• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Interactions: Hawke. Hawke. (Aveline), Others

"So you say."

Three simple words were uttered from the Dovahkiin's mouth before contemplating further actions. Now this was an unprecedented situation. While the obvious answer was to hear her out and let her be with her business, the other would be to insinuate an attack. But the problem with that would be the reactions of his friends and comrades in arms. To them, he'd of acted rashly with bloodthirst intentions, causing them to oust him from their camp or even turn against him. That wouldn't do, not one bit. With a raspy sigh, he sheathed his Steel Sword back into it's holster.

"Alright, I'll believe you. But if you try anything, I won't hesitate to put you to the Sword. If my friends here want to believe you, then I shall as well."​

Kris, interacting with Aveline Hawke. Hawke.

"If you wish to fight, all you have to do is ask," Kris said with a smirk. She took a bowl of stew from Blaise and proceeded to drink it down, meat and all. "So," she said to Aveline, "can you really transform into a bear? And is it like a regular bear or a super bear. Speaking of bears, what is a bear? Is it big? Strong? Carnivore?" Kris's eyes started to light up as she asked questions. "It sounds like it won't go down without a fight. Are you sure there wasn't a bear that ran away?"

Jill Valentine

The cold seeped into Jill's bones. The small jacket was doing little to keep the cold out. And yet Jill moved on. The fire, while still a ways off, revealed several silhouettes surrounding it. They all looked humanoid and certainly seemed to be interacting with each other. At this point, it didn't matter. Staying out in the cold was not an option. Jill needed to get next to the fire. And so, whether they might be infected or not, Jill determined the best course of action was to introduce herself to the group and hope they wouldn't kill her.

Screenshot_67.png
Blaise WilderMentions: NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor (Kris) everyone who hasn't taken a serving yet in camp
"Bears can come in many sizes. But usually they're huge, and it's hard to get them to stay down with just three bullets. Almost not worth hunting because it's hard to kill them while keeping their pelt in good shape. They usually eat berries and the like, but they never pass up the opportunity for meat. Surprised not many of you have actually seen one." Blaise answered Kris.
"Now, if the rest of you ain't gonna eat, I'll have yer servings. So either take a bowl or let me know. I ain't gonna let any of this go to waste."

saaaab.png
Sabjorn FenrarkeMentions: Hawke. Hawke. (Heard Aveline) approaching main group
Sabjorn was hunting, or rather trying to. There really wasn't much around. Not even sabre cats, other than Roughtongue, which was his Karthstalker Sabre Cat he rode and hunted with. He was on the back of the massive, ferocious beast when he heard the sound of a bear. That would do. He directed Roughtongue towards the sound, his paws pounding against the snow.

20210306_101430.jpg
(Will intro fenn later)

Last edited:
The Blacksmith

Dinner was ready, food was being distributed among the campers. Food was one way to pacify this kind of situation to what Juliette observed. While not even bothering to get her own bowl, she was given one later. She did nothing but stare into the steaming meal as it moistens her face. Her frown became more noticeable than it was before, perhaps not in a mood to eat. The frosty air didn't help her case as the warmth of the fire was barely reaching to her, even she were to come closer. She wanted to gather more wood to enhance the flames since dinner is already cooked.

"Please, have mine... I must gather more wood for the flames."

Standing up immediately with the bowl in hands. She walked to the stew cook with her warm bowl in hand, looking at them in the eyes with a gloomy expression. Her voice had a gentle soft tone that is recognizable enough from a auditory observation. Leaving her serving to their side before turning her back to pick up her sword that she left where she stood. She did not hesitate to leave the campsite on her own even with the ongoing conversation of bears roaming the place. After all her gathering place was only a 2 minute walk away from camp, an easy retreat can be made. Sitting around was not something she is fond of as she feels warmer when exerting more energy into physical exercise. Reaching the place where she is been before she picked up a few sticks and cut a few low hanging branches with her sword as a make shift machete.

DovahBeat DovahBeat
NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor (Possible interactions with Jill)

OIP (1).jpgNearMentions: Light, Juliette briefly, Aveline, vague reference to most others at camp
Tags: Hel Hel
Near had turned his attention away from Light immediately after he addressed him, instead more interested in keeping track of the other conversations going on around him, regarding Aveline, and the food, and all the other things happening in the suddenly-bustling camp. Some marital bickering between the cowboys, the blacksmith girl shying from the others. Normal things. But then Light addressed Near again and mentioned L and his failure to capture Kira. Near looked up again instantly, and for a moment, fixed the older man with quite a look indeed -- though whether that was a legitimate, angry glare or just the expression the boy had from that angle wasn't particularly clear.
After a moment, though, he took a bowl of stew for himself and finally looked away, instead staring into the food. A full meal. A warm one. It had been awhile. When he went to take a bite though, he recoiled visibly with an expression not unlike a very displeased cat. Musty? Was meat supposed to taste musty? He said nothing though, and instead simply made a deeply unhappy noise before taking another bite and letting his attention go back to the others.

