• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Corvallis Academy [Applications Closed ]

Neo Alice

Mahō Shōjo

• One day you're minding your own business, working on your parent's bakery, going to school, practicing your music or simply chilling in your room when it happens. It's not like you meant to do it, you had no control over it more than you can control a sneeze. The thing is, you accidentally casted a spell. Maybe you got mad at a costumer or you were having a really good time with your friends or just passionate about your art or maybe even having a bad nightmare. Whatever triggered doesn't matter, you had a conduit moment.

One of the four sources of magic resonated with you, allowing you to unleash a powerful magical surge of power and changing you forever. You've heard of it, after all magic isn't a secret in your world, but this is supposed to happen to witches around your age not your typical human teenager. Why is it that you, out of all people, would turn out to be a Wild Born?

Well, you'll have time to wonder about that later as the Abjuration Squad has already arrived at your location. As all Wild Borns you have a choice to make right now, accept a scholarship at a Witch Academy or renounce to your newfound powers forever. However you felt about your life before this moment, you accept the scholarship and within minutes you are forced to pack your bags and say your goodbyes.

As you read the informative pamphlet that the abjurers facilitated you there's this feeling of excitement flowing through your body as you think which dorm you'll get assigned to. Green Snakes, White Butterflies, Blue Wolves or Yellow Lions? You're a bit disappointed to find out it's neither, instead the "Prismatic Chameleons" is to be your home for the first year of your academic life. Unlike other students who have already some level of experience with magic and have gotten their affinity tested, you and your fellow Wild Borns are brand new to this and have no clear affinity to be discerned yet.

Magical politics, life and death situations, keeping your scores high, surviving your exams and finding a date to prom, are you ready? Welcome to your first year in Corvallis Academy!

Hi everyone, I'm looking for players interested in roleplaying this idea of mine. I only ask two paragraphs per post and no less than 3 posts per week (more is always well received). There's currently no limit on how many players can join, everyone is welcome 🤗

CS Thread:

OOC Thread:

Here's the official list, so far we have 18 approved characters.

Sky: 4
Sun: 4
Moon: 5
Earth: 5

There's no pressure into choosing one source over the other but I know this might come handy to indecisive players that want to make a character.

Last edited:
This look interesting, I have a couple questions though.

I’m interested and sky magic catches my attention!

First off, what era is the story taking place in? Is there technology?
Modern, basically 2022. Technology is a thing, however, it evolved alongside magic (More specifically: Sky Magic) so some things might be a bit different than our version of it (For example, some cars run on Storm Orbs rather than fuel.)

The majority of the population is human but witches are publicly known and accepted (There's an explanation for it but that'll be addressed deeper into the story)

Modern, basically 2022. Technology is a thing, however, it evolved alongside magic (More specifically: Sky Magic) so some things might be a bit different than our version of it (For example, some cars run on Storm Orbs rather than fuel.)

The majority of the population is human but witches are publicly known and accepted (There's an explanation for it but that'll be addressed deeper into the story)
Okay okay, so to be clear. "Wildborns" or "Witches" are people who can use magic and there are normal humans who can't use magic at all right?

I would love to join this! And possibly use sun magic ofc

Okay okay, so to be clear. "Wildborns" or "Witches" are people who can use magic and there are normal humans who can't use magic at all right?

Yes.

It's important to clarify that Witches are born from other Witches while Wild Borns are born from regular humans. So while all wild borns are witches not all witches are wild born.

Yes.

It's important to clarify that Witches are born from other Witches while Wild Borns are born from regular humans. So while all wild borns are witches not all witches are wild born.
Okay, one final question, can I play as a regular human being that can't use magic? A flawed character that has to use his wits and what little he had access to in order to fight back the supernatural and survive against all odds?

Okay, one final question, can I play as a regular human being that can't use magic? A flawed character that has to use his wits and what little he had access to in order to fight back the supernatural and survive against all odds?
Well, no, the plot revolves around a group of Wild Born students newly enrolled at Corvallis Academy.

I don't see how such a character would fit in a place where studying magic is the goal.

I mean, theoretically they could just be really bad at magic but they must have gotten their conduit moment as everyone else

Well, no, the plot revolves around a group of Wild Born students newly enrolled at Corvallis Academy.

I don't see how such a character would fit in a place where studying magic is the goal.

I mean, theoretically they could just be really bad at magic but they must have gotten their conduit moment as everyone else
Okay sorry for wasting your time.

kevin kevin Adairz_ Adairz_ Ghostiiys Ghostiiys Guppy Franz Guppy Franz Lord_Boreas Lord_Boreas ave goin insane ave goin insane Walliver Walliver Peckinou Peckinou Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

Here you go <3

CS Thread:

OOC Thread:

Also, in case someone else wishes to join, there's still room for more people. I'm happy with 9 players but everyone is welcomed here

With 4 to 8 that you're looking for but clearly more than that amount interested, how will you be doing applications? First come first served?

With 4 to 8 that you're looking for but clearly more than that amount interested, how will you be doing applications? First come first served?
Oh, I just edited my previous post to address this lol

There aren't really any roles, or spots, everyone can join (Honestly, classrooms tend to have more than 30 students so 4-8 was just me being shy 🙈 in case there wasn't enough people interested)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back