Advice/Help Containment Facility Universe Advice

Squad141

The Purple Soul
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So, I recently had a cool idea for a containment universe similar to the SCP mythos, but is focused around other cool creatures/objects like Cryptids, Trevor Henderson creatures, etc.

My problem though, is I don't know how to really start the story with players, prompt-wise. Are they founding the organization? Are they simply employees? Are they trying to catch the creatures and objects in this world?
Any advice would be welcome.

You're going to find that most people join your rp to get direction from you, then they branch off and do what they want after the story and theatre of mind is established. So you should have your own plot, then guide them along until they find a tangent, task or idea that compels them to rp further along. Which allows you to react to what they're doing and provide some cool things. If you want them to play the role of founders, you need to give them concrete roles such as: the engineer, the lawyer, businessman, lead hunter etc.

If you want them to be employees, were they former special forces. Are they indoctrinated into this lifestyle since they were teenagers or young adults(18)? After you decide these things, people who are interested will build from there. However, this is something YOU have to decide. No one in this forum can decide for you. But someone can weigh in once you've created something.

If you want to use this forum/thread as a way of hashing out ideas -- you can find that too.

Frankly I think it would be best to have the mysterious organization already established and the players be given some authority within the complex but NEVER all of the information. :D

since there are obviously some gaps in how you want the story to go, what ideas do you have that ARE concrete? perhaps people like me can talk to you about it and in the process the concept gets fleshed out.

Well, the main concepts I know for certain is that:

1. Cryptids and creatures of myth like them exist in this universe.
2. The Foundation (Name in progress) has existed for at least a decade now, but is still fairly empty creature/object wise.
3. The reason I chose to ask (in response to Beckoncall Beckoncall still watching fma still watching fma ) is because I wanted to see what people think is the most endearing take on this, since indecision is my enemy. I know polls exist, but I though real input would be useful.

I think the main issues I have are built around the creation of a feasible organization and the player/character input.

If we were basing it off SCP logic I would happily play any low-level employees that you can kill off on a whim XD

Maybe one of them could become an "instance?" Like a creature starts partially possessing one or being around a creature gives them some sort of powers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back