Conversation [NG]

Hey, thanks so much! And my bad, I thought it was more like a... pending area? And then if it was approved I would move him, haha. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, thanks so much! And my bad, I thought it was more like a... pending area? And then if it was approved I would move him, haha. 

@FreckledWizard Always glad to meet another new face! I saw your CS psst... I really like it

One thing: Brigade should be posted in the Blue Dragons thread. The Character Sign Up Sheet thread was actually the old one before the update ^^; We should have locked it or something, but SirBlaze is pretty busy at the moment. 

lmao, i can lock it since i got co-gm privileges (i forgot i had that amount of power due to being dead for a while XD)

nah, it's not a pending thing. you just kind of post your characters on the appropriate thread, introduce yourself on ooc and say all your characters are done. then rpers can vote if you should join or not.

if i'm not mistaken, we have a stricter acceptance rules, and in order to consider you for voting, you have to have rped with someone here before so they can vouch for you. i'm not sure if this has been explicitly stated as part of the rules but we've discussed this before. ^^;;

if i'm not mistaken, we have a stricter acceptance rules, and in order to consider you for voting, you have to have rped with someone here before so they can vouch for you. i'm not sure if this has been explicitly stated as part of the rules but we've discussed this before. ^^;;

Wait, is that true? I always thought that that was a point we considered, not a specific requirement. I get that it's supposed to act as a filter for flakes, but that seems to restrict our group RPing circle considerably :(

lmao, i can lock it since i got co-gm privileges (i forgot i had that amount of power due to being dead for a while XD)

nah, it's not a pending thing. you just kind of post your characters on the appropriate thread, introduce yourself on ooc and say all your characters are done. then rpers can vote if you should join or not.

Well hey! I'm finished and ready to move to voting (one character to start feels safe), and I actually went through that part already (without knowing). @Corgi and I have been RPing together for quite sometime now. We're in a detailed anime zombie RP named Calamity. I've def been in contact with Blaze as far as this process has gone, and he approved my CS before I put it up. 

I'MMA VOUCHER!

FRECK FRACK IS AN INCREDIBLE WRITER AND AN AWESOME PERSON IN GENERAL! HE POSTS ON TIME (MOSTLY CAUSE HE UNDERSTANDS HOW IT FEELS TO HAVE PEOPLE NOT POST FOR A ROLEPLAY SINCE HE GM'S SOME TOO) AND I KNOW ALL IF NOT ALMOST EVERYONE IN THIS ROLEPLAY ON A LITTLE MORE OF A PERSONAL LEVEL AND I'M PRETTY POSITIVE YOU ALL WITH LIKE HIM C:  

So I do hope you all vote yes to him entering :P

@NyxNightmare @BlueInPassing @Danoram @RubyRose @theglassangel @Leaf Fi  @SirBlazeALot @FreckledWizard

<3  

Wait, is that true? I always thought that that was a point we considered, not a specific requirement. I get that it's supposed to act as a filter for flakes, but that seems to restrict our group RPing circle considerably :(

Well hey! I'm finished and ready to move to voting (one character to start feels safe), and I actually went through that part already (without knowing). @Corgi and I have been RPing together for quite sometime now. We're in a detailed anime zombie RP named Calamity. I've def been in contact with Blaze as far as this process has gone, and he approved my CS before I put it up. 

I'MMA VOUCHER!

FRECK FRACK IS AN INCREDIBLE WRITER AND AN AWESOME PERSON IN GENERAL! HE POSTS ON TIME (MOSTLY CAUSE HE UNDERSTANDS HOW IT FEELS TO HAVE PEOPLE NOT POST FOR A ROLEPLAY SINCE HE GM'S SOME TOO) AND I KNOW ALL IF NOT ALMOST EVERYONE IN THIS ROLEPLAY ON A LITTLE MORE OF A PERSONAL LEVEL AND I'M PRETTY POSITIVE YOU ALL WITH LIKE HIM C:  

So I do hope you all vote yes to him entering :P

@NyxNightmare @BlueInPassing @Danoram @RubyRose @theglassangel @Leaf Fi  @SirBlazeALot @FreckledWizard

<3  

Yeah I'm not 100% on that lil policy yet guys, don't worry about it. Corgi vouching for Wiz definitely eased my concern about getting another flake so it does go a long way.

