• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Contract-based Fantasy Adventure! (Reboot)

Vampunk

sʇɐq ןooɔ ǝɥʇ ɥʇıʍ ƃuıƃuɐɥ
the_bridgelands_by_whatyoumaydo-d7exfcc.jpg

Every great story has to start somewhere
Every hero has started out taking some contract with lousy pay
Everyone who ever sought to embark on adventures started their journey in the warm shine of a Tavern's hearth fire.

This story is no different.
They're all lowly adventurers, of almost every social background you could imagine.
Some are lowly Smith's sons or Hunter's daughters
Some seek glory, some seek gold, some recognition
But in the end they're all the same.
They seek adventure!

And what better way to get into the business than meeting like-minded individuals and setting out on a Quest that might finally put them to the test!
_________________________________________________________________________________

Some notes on the World:

Magic:
Magic is a rare gift in this world and only a few individuals are capable of conjuring mighty phantasms and weave powerful spells.
Most start out being able to create flame or heal injuries.
They're capable of raw, unrefined magical wonders that without the proper training might consume them.
Most mages are thus either members of the Academy of Magi or are taught by the local Magus.

Magical talent is often frowned upon in smaller villages if not outright feared, yet a mage who's proficient in their craft are an invaluable addition to any adventuring party!

Races:
This World is inhabited by mostly Humans, yet there are a few races mixed in. They're often rather reclusive and don't stray from their own kin.
Races you might be able to play as are:
-Elves (Woodland and Forest dwellers)
-Dwarves (Deep folk that resides in large tunnel networks below the surface)

-Werewolves and Vampires MIGHT be included, but I'll go into detail later

The World:
The World this adventure will take place in is the northern most region of a medieval fantasy world. It's where countless cultures mix in an attempt to colonize the northern realms that have been uninhabited for the last millennia. It's filled with some scarcely colonized midland that is often terrorized by smaller fiends like Imps and Goblins, tall mountains, extensive forests and almost anything you'd expect from this kind of land.
Numerous hidden temples and ruins might also be found, yet I'll rather not spill the beans right away

OOC:
As you might have already noticed this is a Fantasy Adventure that follows a group of misfits on their quest for glory, gold or whatever they seek!
What makes this different from your standard fantasy RP is HOW I'll manage this.
Every quest our characters set out for is a CONTRACT, put out by the Adventurer's Guild or any other employer, they might take up.

After every Adventure I'll devise a few Adventures and YOU can vote on which contract our characters will accept!

Any other questions?
I'll gladly answer them!​

I may be interested to play as a disgruntled soldier seeking his glory in the new colonies. Just one question. Is Gunpowder allowed?

Ooohh I'd like to join but make my character someone who creates the contract with the other!

Is that ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back