• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Question

I don't understand...your saying you wouldn't enjoy making a character in this situation or you wouldn't like this happening to you..in which case it doesn't matter because its not gonna happen.
I wouldn't want to make a character in this situation. I'm not much of a fan of kidnapping as a story hook. Plus I want the burden of Cosmic Champion to be completely consensual. After all, you don't want someone who... doesn't want to save the universe, saving the universe.

I wouldn't want to make a character in this situation. I'm not much of a fan of kidnapping as a story hook. Plus I want the burden of Cosmic Champion to be completely consensual. After all, you don't want someone who... doesn't want to save the universe, saving the universe.

I think it has its place and time, personally I think that having a character who doesn't want to the save the universe being forced or coherced into saving the universe at first but overtime they learn to accept and even enjoy their responsobility could be a interesting character arc, though that's just my opinion and your free to do whatever you shall please

I've been thinking about it, and while the premise is certainly interesting, I'm not exactly sure if I'm going to enjoy being kidnapped and conscripted to face off against a universal threat, so I'm going to respectfully bow out before it starts. You can open the Leo spot back up. Thanks, and I'm sorry to disappoint.
Ok though the kidnapping occurred nearly a year ago and the option to change ones mind has been there. Plus Xalgo is defaulting to the players choices in how to accomplish that defense so he is not going to be controlling your decisions rather helping to master the powers. But hey to each their own. If you change your mind let me know.

Ok though the kidnapping occurred nearly a year ago and the option to change ones mind has been there. Plus Xalgo is defaulting to the players choices in how to accomplish that defense so he is not going to be controlling your decisions rather helping to master the powers. But hey to each their own. If you change your mind let me know.
Does the morality of the person before the kidnapping matter? To me it just sounds like you need to embody the traits whether they be posititve or negative

yutohase yutohase
More importantly if the kidnapping situation bothered you why not approach the topic and see if it can be changed first then leave if it cant? This is after all the interest check and nothing is set in stone yet. Makes it seem like theres a bit more to it honestly.

Does the morality of the person before the kidnapping matter? To me it just sounds like you need to embody the traits whether they be posititve or negative
assuming we stick with the initial snatch up idea it would be based on generic traits and psychic resonances (basically plot mumbo jumbo that makes any kind of character acceptable.) so wether or not the person is a hero is kinda irrelevant as even a serial killer or a murderer wouldnt want to be wiped out or have the universe end. That said someone who would want something like that probably wouldnt be chosen.

yutohase yutohase
More importantly if the kidnapping situation bothered you why not approach the topic and see if it can be changed first then leave if it cant? This is after all the interest check and nothing is set in stone yet. Makes it seem like theres a bit more to it honestly.

assuming we stick with the initial snatch up idea it would be based on generic traits and psychic resonances (basically plot mumbo jumbo that makes any kind of character acceptable.) so wether or not the person is a hero is kinda irrelevant as even a serial killer or a murderer wouldnt want to be wiped out or have the universe end. That said someone who would want something like that probably wouldnt be chosen.

Interesting, to go with the big bull brawler concept i was thinking maybe he was a underground pit fighter or something similar and i was just making sure this wouldn't make him to "not good" to be kidnapped and Knighted

Interesting, to go with the big bull brawler concept i was thinking maybe he was a underground pit fighter or something similar and i was just making sure this wouldn't make him to "not good" to be kidnapped and Knighted
That sounds pretty boss, and would certainly be something useful given the setting.

yutohase yutohase
Fair enough, though I feel like it's not so much that it's wrong to be kidnapped and forced into it, it's just that I've mostly just lost interest in the way we're going about it.

Fair enough, though I feel like it's not so much that it's wrong to be kidnapped and forced into it, it's just that I've mostly just lost interest in the way we're going about it.

No offense Yoshi but we haven't done much yet, the kidnapping part is just a excuse to get everyone to the same place and I don't imagine its gonna play a massive role in the plot meaning if you were interested enough to sign up for this the kidnapping thing shouldn't change much, thought thats just my opinion

No offense Yoshi but we haven't done much yet, the kidnapping part is just a excuse to get everyone to the same place and I don't imagine its gonna play a massive role in the plot meaning if you were interested enough to sign up for this the kidnapping thing shouldn't change much, thought thats just my opinion
I'm not offended, I'm just... not into this anymore. And I didn't mean to make this a whole argument. So, sorry for ruining the mood. And you guys have fun.

Understandable, i cant exactly make you stay. If you have any suggestions we can put it to a vote. Otherwise no hard feelings, have fun and dont explode spontaneously.

Also we are more than ready to start my peoples. Once we have at least four completed characters…or monday whichever comes first. We will be ready to kick off the actual storyline.

So for a weapon I was thinking that everyone should have 1 ranged form and 1 melee form and I was thinking that my melee would be big bulky gauntlets but I can't think of a ranged option

So for a weapon I was thinking that everyone should have 1 ranged form and 1 melee form and I was thinking that my melee would be big bulky gauntlets but I can't think of a ranged option
about that
the weapons have two forms for the most part already. They have a form thats the base. Then when the Knight gains the full power form they can spawn the full power weapon which is a stronger version.

you could make the gauntlets the base form, then the full power weapon could be gauntlets which can project their force out at a range.

For those who missed the link on page one.

For powers, how element-related they should be? I picked Libra but the powers I came up with so far are detached from the wind element.

For powers, how element-related they should be? I picked Libra but the powers I came up with so far are detached from the wind element.
Vaguely elemental related. As long as its not reality warping stuff or magical mumbo jumbo that cannot be explained by Pseudoscience mumbo jumbo then it aughta be fine. Worst case scenario we work together to come up with a suitable replacement for things that wont work

Can be Leo?
Sure thing but i will be rebooting the story a good deal.

Xalgo will be nerfed a good deal to rely more upon technology and the Zodiac knights. the Kidnapping scenario will be more of a psychic impulse suggestion. And the dread will be rewritten to be a bit more…badass.

Jigajig Jigajig Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia AbyssFlower AbyssFlower Et cetera Et cetera Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread bayleen bayleen Nightshade98 Nightshade98 VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator

Hey guys. If your still in please let me know. If not also let me know please so i can free up your zodiac, no hard feelings. The CS page is open and we can be ready to kick off today if we have a few more cs’s drop.

Ill be adding an updated lore Section soon but there are a few minimal changes to the coming story. The worlds lore will be basically the same as our real world with the exception of each characters personal story, and the addition of several strange events occurring around the globe though none would have much of a direct impact on the player characters or any human for that matter…except maybe those who go missing.

1.) rather than a kidnapping scenario characters will have spent a few weeks to months receiving odd dreams, visions, and hearing a voice. The situation will be loosely explained to them in the dreams, All coming to a head with the subjects going to a remote area where they would be taken to Xalgo and the moon in a pillar of light.

2.) The dread will have many agents and even some monsters already present on earth causing very strange news to be spreading through the world. Things like politicians suddenly changing their entire policy over the course of a single day, Battleships going missing, and strange intelligence agencies being spotted in odd obscure places.

3.) Xalgo will lose a good deal of his physical might though will still be above a normal human. His psychic power will also be limited so that hid diplomat suit is required to compare to a Base form Zodiac. His battle suit will also be still in the process of being repaired and modernized, even upon completion it will be notably less powerful than the zodaics. He will fill a role more like Zordon from the power rangers basically being a coordinator and mission giver for the story with very rare and short lived combat scenes. He will depend a lot more on the main cast for his success or failure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back