Last edited:
1615085739474.pngLight YagamiMentions: Near, Aveline, Dovahkiin
Tags: Sleipnir Sleipnir , Hawke. Hawke. , Dovahkiin3033 Dovahkiin3033

Light listened to Aveline's answers with interest as he made himself a bowl of stew as well. The Dovahkiin replied, and Light briefly wondered if he'd ever get used to the taste of venison. He looked back towards the dragonborn as the man clearly took a moment to decide whether or not to attack the now-unarmed woman who'd joined them. In the end it seemed he had decided against it. Light thought it for the better but also wasn't stupid enough to stand in the man's way if that was the path he'd chosen. Bullets were bad enough, imagine being killed with a sword of all things.

"It seems the world she is from operates under different rules than yours, Dovahkiin. I don't think it's the same one. Though even if it were I suppose that a woman of status would have better etiquette than to attack those who would feed her. I've heard it invokes bad luck, and if I were from a land with magic I doubt I would be interested in getting myself cursed." Light said first to the dragonborn, then more directly to Aveline. Kris had fired off her rapid questions and while Blaise seemed capable enough of answering most of them, he thought it best not to overwhelm the woman with too much more. He took notice of the dour girl who passed off her stew to Blaise without eating but figured that she was, ultimately, not of concern to him at the moment.

Death-note-deathm-anime-japanese-manga-near-Favim_com-311856.jpgNearMentions: Dovahkiin, Light, Aveline
Tags: Hel Hel Dovahkiin3033 Dovahkiin3033 Hawke. Hawke.
Near took a couple more bites of stew while Light opened up his opinions on Aveline's presence, then eventually put the bowl aside and went back to playing with his hair. Once Light finished, he gave a slight nod then looked up from the ground. "Besides that," Near added, "Tactically speaking, it makes no sense that she'd present herself this way if she meant to hurt us. She's outnumbered by trained and armed individuals ready to fight. If she tried to, she'd almost certainly be severely injured in the effort. If she tried to take us out in our sleep, no doubt the commotion would wake the rest and she'd be in the same position -- and she'd get nothing out of it, except maybe our leftovers and some wounds to go with them. It would make more sense to cooperate than to attack us. People who can hunt and cook are more useful alive than dead, especially when they have weapons. She gained nothing by presenting herself to us so openly, even if she can turn into a bear. All she did was lose the element of surprise, especially because you seem so apt to fight her now, without evidence to support your theory that she's one of your werebears." Near turned to look at the Dragonborn properly then. "Does that help ease your concerns?"

Interactions: Aveline Hawke. Hawke. Kris NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor very brief mention/interaction with Blaise DovahBeat DovahBeat

Doe let out the breath he had unknowingly been holding when the Dovahkin put his sword away. He was clearly still on edge, but at least there wouldn’t be a fight, a notion that calmed Doe ever so slightly. Upon hearing Blaise’s announcement, Doe hopped up from his seat and went over to the bowls he had set up. He grabbed two, uttering a small thank you to the cowboy as he returned to the others.

Doe returned to see Kris crowding the poor newcomer with questions about bears. Gently, he prodded his way into the circle of conversation. “I uh, I really don’t think she actually turn into, mam.” He said to Kris, did she really believe what the armored mage had told them? There was absolutely no reason to believe that this woman could turn into a bear. How the strange mage had come to that conclusion was a complete mystery to him. He didn’t think it was out of the question of course, especially given the diversity of magic he had seen already, but there was nothing even remotely suggesting that she was secretly a bear at the current moment.
“Bears arent as scary as he's is makin’ them out to be," Doe said. "Don't get me wrong, they're definitely dangerous, but from what I've heard, most bears don't like confrontation very much. If there was a bear near camp, it probably got scared off by all the noise we're making over our new guest—“ Doe cut himself off, as his mention of their new arrival reminded him of his current task at hand. “Aw shucks, I almost forgot!” He turned to face Aveline.
“Here's your—” Doe hesitated; this newcomer looked a lot more intimidating up close than she did from where he was originally sitting. The woman was a good one maybe two feet taller than he was, and she looked almost twice as buff. He didn’t believe she was a bear, but she certainly looked like she could take one on. Doe felt what little confidence he had drain away.
He chuckled nervously, looking down and away in an attempt to hide his face under the brim of his hat. “H-here’s your stew mam, Fresh off of the cooker.” He held one of his bowls out to her, refusing to look her in the eye. Internally, Doe scolded himself for panicking, he had not even known this person for two minutes and he was already making a fool out of himself. She was just another person, A tall, very powerful-looking person who could crush his skull like a soda-can if she wanted…

