• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom π–ˆπ–”π–—π–—π–šπ–•π–™π–Žπ–”π–“ | 𝖆 𝖉𝖔𝖓'𝖙 π–˜π–™π–†π–—π–›π–Š π–—π–”π–‘π–Šπ–•π–‘π–†π–ž

ObitoPancake

πŸŒΈπŸƒπŸ₯
n6QbcSu.gif

This is a closed RP between myself and 4thdslip 4thdslip !

qο½₯:*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜…,qο½₯:*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜†
With a hard thud, Maxwell found himself face down on the cold grassy floor of The Constant. If it hadn't been for the pain in his face, his mind would have been whirling with what had landed him here. Charlie.

That damned witch, she had deposed him from his throne and left him to rot in The Constant once again. Max put his spindly arms to work and pushed himself off the ground with a hearty grunt. Small blades of grass flittered down from his hair and came to rest on his legs; his impact had been rather hard and now, with a breath of fresh air in his lungs, the man had a moment to take in his surroundings.

Yep. He was most definitely in The Constant, just as he had thought.

It seemed as though he was going to be left to survive on his own now. At least that was what he thought before he looked up to see another being on the horizon.

Wilson stiffened when he saw someone laying faceflat on the grassy moor, he was tempted to go over them and kick him, but decided that was much too childish of him to do. Also he has better self-control than that, he didn't want to lose that too.

After a couple seconds of arguing with himself to go and help or leave him to die over and over like he had done to him. He did the bigger thing, he went over and passed Maxwell some rabbit earmuffs. "Here, you arrived at a shitty time. Winter is a couple days away." He said nothing more, before starting to head away from Maxwell as he couldn't be nice to the man any longer than he already had. He gave him enough, and those earmuffs were easily replaceable.

In a rather pathetic display, the taller of the two pushed himself off the ground and wobbled after the man. He had put the man through hell and high water with his sick games, watching the dark-haired scientist die time and time again much to Maxwell's enjoyment. Max's legs, still a bit unsteady due to the dizziness from his impact, moved like jelly, nearly causing him to topple over as he followed behind the other.

"Wilson, friend! Please listen to me." Gaining a bit of momentum on those wobbling legs of his, Maxwell started to close the gap between the two of them. Though, whatever words he had meant to say had gotten stuck in his throat. Instead, Maxwell found himself tripping over his own feet and nearly piledriving Wilson into the ground.

Wilson ignored Maxwell's following as well as him trying to get his attention, Wilson wasn't interested at all. If things had been different, if he hadn't died as much as he had at that point he'd MAYBE give him a chance. That was definitely not true for right then however, and when he got tackled by Maxwell, he yelped in surprise.

He pushed Maxwell off him immediately and growled in frustration. "What do you want? Does it look like I can keep care of your sorry ass? Actually, why are you even here? To mess around with me some more? Good luck, I'm not listening." Wilson got up, wiping himself off.

The spindly man was basically crawling after the other by this point. Now was as good a time as any to say what he had wanted to say, even if he knew it may fall upon deaf ears. He began his statement again, the same way he had before.

"Wilson, friend... I'm sorry for everything. It was unfair of me to do those things to you, but we need to come to an agreement. You could do with a partner, could you not? The Constant is too vast for just one man to explore on his own."

"Who said we need to do anything together? Don't pull the dumb card on me, Maxwell. I can handle these woods just fine, and you know how? Dying to them as many times as I have." Wilson grumbled, he turned his head away from Maxwell so he didn't have to look at him.

"Answer my questions or I'll let the hounds get you. Then I'll consider bringing you with me." Wilson was tired of Maxwell's antics, but he wasn't a bad person so to push Maxwell completely off was... Hard. He just couldn't do that to anyone, even if they were the one to cause him to hurt. He decided that he'd compromise, better than nothing anyway.

Maxwell frowned slightly at this, but he supposed that the little man's hostility had solid reasoning behind it. After all, he had tortured Wilson beyond belief. The man brushed himself off once more, readjusting his earmuffs and then turning towards Wilson.

