Chitchat Coronavirus Buddies?

What kinds of things are you guys doing to pass the time? I'm catching up on some reading and artistic projects.
I just bought a Nintendo Switch and Smash Ultimate. I'm terrible at it since I've never really touched a fighting game or had much play with a controller, but I'm determined to muscle-memory my way to success. Besides that, a mix of watching anime and playing league- both with friends of course.

What artistic projects exactly?

BlackoutThieving BlackoutThieving
Oh man I love Smash games, it takes some getting used to but once you get the hang of it, it's so worth it. I might even order a switch soon so I can catch up and get the new animal crossing game.

I'm working on a few different digital pieces, some characters for a RP here and some posters/motion projects for finals.

I am a homebody in any life or moment or disease but I’m specifically not aloud contact with anyone because I’m Immune compromised and have a immune disease.

9A13.gif

When you're introverted to begin with.

tenor.gif

When you are long since already done with schooling, and you know how to build and weld stuff.

tumblr_pl4evhXpMS1vd3h2u_540.gif

When you already owned a variety of different masks, and a respirator tube mask from a cosplay from like seven years ago.

60c3283fec2a8e3765a8bb3308b05ba9.gif

Inb4 it becomes hyper Spanish flu, and here comes the military. Though I can literally walk to what appears to be an airforce base or something, in-between it and here being a bridge a train uses. Even if not, it isn't hard to GTFO from here regardless of what goes down, so lucky this.

Our government finally approved that we needed to activate our emergency plan, so they did it.
Yet, it seems like they have absolutely no idea about what's on top of the table. Our national health system is overloaded. It alwats was, but now with the whole coronavirus situation things are even worse.
20% of all infected people are doctors. Vets started supporting our health system by donating ventilators and by volunteering in human hospitals in order to help.

And on the meantime, most part of the people really don't care. Quarentine is not mandatory, so people took it as holidays and therefore just keep doing their lives as normal. I don't mean this in a good way. That means that people still go to the beach, they go out and gather around, even though shops, bars and restaurants are all closed.

School has been cancelled as well, with no reopening date settled. On 9th April the Parliament will meet in order to discuss the current situation on education.
I, as many other university and school students, am having online classes (as well as online tutoring classes, in order to redo my school exams), yet, the big problem with all of this is that the methods we use in order to communicate are not efficient, thus making it difficult in order to learn.
Depending on the course one could easily adapt to such classes. I study in laboratory and on anatomical theatres, I definitely need to be there in order to articulate the theoric part with the practical one.
Then, as not all schools started having classes online, some students are learning and others not, which is unfair, taking in consideration the final exams (the ones I'll redo). No one really knows how those exams are going to work. For now, they are still meant to be made in June, but it is unknown what will happen from now on in the education field.

In my own small town, however, people are respecting a lot the security measures (which surprises me). My family didn't buy many food and supplies for the next weeks. If we need something we go shopping, since fortunately we have a supermarket nearby. Yet, we try to reduce the time we spend there and we are careful about the measures we take when on the street and/or shopping. Aside from that, we only go outside in order to walk our dog and because of the bin.
As an introvert, this whole quarentine thing hasn't affected me at all. Surely, I like to travel, but right now I prefer to be safe rather than risk myself.
There is still a shortage of toilet paper, however.
One thing that bothers me however is to see people using masks and gloves in the wrong way, which can actually be dangerous for everyone's health.

In fact, the situation here is getting similar to the one in Spain, for example. Not as severe, but it has the potential to become such. And unfortunately, counting on my people and on our government, I must accept Murphy's Law in this case.
But we must not panic. Coronavirus is dangerous, more dangerous than a regular flu, yes. If we don't panic and take the right precautions things won't be as devastating as they can be. Let's flattening the curve! Stay safe and take care! 💜

Also, don't be like me, who risked her life for 3 croquettes: I just had finishing my grocery shopping and I went to the car right after getting out of the supermarket. Hunger (or better, gluttony...) kicked in and I just had 3 croquettes, forgetting to wash my hands first 👀 I'm the perfect example of what you shouldn't do! If I get infected, it will be the stupidest infection ever 👀
Stay safe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back