Last edited:
Kris, interacting with Aveline Hawke. Hawke. Doe Blaklyte Blaklyte Blaise DovahBeat DovahBeat

Kris was bouncing in her seat. "Sounds like bears are certainly something to be feared," she said, more excited than afraid. "I can't wait to meet one in battle. If they're half as strong as you're making them out to be, I'll be first in line to take it down." Kris drew her sword and whetstone and absentmindedly started sharpening it. "What should I expect?" she started thinking out loud, more to herself than the group. "They sound strong, so I'll have to be light on my feat. But what about elements? Sounds like they're native to cold environments, so I expect some sort of frost breath. Or maybe ice claws. Though, they sound timid, so perhaps they're fast. Fast and strong, a good combination. At least until they start to run. Gah, if only I had my paintballs, then it wouldn't matter if it ran."

Jill Valentine, interacting with The Blacksmith Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Every step took Jill closer and closer to the fire. As she drew near, someone broke away from the group and walked almost directly towards her. Instinctively, Jill ducked behind a tree. This would be her chance to see if they were friend or foe. The person drew closer, revealing themselves to be a young woman, possibly still a child. Jill relaxed. She doubted that a group supporting someone this young would be out to harm a wandering traveler. The young woman gathered some sticks, supposedly for the fire. A shiver ran down Jill's spine as she was once again reminded of the cold. "Excuse me!" Jill called out as she stepped out from behind the tree. "Could you tell me where we are? I'm a bit lost." Jill did her best to not let her teeth chatter. "Is there a phone nearby?"

The Blacksmith

Branches fell from her cold steel sword. An excellently crafted blade that cuts the wood like flesh, a byproduct of the Blacksmith's mastered craft. Picking up the sticks off the ground. Her left hand is already filling up with sticks she has been collecting around so far. Picking the last stick she previously cut, she noticed movement in the corner of her eye. It was so swift and subtle she easily lost contact with the figure. Squinting her eye to scan the area, she remained calm in such a potentially dangerous environment. She stood for only half a minute before she continued on with her task. Moving on to the next area she was stopped by a sudden unfamiliar voice. A voice of a woman, turning around to see the source of the voice. She was startled only for a bit as she took a few steps back and a sudden battle stance with the sword.

She regained focus as the woman seemed unarmed from her point of view. This woman had a familiar fashion to her but still too foreign to resemble anything she knows. Perhaps she is from another world also just like everyone else. With a cold breath of relief, she sheathed her sword to her back. Showing that she will not be engaging in any battle. The snow on her hair sprinkled away as she approached the woman with sticks still on her hand.

"Forgive me. I mean no harm."

"I am sorry for I do not know the answer to your questions. I too am still trying to understand the conditions we live on."

Standing before them as she observed her from head to toe without subtlety, again no familiarity. The young girl had this concerned look on her face as if she witnessed a loved one come home hurt, maintaining unbreakable eye contact with the woman. Her freehand found itself to the wrist of the woman, following with her eyes looking to it.

"You are cold..."

"Let us move. This is no place to prolong speaking, we must take you back to the campsite."

Easily trusting the woman. She tugged her wrist to guide her back to the campsite for warmth. Once again lacking the sufficient supply of firewood. Priorities change, she continued on with the half gathered wood. She cannot imagine how long she has been enduring the cold, it was a miracle that the fire was burning well at this time. Halfway through, she side hugged the woman to provide at least a little warmth. It only took 2 and a half minutes on the way back.

NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor (Attempting to recover Jill back to camp)

Interactions: Hel Hel (Light), Sleipnir Sleipnir (Near), Hawke. Hawke. (Aveline)

Once Light Yagami made his statement known to the Dragonborn, he was about to interject when Near spoke up to him; directly addressing him. He took mental note of what the both of them had to say, especially that of Near. Whilst Light's detail about the world of magic and curses did nothing to deter him; seeing as the only curse he's had to deal with is the meddling of Hermaeus Mora thanks to his usage of the Black Books. However his face underneath his helmet held a expression of composure, after everyone clearly pointed out that if Aveline truly wanted to cause harm, she'd of done it by now.