But at the end of the day, who knows. I've had people vouch for new players before I was even considering making it a requirement and they still turned out to be flakes. Ya just never know. 

Yeah I'm not 100% on that lil policy yet guys, don't worry about it. Corgi vouching for Wiz definitely eased my concern about getting another flake so it does go a long way.

But at the end of the day, who knows. I've had people vouch for new players before I was even considering making it a requirement and they still turned out to be flakes. Ya just never know. 

3b94ff151bb839d1326488fe38c059ac.jpg

i know how u feel. there is no great system for weeding out people who are gonna leave (have had to kick two people from my own RP for it). However, with corgi's vouch, the extensive reading I have done, and my good record of post history; I hope it is enough to convince you guys that it won't be an issue. I'm really looking forward to the chance to RP with everyone, and hope I fall somewhat favorably in your minds. 

I'm really into Haikyuu!! And I read a fanfiction with Yamaguchi as a wizard.

tumblr_o1udxcqWgZ1uu6jhzo1_500.png

Its always fanfiction.......lol. But omg I just looked the anime up and now I know who this girl cosplayed as. I went to an anime convention last week and this girl just runs up and hugs me but I didn't know who she was cosplaying as. Now I know it was Hinata from Haikyuu XD So thank you for indirectly easing my conscience, it was bothering me ever since.   

Its always fanfiction.......lol. But omg I just looked the anime up and now I know who this girl cosplayed as. I went to an anime convention last week and this girl just runs up and hugs me but I didn't know who she was cosplaying as. Now I know it was Hinata from Haikyuu XD So thank you for indirectly easing my conscience, it was bothering me ever since.   

Haha, yeah, fanficiton and common objects that someone suddenly spotted are good sources for usernames. It is good to know! Like, um: Nixon, Tara and Steph all have Faceclaims from Haikyuu!! too. (part of the reason I was drawn 2 look further into this, lol)

Haha, yeah, fanficiton and common objects that someone suddenly spotted are good sources for usernames. It is good to know! Like, um: Nixon, Tara and Steph all have Faceclaims from Haikyuu!! too. (part of the reason I was drawn 2 look further into this, lol)

Don't forget Brax xD I love Haikyuu

Also, sorry that I didn't own up to my word this week guys... I only managed two posts. My next day off of work is Tuesday, so I'll try to have some posts out by then. As far as the time I have off before going into work, I need to study for my ACTs. I'll mainly be writing on my days off. Every Thursday is when I get my new schedule, so I'll try to let you all know when those days are every week. Don't be surprised if I end up feeling generous and post during a workday lmao. 

This week I've got:

Saturday (4pm to 8pm)

Sunday (5:30pm to Close)

Monday (2pm to Close)

Tuesday (Off)

Wednesday (4pm to Close)

Thursday (2pm to Close)

Friday (Off)

Btw... close is 12:45am and sometimes my days off are filled with me running to town and back, and sometimes not even being home for the majority of the day like today... I just got home at 1:20 this morning. 

@SirBlazeALot @theglassangel @Corgi @Leaf Fi @RubyRose @NyxNightmare @FreckledWizard @BlueInPassing @And anyone else I missed.

