Cooking With Class (ft. Chikage and Felicita)

Danoram

probaly...

Scenario: Chikage and Felicita pair up in Home Ec.

Time: Sometime last year

Chikage's first instinct when it came to partnering up in Home Ec. was always to skip class. He didn't like the idea of having to, you know, cook alongside another man... but today... Today was different. Luck was on his side. The Gods had cast down their blessings in order for he and his beloved second to be partnered together on this fateful day. How could he ever skip out on an opportunity such as this?! Well, my friend... he couldn't. There's just no way. Standing beside the Middlemist Camellia, herself, Chikage grinned cheerfully. In his hand, he held a book of recipes, in which they were allowed to choose one of the three that had been bookmarked to cook. Of course, being as he is, he decided to let Felicita choose, "Nah~ Felicita, love. Which of the three pique your interest most?" He asked while casually sliding the book towards her. 

@theglassangel

Felicita hated Home Ec. and she hated cooking and sewing. Everything about this, she hated. But the redhead wasn't one to merely skip class or even slack off. Luckily, she was partnered up with Chikage. Hopefully, his cooking skills would help to bring her grade up even a little bit. Besides, no matter how much she tried, Felicita was never able to make anything without it tasting bland and just utterly uninteresting. "Hm. The soup sounds rather simple. Is that alright with you?" She asked, looking at the pictures. It was just vegetables with broth and water. How bad could it possibly be?

Chikage grinned at Felicita's choice. He nodded, "If that's what you want, then absolutely~" A light wink was given before he stepped around their counter and moved to the front of the class, where ingredients had been laid out for each individual recipe. The vegetables weren't canned, unfortunately, which meant they'd have to cut them themselves, but Chikage didn't mind at all. He, at first, expected that Felicita would choose the dessert to cook, but that ended up not being the case. After grabbing a can of chicken broth and tomato vegetable-juice, he put them in one of the small, but fancy, grocery bags that had been laid out in order to give the students a feel of buying groceries. It was kind of funny in Chikage's mind. He felt like a typical father-like character for some reason. Along with those two cans, Chikage also grabbed the needed vegetables for their soup, then returned to Felicita with a smile, setting the bag down on their counter. "So, do you not like sweets, Felicita?" He asked while kneeling down to get a measuring cup from beneath the said counter, casually sliding the door open while staring up at the beauty beside him.

@theglassangel

Felicita nodded, feeling rather neutral to his show of affection. She became quite used to all the winks and hugs and overattentiveness that she didn't swoon like the other girls did. Not that she was even the type to. Fel fancied herself as someone that was logical and calm under pressure. The redhead hated when the vegetables weren't canned. That meant that there was more potential for her to royally screw up this dish. Felicita studied the recipe carefully and waited for Chikage to return. "Thank you." Felicita said, grabbing some of the vegetables. "I can cut them if you'll prepare the base."

Grabbing a knife, the girl twirled it around almost effortlessly, weaving it around her fingers without ever grazing the steel. It was easy to hit enemies with such a weapon, but why was cutting vegetables and making them taste delicious so difficult? Watching him get a measuring cup from the counter, Felicita decided to do her own part with chopping. "No. Nor do I trust myself with making sweets. If you wanted to make a cupcake, we can try that. Do you have a sweet tooth?"

Chikage has always been pretty good at cooking. It fits in some ways with his personality, and in other ways... not so much. Living with his grandfather, who can't even cook instant ramen to save his life meant something needed to be done, so he was forced to learn unless he wanted to eat out every day of his life, but that was sometimes a pain unless accompanied by a woman. At Felicita's thanks, he chuckled and nodded, gaze momentarily studying her hands as they gathered some of the vegetables he'd brought over. He suddenly felt all giddy inside. Like he wanted to wrap her into a tight hug and just crush every bone in her body, because he could definitely do that... but that's not really what he... no. 

