Chitchat Coronavirus Buddies?

Roleplay Type(s)
So, anyone else not going to school, work, etc?

Personally, I’m not going to school for a month so I have plenty of time on my hands (aside from schoolwork).

I don’t know what this really is. Just somewhere where people can talk about what they’re experiencing, if they’re bored...Idk.

Anyways, positivity please, not negativity.

Yup, everything is closed for at least a month over here as well. It's really weird, we can only leave the house if it's for basic survival stuff like going to the doctor or to the supermarket. Everything else is currently in lockdown.
Weird times...
Stay safe folks, hopefully things will get better somehow!

Yup, everything is closed for at least a month over here as well. It's really weird, we can only leave the house if it's for basic survival stuff like going to the doctor or to the supermarket. Everything else is currently in lockdown.
Weird times...
Stay safe folks, hopefully things will get better somehow!

Wow. I think we’re pretty close to that point here. Hopefully everything will get better! Stay safe!

Yes, we are in quarantine over here in Mississippi! Even my dad can't go to work, he has to work at home. And, not only that, we have stocked up on supplies for months to come. I hope things will get better and we can ride this out, stay safe and bring lots of sanitizer!

Oh goodness. Noting like that has happened over here on the east coast I believe. Schools are being closed for about two weeks but there has been nothing about closing up jobs and stuff.

Yes, we are in quarantine over here in Mississippi! Even my dad can't go to work, he has to work at home. And, not only that, we have stocked up on supplies for months to come. I hope things will get better and we can ride this out, stay safe and bring lots of sanitizer!

Yup, my parents started stocking up on stuff too. Stay safe!

I still do not understand the hysteria on hoarding toilet paper, of all things... just went out for groceries because, well, payday. Was extremely difficult to find the most basic of necessities except for cat food. I thankfully have two bottles of soap on me and nabbed a lil sanitizer guy from a gas station. (I found toilet paper, but don't wanna say where I found it so others don't go and take all of that unnecessarily too)

All colleges in my area as well as most county schools are closed till next month. We were also told that all dorm students had to leave asap before spring break. I feel bad for our international students who cannot go anywhere if my uni does not allow them to stay. As for jobs and etc., I haven't heard anything. Well, no closings at least. Apartment complexes and some jobs are restricting public functions and any meet-and-greets (my friend said their complex announced that no one is allowed in the leasing office until further notice).

My school just got out for 3 weeks, but there's a chance that it might be extended to the point where we might not have the rest of the school year. West Virginia, one of my neighboring states, just called off school indefinitely. They don't have a plan of when school will begin again. Some of their universities had closed indefinitely beforehand. All of this was just announced over the last two days.

We just received 10-12 days worth of work to do during that time. It's funny because I feel like I can never win at finally getting myself in Driver's Ed. First 9 weeks, I was too young to attend classes. Second, I had a death in the family so I couldn't go. Third, there was some confusion between my parents that caused me to miss the deadline to attend. The final session was the one I managed to get in, and I was supposed to start Monday. We managed to speak with AAA today, they hope to let me resume classes when and if we get back to school. We may have to attend classes somewhere else either than in school.

We have a larger family, so getting groceries was harder now thanks to the panic. I am currently visiting my mother, who just lives with my half-brother so it's much smaller. Even then, we just got groceries today and we just struggled to get the food we needed because many of the shelves were empty, especially toiletries and foods like ramen. Though I didn't attend with my other parents with their recent round of groceries, I imagine it was even harder than my mother's time considering that their family is larger. I did notice that my parents got fewer groceries than usual but I don't know if it was because of the shortages in my area. I might ask them, but I thought I remembered my father complaining at one point about not having enough paper towels.

We had a bad flu season this year. Not only that, but it seems like we've been suffering from a wide range of sicknesses over the number of months. Right now, one of my half-sisters are vomiting with a fever, and the other had a fever some time ago but is doing better. My step-mother's asthma has been the worst in years. I got an unusually bad cold and continued to suffer thanks to the absurd temperature changes. Most of this was before the panic regarding the virus. Overall, we're just tired. I'm tired of getting sick.

But, I'm not too worried about the virus specifically. My family has already adjusted washing their hands more and more, thanks to our already prominent sickness in the house. We managed to buy hand sanitizers and surgical masks to give to our grandparents. We already stockpiled some soap. I'm more worried about countries, specifically China, and what they might do to their people. We aren't really sure what to expect.

All I wanna tell you is wash your hands a LOT. Washing with soap and water is best, but sanitizers are good too. Wash your hands every time you touch a commonly used object like a doorknob or a phone. Disinfect those, we disinfected the entire house TWICE. Walls, railings to the stairs, everything. Don't touch your face with dirty hands, especially your nose, eyes, and mouth. Cover your mouth when you cough. Stay away from large groups... Really standard stuff. Just stay clean, please!