@SirBlazeALot @theglassangel  @Corgi @Leaf Fi @BlueInPassing (Blue I had to type your name four times before it let me tag you -__-) @RubyRose @Danoram

Uhm...yeah I kind of don't want to just skip ahead without the members that are on a little hiatus (Mostly because there are a lot of cool scenes involving everyone. And I think there are too many to just do a time skip and rapid fire them at a later time or whatever). I plan on posting once for Darin. But after that I'm pretty much at the point where time stops XD It's just my opinion, but I think putting things on hold for a bit and maybe some rapid fires in the meantime is best, maybe do some rapid fires with characters we haven't implemented yet to get a feel for them? I do really love this rp, and it's definitely all you guys that make it what it is <3  I don't want this rp to die, it is the longest I have ever been in before and I don't for one moment regret having the honor to join. 

AND WELCOME WIZ!!! IT'S SUPER EXCITING TO HAVE YOU! @FreckledWizard

8194d9f02102d6b578a48c0ea0829f11ce3ed906_hq.gif

Uhmm, okay not going to lie, my heart is having major issues right now. I definitely didn't want to see those things said Blaze, but I somehow knew it was coming up. This is my favorite rp and I don't want to see it perish. At the same time, part of me feels like we are losing part of our family when I imagine certain members being forever gone. 

But at the same time, I can be hopeful this rp can make it. I know we would have to change a few things, but I don't think it is something we are unaccustomed to, given we have lost some players before in this rp. I am willing to pull through. I still feel like this rp has potential, and I am all for pushing on. Even if half of us leave, there is still half of us left. But I really want to hear everyone's thoughts. Because really, like Blaze said, after this rp has been going on for this long it really has been put into our hands. I didn't tag angel, leaf, or corgi because i imagine they are going to be out due to their busy lives (happens to the best of us). Though corgi was posting a bit i thought. I feel like there are still a lot of hilarious moments waiting to happen in this rp. 

This almost feels like a break up, which i hope it doesn't turn out that way! Lemmie know what you guys are thinking~ I love you all~

@RubyRose @BlueInPassing @SirBlazeALot @Danoram

Uhmm, okay not going to lie, my heart is having major issues right now. I definitely didn't want to see those things said Blaze, but I somehow knew it was coming up. This is my favorite rp and I don't want to see it perish. At the same time, part of me feels like we are losing part of our family when I imagine certain members being forever gone. 

But at the same time, I can be hopeful this rp can make it. I know we would have to change a few things, but I don't think it is something we are unaccustomed to, given we have lost some players before in this rp. I am willing to pull through. I still feel like this rp has potential, and I am all for pushing on. Even if half of us leave, there is still half of us left. But I really want to hear everyone's thoughts. Because really, like Blaze said, after this rp has been going on for this long it really has been put into our hands. I didn't tag angel, leaf, or corgi because i imagine they are going to be out due to their busy lives (happens to the best of us). Though corgi was posting a bit i thought. I feel like there are still a lot of hilarious moments waiting to happen in this rp. 

This almost feels like a break up, which i hope it doesn't turn out that way! Lemmie know what you guys are thinking~ I love you all~

@RubyRose @BlueInPassing @SirBlazeALot @Danoram

I so feel you on this feeling like a breakup. My feels rn are just. Imma need some time to get over PGZA and Yuri Bros. Fucking PGZA ending on a cliffhanger though T_T

But I too think it's possible to save this RP. And maybe the members we're losing don't have to be forever gone, ya know? I know they're all usually more free in the summer so I figured it would still be okay for those guys to participate in Rapid Fires you know?

I was on the fence about this, and I wanted to see what some of the older members had to say. I'm officially in the "continue" camp, with support for Sir Blaze's idea of allowing dropped members to participate in Rapid Fires if they so choose and if their schedules permit it. 

Whatever it takes to save Ninjas. If it means losing some people, then I say let's use our creative skills to work around the losses and keep this rp alive. And not cut them off, but keep it open to those who truly cannot be here right now and allow them a chance to come back when they can- like you're suggesting. 

Honestly, I'll do whatever it takes to keep this rp going. That it lives on is what matters to me right now. 

