Other Confused

Bolt TheSuperDog

I’ve made a post about two days ago but nobody replies to them and then I see all these recent posts which are flooded with comments but then if I make a post it’s just over looked. I feel this site just doesn’t have a person to click with me.

I’ve made a post about two days ago but nobody replies to them and then I see all these recent posts which are flooded with comments but then if I make a post it’s just over looked. I feel this site just doesn’t have a person to click with me.

Well, I have a bit more insight then other people because I'm an admin but I've noticed that you are asking for Fandoms that might be a bit obscure to other people. Do your own interest checks, and wait a day or two and see if someone will reply, interjecting into another person's thread will just cause them to ignore you, particularly when they are asking for something specific already.

Alright, I guess I’ll just keep waiting, just makes me lonely when I see all these other posts getting hundreds of thousands of comments and I can’t even get one.

Alright, I guess I’ll just keep waiting, just makes me lonely when I see all these other posts getting hundreds of thousands of comments and I can’t even get one.

It happens, and I can understand that it is frustrating lonely, we are one of the biggest general RP sites around, you'll eventually find the right rp partner for you :)

It happens, and I can understand that it is frustrating lonely, we are one of the biggest general RP sites around, you'll eventually find the right rp partner for you :)

Thing is I’ve found one person but that’s it. And I just don’t see how in the heck all these other people get hundreds of people replying. But I get nothing. Makes me feel like I’m just sitting in a desert watching tumbleweeds roll by. It’s lonely. I hope I get better luck

Thing is I’ve found one person but that’s it. And I just don’t see how in the heck all these other people get hundreds of people replying. But I get nothing. Makes me feel like I’m just sitting in a desert watching tumbleweeds roll by. It’s lonely. I hope I get better luck

Patience is all I can say.

If you could link perhaps to your interest check we might be able to give you some specific feedback on how to spruce it up.

But as Wizard says, when it comes to fandoms specifically you also have to understand that not all fandoms are equally popular. Harry Potter is very popular for instance and most people will have at least a basic idea of what the fandom entails even if they haven't seen the movies/read the books personally. Tamora Pierce on the other hand is a very obscure author, I've been on here for years and have met a grand total of two people who even know who that is much less would be interested in roleplaying that fandom.

One way to get around this is to just do an original roleplay that uses a similar premise. As an example Tamora Pierce has a series where the main focus on people using magic through crafts (gardening, weaving, etc.). So rather than asking for a Tamora Pierce roleplay I'll ask if anyone would be interested in doing a roleplay where people used craft magic (and then explain what that was).

Lastly just because another thread has a lot of replies isn't really indicative of anything. A lot of people re-use threads so if for instance they have had the same thread for a year than it's obviously going to have a lot of posts in it. That doesn't mean all those posts are recent or even that every person that responded to that post became an actual roleplay partner.

Patience is definately a virtue but also not comparing yourself to others. Roleplaying isn't a competition. It isn't a popularity contest either. It's a bit like eating a buffet. There are a lot of different options, and every person is going to have their favorites. But just because a lot of people seem to like Chicken and not as many people like Fish doesn't mean that Chicken is objectively better than Fish. It just means that the people that like Fish either haven't made it to the buffet yet or maybe they just aren't hungry.

You may not want to hear it from someone who turned you down before, but I'll write this anyway, and hopefully it can help you (or others who might also read it).

The most glaring problem with your interest checks is that there is no appeal to them. You are open for a lot of things, but you there's no sign of any work done to make yourself appealing to work with. All of your interests checks have two things:
1. What you want to roleplay
2. Anyone want to roleplay?

This is not enough. Other people may be getting answers, but if you click on those threads they'll either be using stuff that's a lot more popular, or in most cases they'll have far more developed interest checks. Nobody will roleplay with you as a favor- even if someone made such a mistake, they would end up ghosting you, I guarantee. "Do you have any ideas", "I'm bored" "wouldn't mind roleplaying with me", these phrases can kill your interest check, because they make you less appealing, not more. It's no about people minding or not minding roleplaying with you, it's about making them want to roleplay with you. The interest is not about you, it's about the other person. It's about what they stand to gain, what they get to roleplay, what you can give to them. It's less about whether you have a problem, and more than you don't show yourself to have anything to give.

And no, this cannot be done in the discussion after. Interest checks are a market. Nobody's going to look into it further if your pitch doesn't work for them, better than the other ones. To use an example from when we talked: Maybe you shouldn't judge the book by it's cover, but when there are tweny books and you only have time for maybe two, you're going to pick the ones you choose based on the cover. Not because the cover is the end of the story- but because it is the only indicative of the story you really have access to.

So, try adding more appeal to your interest checks. Add more information, make them more organized. Learn to post your attachments. Add some ideas of your own for potential plots. Things like that. Maybe a writing sample, if you are confident in your writing style but don't think it is reflected in your interest checks and everyday conversation.

As it stands, here's one glaring reason why your interest checks don't get nearly the kind of traffic others do. On the left is all your interest checks , compared to one decent interest check on the right.

