Aspect power considerably less severe only restricting the piece to base for about a half hour. While all of this seems like a little Much...by the time this power is available only one Nexus crystal will remain and within it will be a fully formed armageddon timeline one that would have reached 99% inevitability....

Reading that, I think I'm leaning more towards the bishop now.
Personally one of my favorites. In the above section you will see a thing listed as armaments. The Bishop actually has in my opinion the most unique armament in the game kinda difficult to use but badass and diverse in its applications.

Awesome. Im one of those rare support mains as well. I use her. Herc, Guan Yu, and Ares...my secret Ace in the hole is arachnae.
That's one hell of a secret XD. Definitely didn't expect an assassin at the end. I really only play support and mages. I have 20 or more diamond ranks and majority of them are mages. Nu Wa is the love of my life though lol.

Will the enemies the pieces face be supernatural as well?
Not all but some for sure. Though in this universe supernatural just means above nature or from beyond our universe so technically yes. But some of our foes use advanced technologies some use divine godly power, others use naturally occuring magics, while others still outsource to transdimensional armies.

That's one hell of a secret XD. Definitely didn't expect an assassin at the end. I really only play support and mages. I have 20 or more diamond ranks and majority of them are mages. Nu Wa is the love of my life though lol.
Yeah i have a nasty arachnae build that is an illusion. It makes you think you gotta run asap when the first hit lands. But in truth running away is impossible, the real way to beat it is to either build massive burst and kill her first, or stand and fight with a good bit of tankiness. To solidify how bad running is...i can run down chiron and Mercury with her.

Yeah i have a nasty arachnae build that is an illusion. It makes you think you gotta run asap when the first hit lands. But in truth running away is impossible, the real way to beat it is to either build massive burst and kill her first, or stand and fight with a good bit of tankiness. To solidify how bad running is...i can run down chiron and Mercury with her.
You're a monster XD. I was really into her at one point, but then I got on this trip about getting all the mages lol

You're a monster XD. I was really into her at one point, but then I got on this trip about getting all the mages lol
I feel ya i was gonna go down that route but my wife went and got the all the heroes bundle and so now im collecting skins...my god that sounds terrifying.

Im torn between playing as the King Piece as the actual character from the planned novel is friggin awesome quite deep and relatable.

But at the same time that takes a role from a potential fifth person...i suppose ill play it by ear for now.

Also something to think about. How did your character die before Master Order revived them as a piece? When and where did they live? The only rule is that they must be modern man. Not modern as in nowadays but modern in the sense that they must be Cro-magnon and not any other offshoots of humanity. Basically you have a 12,000 year window and yes...atlantians are playable but they are just people from atlantis not weird sea people or magic people

Users who are viewing this thread

Back