"You're right."

He stepped away from the wall he leaned against, turning properly to Near first.

"I was just jumpy to conclusions. The coincidences occurred by this woman arriving at the same time as the roaring of a bear planted false information into my head, and it took advantage of my Nord blood. It is true that the Nords of my world including myself adore combat, and that clouded my judgement."

Then he turned to Light Yagami with a concerned expression.

"Curses? If I wanted to know more about curses, I'd just consult with Hermaeus Mora; the Daedra of Forbidden Knowledge. But, I see your viewpoint."

Then he ensured the both of them were in his line of sight.

"I do not wish to damage any friendships with fighting amongst us. Especially while we're in a place we hardly know anything about. Thank you."

Then he turned to walk towards Aveline with a hand extended.

"Surely you must of understood my intentions initially, but my mind has been cleared by those behind me. Will you forgive me for my actions? It was a large coincidence that a bear was roaring at the same time as your arrival, so my judgement was clouded into hostility."​

TAGS: Hawke. Hawke. DovahBeat DovahBeat
MENTIONS: John - Blaise - Sabjorn

MARKO - ARTHUR - FL4K

Marko hesitated but nodded, turning his attention to the coat he pulled tighter over his shoulders. Upon hearing about the stew being ready, the Wreather scooted a bit closer. "I'll have a bowl," he replied, holding his hands out.

Arthur watched Marko for a moment before turning his attention to John and shaking his head. "Didn't see anyone. I was just at Strawberry, I left the barn and it suddenly started snowin' pre-e-e-ety bad. Ended up findin' Marko unconscious and stumbled across this group." He glanced over his shoulder towards Aveline and the Viking, sighing through his nose.

He watched the large woman put her swords down against a tree and wondered why she even carried them. It was 1899, nobody carried swords anymore. It was only ever guns, than it was swords. He hummed to himself and shook his head at the offer of stew. He wasn't hungry. Arthur pulled his legs closer and leaned against his knee, staring down at a melted portion of the snow under the flames, thinking about what the fuck had happened. His thoughts were very, very quickly broken upon the sound of someone fastly approaching, and the outlaw quickly stood up, pulling out his revolver and cocking it, aiming towards the sound but not yet shooting.

"Stop in yer tracks or I shoot." He threatened, though his hand faltered for a moment when he noticed the fast approaching being was on a giant sabre cat. "Well I'll be," he began under his breath, "ain't those extinct?"

---

Flak was used to world-jumping, having gone from planet to planet often. One planet would be full of just a desert, while another would be volcanic. A snowy one was no different, and they didn't even bat an eye at Sanctuary III landing just outside the atmosphere. Flak took their time heading down to Ellie's garage, finding no need to rush to get there. They tilted their head to a Pandora citizen and turned into the entrance of the garage, heading down the stairs and greeting Ellie with a wave. Mr. Chew broke from the robot and trotted over to said mechanic and asked for a pet, in which she gladly gave the Skag.

"Well, howdy, VH!" The round woman greeted, heading towards the pod. "This place seems real cold, make sure you're warm!" She smiled up at the robot, and Flak nodded and stepped into the pod.

"I'm always prepared for the Hunt."

"Whatever you say, VH!"

The plummet to the planet was just as normal as any other travel they had endured. Flak let themselves relax against the wall in the pod, Mr. Chew laying at their feet and dozing off. Mid-way, the pod began to shake. Flak stood up, and Mr. Chew raised his head before standing up as well and standing on their back paws, looking out the window. A sense of unease washed over the Skag and he dropped back down to four paws and glanced up at Flak and whined. The robot shrugged and sat back down, urging the pet to do the same. Mr. Chew hesitantly sat down and scratched at his neck with a back foot, then laid down.

The pod landing was rather rough, but Flak didn't mind. They chuckled in thought of the other Vault Hunters- should they be in the robot's place, they'd all be complaining about how rough the ride was. Flak pushed the door open and instantly raised their hand, not expecting the bright reflection of the sun across the fresh snow. Mr. Chew seemed rather displeased about the landing, but the thought pushed out of his head the moment he saw the snow. Not skipping a beat, the creature leaped into the snow and began bouncing and rolling around. Flak laughed, stepping out and making a ball of snow in their hand and throwing it. Mr. Chew went after the ball and returned with more snow than Flak threw.