OKAY OKAY OKAY! I DO NOT WANT THIS RP TO END! I KNOW I'M RUNNING SHORT OF FREE TIME LATELY, BUT NINJERS MUST NOT DIE. IT WILL NOT AND CAN NOT DIE. I love all of the characters waaaaay too much to just.... throw them all away ;-; and we have such a good story going. I want to post! I really want to sit down and write, and it's possible I can very soon because I'm off Thursday and Friday!!

Okay I'm less of a busy blaze than I thought I would be.

So here's what I'm thinking. For the most part, every character in Ninja Gangsters whose player is leaving can just hang out in the background. Plotwise, that works fine. Mechanically speaking for the RP, things get a little borked.

Because we're gonna have all these

characters that are "in" the RP taking up Chis and shit that new players might want, right? Well, I think we can work around that. Though Chi is like unique to every character for mechanical purposes.

Lore wise the same Chi does express itself within multiple people. This has always been a thing in the RP because just think about how many people have existed throughout history. No two people have had the same or similar Chi? Impossible. That unique Chi barrier thing is and always has been purely mechanical. Yes, there's a lot of different types of Chi and not everyone even learns how to use it, so it's not exactly common to run into someone with the same Chi type. And the same Chi could even work differently between two different people.

For instance, Jason was a Fire guy, right? So he could like throw fireballs at shit and like light a cigarette, like a firebender. But a Fire Chi could also manifest itself in more of a Human Torch kind of way. You feel me?

So we're covered Lore-wise and mechanically. Characters participating in the main thread still need unique Chis, rapid fire only "background" characters can have similar/samey Chis.

Next thing, all characters created by the leaving players are fine for Rapid Fire participation, but should these players be allowed to make new characters? I think it's okay, like ya come back for a summer and wanna make a new ninjer to do what is essentially a bunch of mini 1x1s and group rps (although the one group rapid fire we've tried died I'm still down to do em) I don't think that's like a big deal from that perspective, but how do you guys feel? Do you think it would be pointless for them to introduce new characters for Rapid Fires? Do you think it would feel cluttered?

I'm running out of time so no proofreading and I'm not gonna be able to get to the big thing. Elders and Seconds. Let me know if nothing makes sense, and we need to think about what's going to happen with Remy, Isaac, and Felicita. Just like with Jason, we have to actually do something in the RP to sort of remove them from the action. This could mean new Elders/Seconds, or it could mean we keep them and find a way ti explain their absence. Like perhaps Remy likes to run the Cobras in a less hands on way, and just gives orders from the shadows and stuff. Like he rarely goes on missions. Something of that nature.

I'm weary about killing these characters off, but that's always a possibility too. And remember, Rapid Fires can always take place in the past so killing off a character doesn't mean they'll never be seen again in some capacity. 

@Danoram @RubyRose @FreckledWizard @BlueInPassing @NyxNightmare

Okay I'm less of a busy blaze than I thought I would be.

So here's what I'm thinking. For the most part, every character in Ninja Gangsters whose player is leaving can just hang out in the background. Plotwise, that works fine. Mechanically speaking for the RP, things get a little borked.

Because we're gonna have all these

characters that are "in" the RP taking up Chis and shit that new players might want, right? Well, I think we can work around that. Though Chi is like unique to every character for mechanical purposes.

Lore wise the same Chi does express itself within multiple people. This has always been a thing in the RP because just think about how many people have existed throughout history. No two people have had the same or similar Chi? Impossible. That unique Chi barrier thing is and always has been purely mechanical. Yes, there's a lot of different types of Chi and not everyone even learns how to use it, so it's not exactly common to run into someone with the same Chi type. And the same Chi could even work differently between two different people.

For instance, Jason was a Fire guy, right? So he could like throw fireballs at shit and like light a cigarette, like a firebender. But a Fire Chi could also manifest itself in more of a Human Torch kind of way. You feel me?

So we're covered Lore-wise and mechanically. Characters participating in the main thread still need unique Chis, rapid fire only "background" characters can have similar/samey Chis.