The way Fel twirled the knife so effortlessly in her hands was impressive, but rather than staring in awe, Chikage gave a cheeky grin. It was cute. She was cute. He listened to her speak while searching around in the cabinet for the desired measuring cup, and also brought out a decent-sized stock pot for them to put everything in. "Oh?... No, it's fine. Vegetable soup works with me." Chikage laughed. He placed the pot on their stove, but didn't turn it on, twisting the said pot a little to better situate it in place. "I don't think I do... I enjoy those small marshmallows often sold come Easter, though." Reaching into the small grocery bag, he pulled out the rest of what was in it, then balled the plastic up and threw it away. Hopefully it wasn't something they were supposed to recycle. The leader's gaze focused towards the ceiling for a moment as he pondered, speaking his thoughts aloud, "What are they called?... They're shaped like little birds. Felicita, do you know?" He asked. 

@theglassangel

Felicita nodded, grabbing a cutting board from the front of the class and started chopping away at some carrotsl. In fact, she was focusing much harder than what was normal. Overthinking every single little cut, she even internally measured how thick each individual slice would be. And that was exactly 0.5 cm each along the carrot. Slowly scooping the slices with her knife, she dumped them in to the best of her abilities. If you need a girl that can overthink cutting vegetables, just ask Fel. Taking a deep breath in and out, she turned to Chikage. "Hmm... I think they are called Peeps. I think they aren't the most... aesthetically pleasing as the rabbit ones." She thought for a moment. "Though, I'm not a fan of holidays. I never seem to know what to do. I suppose you find eggs and chocolate? Do you enjoy that, Chikage?" Felicita asked.

Chikage couldn't bring himself to stop grinning at this point. It wasn't the most blatant of smiles, but if he didn't watch, his mouth would start to twitch any time now. He started on opening both the can of chicken broth and the can of tomato-vegetable juice as Felicita did her own thing, which was cut up carrots. She was doing a really fine job at that, too. Or so Chikage thought. Through the corner of his eye, he could tell just how precise she was being with each given carrot slice. It was cute. Then again, it seems as though everything she does is deemed cute in his mind. That's cute in itself, too, though. As the girl spoke, Chikage frequently took glances at her to show he was listening. He slowly poured, into the stock-pot, the chicken broth he'd just opened, and after that came the juice. The way Fel's carrot slices became enveloped by the two liquids was quite pleasing to watch.

Chikage grew distracted by the scene until Felicita turned to him with an answer to his question, in which he faced her back. For some reason, his mind had been trying to tell him that the little Easter treats were called Teeters, so when she referred to them as Peeps, he let out a small chuckle and bounced his finger at the girl before turning his attention, still listening, to the measuring cup. Chikage filled the cup up with water and poured it into the pot. "Is that so?" he spoke during her moment of thought. Then, when she finished talking again, he added in, "I enjoy them- Well, holidays, I mean. Though, I've never participated in an egg hunt of any sort. In truth... I only see them as an excuse to celebrate." Brown eyes scanned the counter for a moment, then Chikage pointed at Fel's work-space, "Would you like me to help cut?" he offered with a cocked brow. 

@theglassangel

Fel nodded, seeming to be dazed with the next challenge, the potato. With the kitchen knife at hand, she mentally prepared herself. This was going to be the best pot of stew the teacher will ever taste. Twirling the knife again idly she looked up to the boy curiously. "Oh really? Celebrations... I don't think I have those very often." Felicita shrugged. When Chikage offered to cut the vegetables, the redhead protectively covered over the cutting board. "N-No! You've done enough already. It won't be a team effort if you do all of it." Truthfully, she just wanted her glory of doing something right. Fel was just overly proud that way.

She stared at the sharp tip of the knife. Making a swift cut along the skin both horizontally and vertically, the skin came off in four neat sheets. This time, instead of going for 0.5cm, she decided to go for 0.7cm for the potatoes. Felicita dutifully worked on perfecting each cut as she handed the slices to Chikage rather proudly. "I hope these are satisfactory."