The hunter pat the Skag on the head and began walking, adjusting their guns and weapon on their belt and shoulders. They had been walking for exactly three hours, twelve minutes, and forty-seven seconds when they came across the sound of heavy footprints sprinting through the snow. Flak spun around just in time to jump back as someone on a massive beast sprinted by. They had heard about things like this, of tinks riding Bullymongs. Perhaps this was it. Flak readied their Gatlin' Carbine and pointed towards the speeding duo.

"Onwards! For the Hunt!" They bellowed and chased after, with Mr. Chew running ahead.

Last edited:
Screenshot_67.png
Blaise WilderMentions: Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre (The Blacksmith) NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor (Kris) Hawke. Hawke. (Beau) infectedmouth infectedmouth (Marko)
Blaise looked mildly surprised as the Blacksmith girl gave him her serving. He didn't actually anticipate anyone to take him up on his threat. He shrugged and sat down next to Beau, placing the extra bowl between them in an attempt to tempt her to eat more, but Marko had asked for a serving. Might as well give him the bowl before it was cold. He handed the extra bowl over to the horned individual. He started on his own bowl, picking the meat out around the vegetables as he usually did. The venison was... Flavorful. More so than even what he was used to. He'd never eaten venison so... let's say aged. Still, meat was meat and this was dinner.
Then he heard jill talk about what bears could be like, and couldn't help but laugh.
"Well, they are fast, faster than a human can run. But not fast enough to keep up with a good horse. They got no frost breath or ice claws, though. And they usually hibernate during winter. They get all fat and even bigger to prepare fer it, so they can sleep through the whole season. Most kinds, anyways. Don't know about Polar Bears, never seen one. I have seen a white bison though!" He seemed proud of the fact, though it would probably be lost on the people here, who didn't even know what a normal bison looked like.

saaaab.png
Sabjorn FenrarkeMentions: infectedmouth infectedmouth (Arthur) Dovahkiin3033 Dovahkiin3033 group at camp as a whole
Sabjorn paid no mind to the humanoid thing he rode past, but once he caught sight of the camp in the snow and heard someone threatening to shoot him he made Roughtongue skid to a halt just outside the camp, kicking up snow in the process. Once settled, he dismounted the massive sabre cat, looking around the group. Lots of unfamiliar faces and only one of them looked like they came from his world.
"You think you can hurt me with that?" He scoffed at Arthur, crossing his arms. "Yeah, try it and see what happens. This armor is enchanted." Sab then looked around the group, noticing Blaise also reach for his gun, but was instead staring at Roughtongue.
"What, never seen a sabre cat before?"

Kris, interacting with Blaise & Sabjorn DovahBeat DovahBeat

"What?" Kris asked, shocked. "Then what do they do? Paralysis breath? Poison? C'mon, what's their trick? Do polar bears have the ice breath?" A nagging voice in the back of her head told Kris that perhaps a bear would be a formidable threat to these people, but not to her. She hoped that the voice was wrong. "Are bison at least dangerous? What kind of elemental attacks-" Her thoughts were interrupted by one of the newcomers - Kris believed she overheard someone calling him an author - drawing his gun on someone charging the camp. Kris jumped to her feet, sword drawn, when she saw a man riding some sort of animal. Big, furry, clawed. The fabled bear makes its appearance! However, the man called it a sabre cat. So, no, not a bear. Kris sighed, disappointed, but didn't relax. "You!" Kris marched up to the sabre cat rider and asked, "Did you happen to see a bear on your way here? Or maybe another one of those cat things? Or just something big and angry in general?"

Jill, interacting with The Blacksmith Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Jill let the young woman lead her back to the camp. She was rather surprised at the hug, but did not reject it. As the duo neared the camp, it became obvious some sort of standoff was happening. Guns and swords were drawn and people were yelling. A rather strange assortment of people. As Jill and the young woman approached the camp, Jill gently nudged the young woman and tried to break the hug. If something were to happen, Jill wanted a clear draw on her firearm and also did not want the woman getting hurt. "Do you know what's going on?" Jill asked the woman.

Minako Arisato

• Interaction: Sleipnir Sleipnir
    As her eyes closed in sleepiness, looking up at Shinjiro, there was silence. Silence and darkness. She didn't know how long it lasted, as no thoughts or emotions flowed through. Then, reality snapped to her... or something like reality. It had taken a moment for her to realize that she was awake, standing up. The wind whipped through her clothes, sending a chill through her body. She crossed her arms over her chest, shivering and looking around. It was freezing cold there - it didn't help that she was wearing her school uniform, as it just made her legs and upskirt even colder. She was panicking, unsure of where she was, cold and confused and scared. Had they failed?