My school is moving all classes online and my governor declared a state of emergency so all events over 250 people are shut down state-wide. I've taken a serious hit to my motivation to study :-( but I'm going to go home for an extra week after spring break just to get away and relax with my family for a bit! Thankfully my family is really young so I don't have to worry about being a serious risk to anyone there! I am a little nervous to fly back on a plane though, I just think I will feel really icky the entire time. This is an emotional roller coaster.

I still do not understand the hysteria on hoarding toilet paper, of all things... just went out for groceries because, well, payday. Was extremely difficult to find the most basic of necessities except for cat food. I thankfully have two bottles of soap on me and nabbed a lil sanitizer guy from a gas station. (I found toilet paper, but don't wanna say where I found it so others don't go and take all of that unnecessarily too)

All colleges in my area as well as most county schools are closed till next month. We were also told that all dorm students had to leave asap before spring break. I feel bad for our international students who cannot go anywhere if my uni does not allow them to stay. As for jobs and etc., I haven't heard anything. Well, no closings at least. Apartment complexes and some jobs are restricting public functions and any meet-and-greets (my friend said their complex announced that no one is allowed in the leasing office until further notice).

I’m not really sure why everyone’s freaking out about toilet paper either. I didn’t even realize all the international students. Stay safe!

My school just got out for 3 weeks, but there's a chance that it might be extended to the point where we might not have the rest of the school year. West Virginia, one of my neighboring states, just called off school indefinitely. They don't have a plan of when school will begin again. Some of their universities had closed indefinitely beforehand. All of this was just announced over the last two days.

We just received 10-12 days worth of work to do during that time. It's funny because I feel like I can never win at finally getting myself in Driver's Ed. First 9 weeks, I was too young to attend classes. Second, I had a death in the family so I couldn't go. Third, there was some confusion between my parents that caused me to miss the deadline to attend. The final session was the one I managed to get in, and I was supposed to start Monday. We managed to speak with AAA today, they hope to let me resume classes when and if we get back to school. We may have to attend classes somewhere else either than in school.

We have a larger family, so getting groceries was harder now thanks to the panic. I am currently visiting my mother, who just lives with my half-brother so it's much smaller. Even then, we just got groceries today and we just struggled to get the food we needed because many of the shelves were empty, especially toiletries and foods like ramen. Though I didn't attend with my other parents with their recent round of groceries, I imagine it was even harder than my mother's time considering that their family is larger. I did notice that my parents got fewer groceries than usual but I don't know if it was because of the shortages in my area. I might ask them, but I thought I remembered my father complaining at one point about not having enough paper towels.

We had a bad flu season this year. Not only that, but it seems like we've been suffering from a wide range of sicknesses over the number of months. Right now, one of my half-sisters are vomiting with a fever, and the other had a fever some time ago but is doing better. My step-mother's asthma has been the worst in years. I got an unusually bad cold and continued to suffer thanks to the absurd temperature changes. Most of this was before the panic regarding the virus. Overall, we're just tired. I'm tired of getting sick.

But, I'm not too worried about the virus specifically. My family has already adjusted washing their hands more and more, thanks to our already prominent sickness in the house. We managed to buy hand sanitizers and surgical masks to give to our grandparents. We already stockpiled some soap. I'm more worried about countries, specifically China, and what they might do to their people. We aren't really sure what to expect.

All I wanna tell you is wash your hands a LOT. Washing with soap and water is best, but sanitizers are good too. Wash your hands every time you touch a commonly used object like a doorknob or a phone. Disinfect those, we disinfected the entire house TWICE. Walls, railings to the stairs, everything. Don't touch your face with dirty hands, especially your nose, eyes, and mouth. Cover your mouth when you cough. Stay away from large groups... Really standard stuff. Just stay clean, please!
Wow, I didn’t know some stuff was closing indefinitely. Hoping you and your family stay safe!

My school is moving all classes online and my governor declared a state of emergency so all events over 250 people are shut down state-wide. I've taken a serious hit to my motivation to study :-( but I'm going to go home for an extra week after spring break just to get away and relax with my family for a bit! Thankfully my family is really young so I don't have to worry about being a serious risk to anyone there! I am a little nervous to fly back on a plane though, I just think I will feel really icky the entire time. This is an emotional roller coaster.
Emotional roller coaster is a mood. My governor declared it a state of emergency too. Stay safe!

Lockdown in the Philippines as well. At least, here in Manila where a lot of cases are recorded.

Capital suspended all classes so students have to take online school in order to keep up. Work seems to depend on the company's discretion and what ordinance the city establishes. Ours is under lockdown so we'll probably be working at home for at least one month, according to my boss. We have enough tasks to tide us over but productivity will probably be low during that time.

There's rampant hoarding of sanitary supplies, especially isopropyl alcohol. I can't find a bottle to buy anywhere. Fortunately, people seem to overlook basic soap so there's plenty of those to go around. Lines for groceries could easily take hours.

Government mobilized police and military forces to enforce quarantine. Not that they can arrest people violating it, apparently. They can only check the IDs. Health budget was cut by literal billions and there aren't enough health workers or testing kits to go around.