Chikage flinched a little at Felicita's reaction to him offering to help cut vegetables. He appeared somewhat surprised for a moment, but then his lips pursed a little and he looked as though about to laugh. This girl was just too cute. "...I suppose you're right... I'll just watch," he chuckled lightly while gathering up the two empty cans of tomato-vegetable juice and chicken broth to throw away. Then instead of talking, he waited and observed as Felicita cut up some potatoes - once again, like the carrots, her slices all came out the same, perfectly. When she was finished, Chikage took them and dropped them into the pot with a gentle smile and nod of the head at her words, "They're great," he complimented. With two hands to the girl's shoulders, he stepped around her and noted what vegetables they had left; just tomatoes and celery. The corn and green beans were canned, but he hadn't brought them over yet because he didn't want to crowd their work-space. "I should go get the corn and green beans, no?..." After a brief paused, Chikage leaned on the table and peered with a furrowed brow down at the girl, "Felicita, love, when is your birthday?" 

@theglassangel

Felicita blushed and averted her eyes. It wasn't in her to accept compliments or even receive them due to being in such a cold, professional living environment, it was strange that anyone would even showcase emotions. "Thank you, Chikage." She decided to get them herself and sat down next to him. "I-It's fine." Putting the specific amounts into the soup after opening them exactly with the opener, she looked up to him. "January 7th. Capricorn." It must be one of those schemes where he went home and checked if her sign and his were compatible. Not that she minded. Pseudoscience didn't necessarily trigger a skeptic like herself, but Fel did think it was interesting to see so many people believing.

"I find astrology to be fascinating, to think that stars dictate your personality. I've read that stars change positions every year or so, therefore the dates and such change every year. I might not have been in the star of Capricorn when I was born... but according to astrology, I am?" Felicita added, almost ponderously. She liked to read a lot of informative non-fiction, and ended up with a lot of useless, but still interesting information in her head. Getting her hands on a wooden spoon, she stirred away. "When is your birthday?"

Chikage nodded lightly at Fel's thanks, then blinked in confusion as she walked off, returning after a brief moment with the corn and green beans he'd mentioned needing. Even now, he just wanted to wrap his arms around her and never let go. When the girl stated her birthday, he casually leaned on the counter with an elbow, holding his head up with that same hand, as well, "Heeh~?" In all honesty, he wasn't necessarily thinking on the whole 'compatibility' aspect of the zodiacs, but more so which flower represented her date of birth. Chikage, as you already know, has a thing for flowers. In Felicita's case, it was a Carnation. "It fits you," he stated cheerfully, growing silent to listen as she spoke from there about astrology and whatnot - a subject Chikage knew about only through school rather than through his own interest. "August 21st... So you're interested in astrology, I see. I know what the signs, themselves are... Uh, the zodiacs, but I don't remember the dates that decide what you are." He answered her question with a smile, not really knowing what his own zodiac sign was, then glanced over at the stove eye - the one which their pot was on. He questioned whether or not it was ready to cook yet. Since he didn't do much, he didn't know if she'd finished everything up, but so as to make sure, he pointed and tilted his head, "Ah~ Felicita. Is it ready to cook? Would you like me to turn the stove on?" 

@theglassangel

Felicita thought about his birthday. "That would make you a Leo..." She gave him a small smile. "I think that suits you. Confident and generous." The redhead thought that Capricorn suited her too, organized, efficient and intelligent. Deciding that Chikage could put it on the stove, Fel nodded. "Yes, I believe it is ready." She stated proudly, smiling inwardly. Though she wasn't sure if Capricorn and Leo would be compatibility. Did it really matter? It was pseudoscience and it would just be atrocious to believe such things... but it was oddly pleasant to think of that. "Chikage..." Trying to think of ways she could possibly continue on the conversation, she sighed. "Do you have any tips on how to socialize?" Fel asked, matter of factly, tilting her head to the side. She really could use the tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back