She thought back to when she had first found herself in this world to herself, coming back with firewood in a wheelbarrow. She was lucky to have found the group before, otherwise, she would've been alone. From what she could tell, they all had been in different worlds, so it was best to assume they hadn't failed. But why were they here...? What brought them to this cold and near-barren world...?

She set the wheelbarrow down as she got back into the camp and began unloading the firewood. The wind blew and she shivered a bit more. She needed a different outfit. After unloading the firewood, she sat down and took a deep breath of the air before looking over at whoever else was there. Seeing Near, having not met them, Minako gave a wave and smile to them.

Last edited:
tumblr_ndb5is4Kxf1rm75fro1_500.gifNearMentions: Sabjorn (Briefly), Kris (briefly), Light (briefly), Camp in general, Minako, Dovahkiin
Tags: Forgotten Home Forgotten Home (Minako)
Near continued watching the events unfold before him, dark eyes shifting from one group of individuals to the next. It certainly was a busy day. Perhaps everyone had noticed the cold setting in and it had forced people into moving. He wasn't listening too closely to any particular conversation, though, as Kris got more and more excited at the prospect of electric, fire-breathing bears. He got the feeling she would be very disappointed when they met a real bear if this was what she was anticipating. Around the same time, another stranger with a similar look to the Dovahkiin approached on the back of a sabre-toothed cat. Near recognized that he should be shocked by the sight, but as he and Light had already established, things were different here than at home. And besides that, his worldview had been somewhat altered, anyway, when he was still just thirteen and started learning more about the Kira case he had involuntarily from his mentor.

He nodded to the Dovahkiin when he offered an apology, but didn't say anything more on the matter. In Near's opinion, there wasn't anything more to say. The matter was closed. Instead, his attention was drawn by a girl he'd seen in camp, but had never gone out of his way to speak to in the days he'd been here. She didn't have a coat, so he figured she hadn't been here long either. Minako. Was that the name he'd heard? A Japanese name, unless this was just a very unique coincidence. It seemed to him, then, that she must come from a world very parallel to his own, much like the cowboys, if not the same world -- but that would take more than a rudimentary analysis of her chosen name to determine. It was only after a few moments of this contemplation, watching her and playing with his hair that it occurred to Near that the fact that she was waving at him implied that she was actively attempting to draw his attention, and he sat up just a bit and let go of his hair. He offered her a small wave in return. He was quiet for a moment more after he did, at first looking very lost in thought before he addressed her. "...Where's your coat?"

Last edited:
Minako Arisato

• Interaction: Sleipnir Sleipnir
    She paused for a moment, taking the time to understand what they were saying, being a natural Japanese speaker, and leaned over in response, taking a small, fur coat that was given to her and wrapped it around herself. She smiled at Near and said in English, "Right here." Her accent was understandable, at the least. She pulled out one of her headphones and put it on her ear and pulled out her phone, putting on an MP3. She then offered the other headphone to them.

"My name's Minako Arisato. What is your name?" she asked, not remembering their name, trying to make some idle chatter. Maybe she could make some bonds with those around her. It wouldn't really matter too much, as she can't get to the Velvet Room from what she's seen, and has no real way to acquire new Personas. But she could certainly use some friends in this world.

While she chatted with them, she pulled up her naginata, which was sitting just beside her, and began to clean the blade with a rag. It had come with her into this world, along with her Evoker, and would hopefully be good if she needed to protect herself against someone.

Screenshot_67.png
Blaise WilderMentions: Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre (The Blacksmith) NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor (Kris) Hawke. Hawke. (Beau) infectedmouth infectedmouth (Marko)
Blaise looked mildly surprised as the Blacksmith girl gave him her serving. He didn't actually anticipate anyone to take him up on his threat. He shrugged and sat down next to Beau, placing the extra bowl between them in an attempt to tempt her to eat more, but Marko had asked for a serving. Might as well give him the bowl before it was cold. He handed the extra bowl over to the horned individual. He started on his own bowl, picking the meat out around the vegetables as he usually did. The venison was... Flavorful. More so than even what he was used to. He'd never eaten venison so... let's say aged. Still, meat was meat and this was dinner.
Then he heard jill talk about what bears could be like, and couldn't help but laugh.
"Well, they are fast, faster than a human can run. But not fast enough to keep up with a good horse. They got no frost breath or ice claws, though. And they usually hibernate during winter. They get all fat and even bigger to prepare fer it, so they can sleep through the whole season. Most kinds, anyways. Don't know about Polar Bears, never seen one. I have seen a white bison though!" He seemed proud of the fact, though it would probably be lost on the people here, who didn't even know what a normal bison looked like.

