• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Considering doing a WW3 RP, anybody interested?

Wojak.

The feels man, the feels!
Post name says it all really, but I’ll explain a little further.
I was wondering what would happen if WW3 had started in early 2020, and what this timeline would be like! This is my first time in a nation building RP, so I hope you can all bear with me!

Feel free to ask questions and make suggestions in the replies!

Don't need to take this suggestion, but this concept might be fun with a fictional universe/countries. More flexible in terms of tech, geography, all that stuff, and the players would have more input when it comes making their nations.

Most likely scenario I could picture for something like this is either Russia or China warring with the US. Other countries would join in depending on whether they're more closely aligned to China/Russia, or the US. It could be an interesting concept for a nation RP, but I doubt I'd join in personally. Nation RP's tend to be very mechanically extensive and I definitely prefer the storytelling aspect of RP.

I was actually looking for something like this! I'd love to really focus on the reality and grittiness of war, especially with something so close to our time. We for the specifics of how it starts, there are a few ideas. One is an alternate reality where Ukraine joins NATO, kick-starting a series of events that lead to WWIII, with other powers picking sides soon after. I'll need to do more research to come up with other ideas, as I want the lead up to the war to be at the very least understandable.

Personally, I'd prefer this to be more focused on individuals, with the big strokes of story mostly being in the background, as I much prefer characters over the big picture.

I might be interested. Are there any plans to balance out the playing field among the players? Cause as it stands in reality, WW3 seems like it would be significantly in favour of NATO as long as nukes are not used.

My balancing idea is that it’s an alternative timeline where NATO signed an act to disarm their nuclear weapons until 2025, for the sake of having the fighting be fairer!

( I know that it doesn’t make too much sense, I might edit it later. )

My balancing idea is that it’s an alternative timeline where NATO signed an act to disarm their nuclear weapons until 2025, for the sake of having the fighting be fairer!

( I know that it doesn’t make too much sense, I might edit it later. )
That just gives free nuke pass to Russia and China, while doing nothing to help with the fact that NATO has way more conventional military strength than whoever might end up facing them. If you look at global firepower, NATO members count for three out of top ten largest militaries, represented by US, UK and France. If you count US allies outside of NATO, you also factor in Japan and South Korea, which hold positions 5 and 6 on the aforementioned ranking, respectively. Plus a whole lot of NATO members outside of top 10.

Sure, let’s just say nuclear fission was never used to create bombs! This was gonna be an alternative timeline anyway!

I was also thinking I don’t really know if someone said this earlier or not but you could have the us China and Russia all be against each other because they’re pretty much the largest major powers there are at the moment maybe Korea but with out nukes 🤷

In case I wasn't clear enough earlier, nukes aren't my primary concern. Is there anything planned to level the playing field of conventional warfare? Because as it stands in reality, NATO and their allies are going to pretty much wipe the floor with everyone else.

I was also thinking I don’t really know if someone said this earlier or not but you could have the us China and Russia all be against each other because they’re pretty much the largest major powers there are at the moment maybe Korea but with out nukes 🤷

North Korea (I'm assuming you're referring to North Korea here) is really not a major world player or even a threat, if we're trying to think of a realistic backstory for this. Honestly, I'm still convinced a war between the US and China is the most likely scenario.

Yeah yeah that’s fair and a good point

Yea. Literally the only reason North Korea has nukes is because they're paranoid about being invaded, thus having them as an invader is just not realistic. They wouldn't last long in a war against larger powers anyway. They would be crushed, probably by the US. For them everything is about self-preservation at this point. Has been since the USSR fell.

I think that opens a lot more doors than needs to be becauses what about the countries it used to own what’s their place so I think just sticking to normal Russia would work (this is about the ussr)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back