Still, cases here are still low but some estimates say that it might be due to underreporting. So stay safe everyone.

Currently on spring break and they ended up extending it by a week + possibility of moving all classes online. Since my internship is linked with the school I’m also out of work until my university reopens 😔

Lockdown in the Philippines as well. At least, here in Manila where a lot of cases are recorded.

Capital suspended all classes so students have to take online school in order to keep up. Work seems to depend on the company's discretion and what ordinance the city establishes. Ours is under lockdown so we'll probably be working at home for at least one month, according to my boss. We have enough tasks to tide us over but productivity will probably be low during that time.

There's rampant hoarding of sanitary supplies, especially isopropyl alcohol. I can't find a bottle to buy anywhere. Fortunately, people seem to overlook basic soap so there's plenty of those to go around. Lines for groceries could easily take hours.

Government mobilized police and military forces to enforce quarantine. Not that they can arrest people violating it, apparently. They can only check the IDs. Health budget was cut by literal billions and there aren't enough health workers or testing kits to go around.

Still, cases here are still low but some estimates say that it might be due to underreporting. So stay safe everyone.
In my city we’re out of soap as well as most other sanitary supplies. Stay safe!

Currently on spring break and they ended up extending it by a week + possibility of moving all classes online. Since my internship is linked with the school I’m also out of work until my university reopens 😔
Yup, same thing happened with my school and spring break. Hopefully everything will reopen soon. Stay safe!

It's all crazy.

The UK are just remaining with our grand old Keep Calm and Carry On moto.

So at the bottom of the hill is one of Europes largest distributors and manufacturers of.. Toliet roll... And at the top of the hill the toliet roll is non existent in shops!

I think I am a little worried, more so that my parents may get it than me, but I am trying to remain positive and hopeful and just take each day as it comes. But me and a friend are going on holiday down south next week-will be taking dry food in case the shops are shut, but hopefully that is unlikely. And if we are all told to stay in doora I will loose so much money as my two jobs are hosting/customer services. Yay.

It's all crazy.

The UK are just remaining with our grand old Keep Calm and Carry On moto.

So at the bottom of the hill is one of Europes largest distributors and manufacturers of.. Toliet roll... And at the top of the hill the toliet roll is non existent in shops!

I think I am a little worried, more so that my parents may get it than me, but I am trying to remain positive and hopeful and just take each day as it comes. But me and a friend are going on holiday down south next week-will be taking dry food in case the shops are shut, but hopefully that is unlikely. And if we are all told to stay in doora I will loose so much money as my two jobs are hosting/customer services. Yay.
Keep Calm and Carry on is such a good motto, especially now. Stay safe!

I live in King County WA, I'm pretty nervous and believe it's going to get bad here pretty quickly.

I've been staying at home and stopped going to school a few days before someone at my school tested positive (yikes???). My school is postponed until at least late April, but I have a gut feeling the entire spring quarter is going to be remote. A lot of my friends/classmates who were still going out to bars and going about their business as usual are finally starting to wake up to what's happening. I'm really grateful for that. I'm trying my best to stay positive/active as I can cooped up in an apartment, and make a point of checking in on friends to make sure they're doing okay.

I got freaked out over a month ago and started slowly buying supplies. I have enough food for a while, so the best thing I can do at this point is hunker down and fight off the boredom.

I live in King County WA, I'm pretty nervous and believe it's going to get bad here pretty quickly.

I've been staying at home and stopped going to school a few days before someone at my school tested positive (yikes???). My school is postponed until at least late April, but I have a gut feeling the entire spring quarter is going to be remote. A lot of my friends/classmates who were still going out to bars and going about their business as usual are finally starting to wake up to what's happening. I'm really grateful for that. I'm trying my best to stay positive/active as I can cooped up in an apartment, and make a point of checking in on friends to make sure they're doing okay.

I got freaked out over a month ago and started slowly buying supplies. I have enough food for a while, so the best thing I can do at this point is hunker down and fight off the boredom.
Eek, nobody at my school has tested positive yet (at least not to my knowledge). It’s good that you got enough supplies. Stay safe!

Yeah, people hoarded a lot the first two days but luckily my family buys necessities like canned goods and toilet paper in bulk when it’s on sale. Unfortunately we ran out of Nutritional yeast (I think that’s what it’s called in english) the day before the danish prime minister announced all educational facilities closed so we were stuck making sourdough bread, which is kind of wack. Luckily we researched and found a reliable way to make puffy sourdough bread. As I type this I realize it’s pretty stereotypical that my only worry as a Dane is the quality of my daily bread, rather than getting sick or someone I know dying. It would suck if my grandma got afflicted, seeing as she’s my only grandparent left and her chances of survival are somewhat slimmer than most. You can’t really worry about something you can’t prevent though so I’ll just chill and do my homework and assignments while playing league I guess. Stay safe.

I'm not going to school for three weeks giving that spring break is just around the corner. I still have to do schoolwork at home though (also known as e-learning) but this will be the last week for this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back