Beau, interactions: Blaise, camp
"Yeah, an' it ran ya over too. After I shouted 'Blaise watch out fer that bison! the big white one!', you said 'What' and ran right into it." Beau said, as she finished her stew and began picking the uneaten vegetables off of Blaise's plate. She had mostly given up on getting her husband to eat his vegetables. Except perhaps when she tried to sneak them into his food on the rare occasion that she cooked. She nearly dropped her plate fumbling for her revolver when she heard another person approaching, but by the time she got it out. He seemed to be on some sort of... Big cat. She guessed. "...How many more people are gonna show up today?" She wondered aloud, putting away her revolver as the newcomer didnt seem to want a fight.
"...I still say we go after that bear."

Aveline mentions Near Sleipnir Sleipnir Kris NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor light Hel Hel Dovahkiin Dovahkiin3033 Dovahkiin3033 Doe Blaklyte Blaklyte
"Don't worry, friend, I am not offended or angry, fear makes us act in ways we wouldn't normally." She said, giving him an understanding smile. Then she turned to Doe, taking the bowl of stew from him with a grateful bow.and sitting down near him.

"I have no reason to, as your friends said. And even if I am a werebear, where I'm from they are sent away at a young age to train and learn self control. Many even go on to fight in our military."

Aveline seemed amused by Kris' questions. Sure she came from a land of swords and sorcery but most of the animals she encountered were just normal creatures. "You don't have bears where you are from?" She asked, but before she could get an answer everyone was standing again. She started to stand herself. But she didn't have her sword, and turning into a bear right now would not look good...​

Last edited:
tumblr_ndb5is4Kxf1rm75fro1_500.gifNearMentions: Minako Arisato
Tags: Forgotten Home Forgotten Home
Near didn’t object to the girl finding a seat beside him, and in fact only moved his bowl of stew out of her way when she did, offering a nod when she presented her coat. His eyes dropped to the headphone when it was offered and, at first, only eyed it with a vaguely skeptical look. Then he took it.
Minako Arisato. Between her name and accent, she was definitely Japanese. That was comforting in a way — not only was she from a world similar to his own, she was from one that was also modern. Sure, Light was familiar, but he had been a competitor until recently — and dead. Blaise and Beau and the other newcomers were American, but it hardly counted when the they came from a world where zippers were still cutting-edge and America’s only roller coaster was still younger than he was himself. Minako, on the other hand, knew what a cell phone was, and hadn’t tried to kill Near, which put her neatly in less uncomfortably territory than the cowboys and on the same level at least as Light.

After that additional moment of contemplation, he finally spoke again. “You can call me Near,” he replied. He dropped his eyes down to the blade in her lap and once again sank into quiet, in part because he was simply watching her polish it and in part because it didn't occur to him that perhaps he should say more.

Minako Arisato

• Interaction: Sleipnir Sleipnir Near
    She listened to him quietly, nodding her head gently to the rap bit in the music that played in the headphones. They were the type of headphones that were like earbuds but clipped around the ears. They had a vibrant red case. She also knew she should probably be saving her phone's battery, but it didn't matter too much.

She was pretty glad to meet someone who was also a bit more modern in look, although she didn't really know if he was for sure. However, it was still a reassuring thought. The others were definitely... strange, from the guy in, like, Viking armor, to the cowboys, which she had really only seen in anime... Strange was a good word to use there, she thought.

"Hajim- Erm, sorry, it's nice to meet you, Near-san. Actually, you wouldn't mind if I called you Near-kun, would you?" She giggled a little, glad that he had talked to her. She set her weapon to the side and then turned back to him. She readjusted the holster on her hip that held her Evoker to get a bit more comfortable.

Screenshot_67.png
Blaise WilderMentions: Hawke. Hawke. (Beau) NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor (Kris) (Sabjorn)
"Yeah, I think I broke my ribs when it spooked my horse and trampled me..." Blaise grumbled, letting Beau eat off his plate what she wanted.
"So, yeah, Bison are dangerous. But not in the same way bears are."
He still had a hand on his revolver, ready to quick draw and shoot if he needed to, but it seemed this new person wasn't hostile... or at least not interested in attacking them at the moment.

Screenshot_73.png
Sabjorn FenrarkeMentions: (Camp as a whole) NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor (Kris)
"A bear is actually why I was here, I was hoping to hunt it." Sabjorn responded. "Didn't see it, though, just heard it."
He shrugged nonchalantly, seemingly unbothered by the cold or how he could easily be outnumbered if this party chose to attack him. He'd faced greater odds.
"Haven't seen anything else, either. Normally sabre cats would at least be around, they love this weather. So, who're all of you?"