"That will do. What do you want to know?" Looking up to the sky, Max noted that this little interrogation was going to have to be short as it seemed the sun was beginning to sink beneath the horizon.

"What are you doing here? Are you pulling my leg or are you being serious?" Wilson seemed unfazed by the nearing of night, being able to make a fire as soon as he needed it. He just knew that he could easily just let Maxwell get killed by Charlie.

He waited calmly for Maxwell's answer, his face stern as he watched Maxwell for any signs of lying as that was the last thing he needed right then.

Maxwell heaved a heavy sigh; the error in his ways was finally becoming evident. It's all fun and games until you're at the mercy of the man you left to die several hundred times.

"I'm being serious, Wilson. Charlie overthrew me...quite literally, I suppose, and that's how I ended up back here. I believe that we're both stuck here now. The only option we have is to work together."

Well, that wasn't the only option they had, of course. But it was definitely the most favorable in Maxwell's opinion.

Wilson let out a sigh, he didn't have too much reason to doubt him. It wasn't Maxwell to beg, or to bother him as much as he already has. He decided he couldn't say no to the taller man anymore than he already had. He crossed his arms, looking to the side away from Maxwell. "Fine. Now let's get back to my base before night hits. Don't think I will trust you so easily though, this changes nothing." He told Maxwell as a warning, before turning and leading the way back to his camp. He hadn't gotten any of his daily tasks done, nor the task he had set for himself for that day. Which meant that he would be behind one day on everything else. He rubbed his eyes, his sanity had been draining way too fast for him to handle lately. So a little bit, it was nice to have Maxwell alongside him even if he may be more trouble than he's worth.

Wilson was certainly putting up a fight, but maybe...just maybe Maxwell could make this partnership work. From what he could tell, his newly found survival partner had it all; a campsite, a safe resting place, a reliable source of food. All his needs were met, except for his sanity.

As the two tread through the woods, Maxwell finally spoke up.

"Your sanity isn't fairing well is it, Wilson?"

"What does it matter to you?" Wilson growled, his eyes following the ground that he was walking on. He didn't want to admit that he wasn't doing well, he couldn't seem to settle his nerves. No matter what he did. He gave up trying to be tougher than he was rather fast. "Yeah... It isn't. But it's fine, it'll be fine." He said, mainly towards himself as they arrived at the campsite just in time for the sun to drop below the horizon. He put some wood in the fire and lit it quickly, not wanting to risk any second of wait.

Maxwell stayed silent as he followed Wilson back to his campsite. He wasn't exactly sure how to answer the man's question, as his motives weren't even clear to him. Why did he care so much about the other's well being? Was it because he had been there before? He pushed the thought to the back of his mind, he was far too tired to delve into his own brain at the moment.

Once the flickering flames of the fire had started to lap at the milky blackness falling over them, Max found a seat on a nearby log. "I'm sure my arrival has put you behind schedule, we should get to sleep so we can start playing catch up first thing tomorrow morning. "

"I don't suggest us both sleeping, it puts us at risk." Wilson answered once Maxwell had spoken, as much as he could go for a good rest. He knew that hounds could come and waking up to that would not bring him any comfort. He put his hand through his hair, his beard slowly coming in. Just in time for the winter which would be there in the next couple days.

"You can sleep, I'll keep watch." He rubbed his hands together, it really was getting cold out.

It was Maxwell who protested a bit this time.

"No. You go to sleep, I'll keep the fire going." He insisted, shooting Wilson a warning glance. "It'll be better if you sleep anyway. Your sanity is waning. I have a remedy for that, but we'll have to save that for tomorrow."

"Maxwell, I am not asking. I'm telling you, go to bed." Wilson was unwilling to stand down and leave his guard down so soon, who knew what Maxwell would do while he was sleeping. He couldn't help the suspicion that lay over his exhausted face. He rubbed his eyes and grumbled to himself. "Now do it."

((Sorry for the late reply, I've been a little busy lately. I'm sad to say but this plot didn't click as much as I thought it would and I've kind of lost interest. Again, Super sorry for the inconvenience!!))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back