Other Contemplating a tattoo; do you have or want any tattoos?

Hell yeah I want a tattoo. I'd like one of those really vibrant "watercolor" tattoos, like this:

12160916-watercolor-tattoos.jpg

Or a black and white geometric tattoo like this:

mens-tattoo-with-geometric-shapes-inner-forearm-design.jpg

I have no idea what I actually want the tattoos designs to be of, though, lol.

I don't ever plan on getting a tattoo. But if I had to, I'd choose a symbol that signifies something I love, like a tv show or video game that affected me strongly. Having the Undertale SOUL or Supernatural "demon warding" tattoo would be neat.

Again though, I like my body tattoo-less, and I fully intend to keep it that way. Whenever I feel like decorating myself I just grab a sharpie. That way, I don't ever really have to commit to anything. It's completely gone soon enough, yet it makes me happy to look at while it's around. Just harmless, non-permanent fun.
I’ve had one in the making for awhile now, Ivy going from my finger tips all the way to my neck line; up my arm.

Loo
Look if your so adamant about it ACTUALLY LOOK i have things to do with my life not needlessly help someone who doesnt give a shit look ur self or dont look at all
Gasp. I’d be nicer. She’ll sick the demon dogs on you.

*cough cough* anyway, I kinda really want to get the heartless/nobody emblems from kingdom hearts on my arm, ala this. all cause im a massive kh nerd, lol.
0035b8684fbc58b3730e382b6e8c6193.jpg
Kingdom hearts is the shit; good on you mate.

I haven't had a tattoo YET. But I plan to soon. The one I'm going to get is going to be a quote in Elvish on my arm. I used to want the brand of sacrifice and some other one too, but I think it's best to not have depressing tattoos on me lmao.

EDIT: While I'm talking about it, I would be totally open to the idea of having an artist I really like just going HAM on me (aka, doing whatever design they want).
That’s not a bad idea; I’m working with an artist now- I’m trying to get ivy from my finger tips to either behind my head or the brim of my collar bone. Up my arm of course.

I have 11. All mine have some sort of meaning. I grew up with star wars cus of my dad; my mental illnesses, my family & my best friends; pokemon due to a lifelong love of the games; love because I use to self-harm.

'Love' on the back of my neck - Pictured with the Pikachu. It was my first tattoo at 18.
Deathly Hallows behind my right ear
'Relax' on my left wrist in my Dad's handwriting. I have trouble with my temper
GgAmJro.jpg
'Breathe' on my right wrist in my Mother's handwriting. I have severe anxiety
OtD44RW.jpg
R2D2 & C3PO from Star Wars, full color, on my inner left forearm
N1bLW8a.jpg
Chewbacca from Star Wars, full color, on back of left forearm
xCKmrlx.jpg
Yoda & his hut from Star Wars, full color, left upper arm
XGhuHVZ.jpg
Pikachu, black outline, my back between my shoulder blades
UooMr05.png
A black & white portrait of my grandmother on my inner right forearm
K2RpGKP.jpg
Scarred, previously infected sunflowers, outer right forearm
u1ElIE5.jpg
Rose, black & white on my outer right ankle
XzmPXbf.jpg

Last edited:
I have 11. All mine have some sort of meaning. I grew up with star wars cus of my dad; my mental illnesses, my family & my best friends; pokemon due to a lifelong love of the games; love because I use to self-harm.

'Love' on the back of my neck - Pictured with the Pikachu. It was my first tattoo at 18.
Deathly Hallows behind my right ear
'Relax' on my left wrist in my Dad's handwriting. I have trouble with my temper
GgAmJro.jpg
'Breathe' on my right wrist in my Mother's handwriting. I have severe anxiety
OtD44RW.jpg
R2D2 & C3PO from Star Wars, full color, on my inner left forearm
N1bLW8a.jpg
Chewbacca from Star Wars, full color, on back of left forearm
xCKmrlx.jpg
Yoda & his hut from Star Wars, full color, left upper arm
XGhuHVZ.jpg
Pikachu, black outline, my back between my shoulder blades
UooMr05.png
A black & white portrait of my grandmother on my inner right forearm
K2RpGKP.jpg
Scarred, previously infected sunflowers, outer right forearm
u1ElIE5.jpg
Rose, black & white on my outer right ankle
XzmPXbf.jpg
Those are some really great ones; thank you for showing me.

I have 2, but I definitely have plans for more. The first is, obviously, a Harry Potter tattoo. I got it when I was 19, it’s on my left arm. The second one is more special. I got it 2 years ago, a year after my grandmother passed away. It’s in dutch, and it’s something she wrote for me shortly after I was born. It roughly translates to “your beautiful and dazzling smile make me love you.” I had it done in her handwriting.

22140576-A70D-4C8A-9347-223CC7A7142A.jpeg
88AAE2AA-98EF-4524-9EE9-64C1F82FBA3C.jpeg

I still have plans for a few more. My next one I’m planning will be a D&D themed tattoo. I’m thinking of a d20 with some things in there related to D&D itself and to Critical Role. That show got me into D&D so it’s special. I also still want a LotR tattoo, not sure what yet. I also want a Kingdom Hearts tattoo, thinking about the Heartless logo. And I want the anti-possession tattoo from Supernatural.

i really want a tattoo omgggg
but i'm afraid of all the pain--

i want a minimalistic one with meaning,, y'know?

I just had a custom Jackalope done. If you are going to get one, do a lot of research beforehand and look at as many local artists as possible. You may even consider travelling to meet with an artist you like.

Consider black versus color, color means more time, more pain, more MONEY. Some artists can cost up to $200 an hour. This is on you FOREVER, and if you are going to endure so much pain, make sure you love the design and trust the artist.

20190225_175359.jpg

I have an arm and a leg sleeve. I work in healthcare and they haven’t hindered my career at all.

I eventually want most of my body done (sans my chest, neck, and face).

I say if you want it, go for it!

I have... 15, I think. XD I also work in healthcare (I'm a nurse) and I have quite a few visible tattoos, on my arms and chest mostly. And elsewhere. I put them in a collage, and have one that's not in there bc it's my newest. [forgive the double spoiler, blahhh.]

full

full

I personally dont like small tattoos, especially on girls. If u go tattoo, make it BIG sleeves and shit 😎

Personally, id never have a tattoo on my skin but i often put henna on my hands and stuff. Its cute and healthy but not permanent (thankfully i guess)

Last edited:
I've been contemplating one recently. My father passed a few weeks ago, and I have a voicemail of him wishing me happy birthday. I was thinking of getting the soundwave of him saying my name tattooed somewhere. I'd like a watercolor style, I think. But I don't know. It's still recent, so I'm trying not to make an impulse choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back