Last edited:
TAGS: DovahBeat DovahBeat Hawke. Hawke.
MENTIONS: Sab (briefly) + John

ARTHUR - MARKO

Arthur rolled his eyes and tensed his hand holding the gun before he sighed and flicked the safety back on and put it in its holster. He sat back down beside John and noticed Marko point towards the stew. Shrugging, Arthur elbowed John. "You want something to eat?" He asked.

Marko squared his knees, balancing his bowl between his legs and taking off his jacket to offer towards the obviously cold cowboy. Arthur shook his head and pushed Marko's hand back towards him, mumbling about the horned man needing it more than him. Marko looked rather displeased and drew the long coat back over his shoulders, glancing down at the steaming stew that seemed to only get colder the slower he ate. Arthur pat Marko's shoulder and stood up to get himself some stew. He stopped when he was asked who he was.

Was it appropriate to answer after he had just pointed a gun at the guy's face? Probably not. Instead, he turned his attention back to the stew.

The Blacksmith

The trail of footsteps ends at the presence of the campfire. Juliette saw numerous new faces in such a short period of time, the topic has not been dropped since she went out to collect more firewood. She was seamlessly remove from the woman's contact with a nudge. Both gazed upon the scene and the young woman appears to be clueless as the one who asked.

"My apologies... I, do not know much about the current moment."

"With many roaming travelers all around us, the camp may have gained suspicions and awareness of potential danger."

Her blade stood on the snow as a cane. Her eyes forced the woman to gaze upon it. Every single strand of tips of her eyelashes had frozen from the cold. Following a frown towards the woman before stepping in further away from her.

"Please understand that this tension may only be temporary, everyone in the camp are not savages. I have trust in you."

Turning away from the woman, walking slowly trying to guide her to a warm area where the fire's warmth kisses the skin.

"Please, sit here. I have to feed the flames first."

Ushering her to a spot where she usually dines alone. The fire was close for warmth, a perfect reach to reach the pot quick. sticks and branches were inserted to the fire once again. This time, she will not be going anywhere again. The punishing climate had achieved to seize Juliette from returning into the woods for more fuel. Warming her frosty hands into the fire, her jaw chatters in synch with her breathing. Fortunate enough to return back without harm. Makes one wonder what would have happened if this stranger she just brought in was a wolf in sheep's clothing. Finishing the last stick her head turned slightly into the woman without looking into their eyes.

"Apologies if it is impolite to ask but may i know your name?"

"I am Juliette, i am part of the camp as most of us here. Are you hungry? There still food left on the pot."

The aroma of the stew was noticeable in the air and the young girl was very hospitable to them. She rose away from the campfire to approach her as a gesture of full attention. Her voice had a distinct pitch. Soft as an old woman's hush yet youthful for her age.

NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor

tumblr_ndb5is4Kxf1rm75fro1_500.gifNearMentions: Minako
Tags: Forgotten Home Forgotten Home
Near looked over at Minako again with just his eyes, pausing for a moment. He stayed silent for just a second or two, then shot a quick glance at Light as if he was looking for something. But, ultimately, he said nothing to his companion and instead clipped the earbud around his ear then returned to playing with a lock of white hair near his face. The honorific she was asking about was a familiar one, he recalled. Of course, he didn't really know her well... But then he recalled what most of his childhood and early life had been like, and the thought was not unappealing. "You can call me that if you want; I don't mind," he told her. "...I worked a case in Japan once." He paused then and turned his head fully to look at the Evoker. "Though, when I was there, private citizens weren't allowed to own firearms."

Kris, interacting with Sabjorn DovahBeat DovahBeat Avaline Hawke. Hawke.

Kris let out a groan and turned to walk away. "Why is there not a single monster to hunt in this place?" she moaned before sitting down and crossing her arms. She then proceeded to pout and mutter to herself. In the midst of her muttering she shook her head. She then turned to Aveline and asked, "Were you asking me something?"

Jill Valentine, interacting with The Blacksmith Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Jill followed the young girl to a seat by the fire. And not a moment too soon, Jill thought. Hearing the girl introduce herself, Jill responded, "Jill Valentine, BSAA." Looking around the camp, there was a lack of firearms, Jill noticed. A lot of medieval weaponry. "Food would be fine, yes," she added. Jill took a breath. "I get the feeling we're no longer in the United Kingdom anymore. Do you know where we are, or is there someone in camp who does?" She doubted this was a Biohazard incident, but than again, she's never been that lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back