Next thing, all characters created by the leaving players are fine for Rapid Fire participation, but should these players be allowed to make new characters? I think it's okay, like ya come back for a summer and wanna make a new ninjer to do what is essentially a bunch of mini 1x1s and group rps (although the one group rapid fire we've tried died I'm still down to do em) I don't think that's like a big deal from that perspective, but how do you guys feel? Do you think it would be pointless for them to introduce new characters for Rapid Fires? Do you think it would feel cluttered?

I'm running out of time so no proofreading and I'm not gonna be able to get to the big thing. Elders and Seconds. Let me know if nothing makes sense, and we need to think about what's going to happen with Remy, Isaac, and Felicita. Just like with Jason, we have to actually do something in the RP to sort of remove them from the action. This could mean new Elders/Seconds, or it could mean we keep them and find a way ti explain their absence. Like perhaps Remy likes to run the Cobras in a less hands on way, and just gives orders from the shadows and stuff. Like he rarely goes on missions. Something of that nature.

I'm weary about killing these characters off, but that's always a possibility too. And remember, Rapid Fires can always take place in the past so killing off a character doesn't mean they'll never be seen again in some capacity. 

@Danoram @RubyRose @FreckledWizard @BlueInPassing @NyxNightmare

Woah that's a lot. But I'm glad because I'm in my organic chemistry class testing radon squares so we have to boil them for an hour (lemme tell ya puts a whole new perspective on watching water boil lol). My patience is dry so your post saved me of boredom. 

One thing I'm a little confused about, you said the temp leaving players will be on rapid fire only, and they can create new characters but can only use them in rapid fires ? And are we debating whether or not when they come back if they can use those characters in the main RP?  

Also, regarding the seconds and what not, I do think it would be natural for Remy to just be in the shadows somewhat. He is a laid back character I think and if anything I think Iris is a bit more calculating and particular about things. So she can sort of hold the fort while he's away. Maybe Remy won a vacation to a peach orchid farm or something lmfao. I don't really want to kill off any characters , I doubt the owners of the characters do either. Maybe Isaac can be taking a break to meditate. You know how some monks go into the woods to cleanse themselves and pray or meditate or something. 

Woah that's a lot. But I'm glad because I'm in my organic chemistry class testing radon squares so we have to boil them for an hour (lemme tell ya puts a whole new perspective on watching water boil lol). My patience is dry so your post saved me of boredom. 

One thing I'm a little confused about, you said the temp leaving players will be on rapid fire only, and they can create new characters but can only use them in rapid fires ? And are we debating whether or not when they come back if they can use those characters in the main RP?  

Also, regarding the seconds and what not, I do think it would be natural for Remy to just be in the shadows somewhat. He is a laid back character I think and if anything I think Iris is a bit more calculating and particular about things. So she can sort of hold the fort while he's away. Maybe Remy won a vacation to a peach orchid farm or something lmfao. I don't really want to kill off any characters , I doubt the owners of the characters do either. Maybe Isaac can be taking a break to meditate. You know how some monks go into the woods to cleanse themselves and pray or meditate or something. 

What I mean is like, say Leaf comes back for the summer. And she wants to make a new character just to do some rapid fires for a few months. Is that cool with you guys?

None of the leaving players are leaving temporarily however. This is a pretty permanent leave from the Main Thread for them and their characters. We won't be seeing them in the Main Thread unless it's like...idk a cameo or something. 

What I mean is like, say Leaf comes back for the summer. And she wants to make a new character just to do some rapid fires for a few months. Is that cool with you guys?

None of the leaving players are leaving temporarily however. This is a pretty permanent leave from the Main Thread for them and their characters. We won't be seeing them in the Main Thread unless it's like...idk a cameo or something. 

OHHH okay. I get it now. And yeah I think that should be cool for them to be able to come back and do rapids. I think one of the real issues is like....What's going to happen to poor glasper when evey leaves ?! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back