I role play as Bolt the dog from Disney’s Bolt and I also role play as Blue from Jurassic World! Hoping to find new friends who like to role play as much as me
I role play as Bolt the dog and blue the velociraptor! Trying to find people who wouldn’t mind role playing with me 🍪
Anyone ever like to role play Jurassic World?
I call Blue 🐾

I like to put other characters in other people’s role plays 🐾💙
Anyone like to role play Disney?
Any character except my Bolt self! 🐾🐶
Anyone like to do a Jurassic World role play? I’ll be Blue! 💙💙
Anyone like to do a Disney role play with my Bolt self?
Anyone like to do any kind of role play? I’ll always be Bolt! 🐾
Anyone have any ideas? I’m a bored super dog! Maybe movie role play or pet? Anyone have better ideas? 🐶🍪
Anyone like to play with my Bolt self or do a pet role play?? 🐾💙🐶

Anyone like to role play Disney or a movie role play?
About me:
- 24-year-old female who has a job, school, and a handsome boyfriend.
- I am very patient. Need time to respond? Totally fine!
- Pms or threads are fine!
- I can write however much you like. I will never one-line you though. I will at minimum write about a paragraph. However, I can write very many paragraphs.
- I love oc x canon. I would prefer to double if you want me to play a canon for you! Oc x oc is fine too. Maybe canon x canon if we can double with one of the other two.
- I'm fine with any/all sexualities. c: m//, f//, or m/f. Even Love triangles and harems. I can play either gender!
- Obviously, I'm looking for a romantic roleplay at least in some aspect! I'm mostly looking for a dark romantic comedy type thing with lots of crazy stuff!
- I can play 1-10 characters. As many side characters as needed.
- I'm very friendly. I love hearing about people's ocs, and I like it when we both give ideas and can adore all our characters.
- I write in third person only. c:
- PM me! I do not check this!

Fandoms:
My preferred role is bolded!

(Harem idea?) - Means I have a harem idea for this that I'd love to do! Please feel free to ask!
* - Craving

Undertale/Deltarune
Sans x Oc*
Papyrus x Oc
Grillby x Oc
Chara(Any gender/no gender) x Oc
Frisk(Any gender/no gender)
x Oc
Ralsei(Perhaps dark AU?) x Oc

Tokyo Mew Mew
Kisshu x Oc*
Pai x Oc
Oc-based roleplay (Harem idea?)*

Danganronpa
Gonna make this easier because I have a lot on here!
I can play as: Hinata, Naegi, Basically any female, Chihiro, Mondo, Fuyuhiko, Rantaro, Kazuichi, Kiyotaka, Kaito and ocs.
I'd love for you to play: Ouma, Nagito, Junko, Mikan, Byakuya(Paired with an oc or toko actually), Shuichi(Paired with an oc or Kaede. If this one is a mastermind AU or pregame AU, I'd love it!), a humanized demon Monokuma(I got a plot for this), Takumi(If you read that manga), Ryota(again, a mastermind AU of sorts would be interesting!), and ocs to double!

Oc-based roleplay (Harem idea?)*

Gravity Falls (All characters aged up/down(for the older ones only)) *
Older!Dipper x Oc
Older!Mabel x Oc
Wendy x Oc
Older!Gideon x Oc
Bill x Oc
Ford x Oc
Stan
x Oc

Cookie Run (Human versions only!)
Open to suggestions!

Wadanohara And The Great Blue Sea
Sal x Oc
Samekichi
x Oc
Idate x Oc
Fukami x Oc

Harvest Moon
A harem plot based on the series with perhaps a dark twist? Or something completely fluffy!

Fruits Basket
I'd like to do an oc version, plus I have a new twist to the Zodiac story. c:

Miraculous Ladybug
Adrien x oc (I'm good either role)
Nathaniel x oc
Luka
x oc
Ocs

Invader Zim
Dib x oc*

Heathers
A plot similar but in a college setting. c:*

As you can see, the one interest check is bigger than all of yours, combined. Your interest checks focus entirely on the character you want to play and in begginging for someone to come and play with you. Theirs starts by giving what kind of roleplayer they are, their overall tastes, then proceeds to provide a series of options that are varied but still concrete.

Another thing you could to try to help yourself is post less interest checks. Posting an interest check every couple of days makes you appear needy, impatient and desperate- which regardless of you in fact being any of those things, or not, is a very bad impression to give to potential partners.

I know the words I'm telling you are harsh, but this is the reality- you don't just have to be an acceptable partner, you have to be better than the alternative if you want to succeed. You need to think about and give the other person what they like to see.

I'm going to leave here my Principles of a Good Interest Check for your viewing, if you're interested.

Either way, best of luck and happy RPing!

I agree with Idea Idea - and yeah, it's not a good idea to make multiple interest checks. Most people only have one interest check that they continuously bump whenever it falls behind a few pages. So it's a good idea to make just one interest check and bump it/update it when it needs updating, rather than making a brand new one.

I agree with Idea Idea - and yeah, it's not a good idea to make multiple interest checks. Most people only have one interest check that they continuously bump whenever it falls behind a few pages. So it's a good idea to make just one interest check and bump it/update it when it needs updating, rather than making a brand new one.

Thanks talking potato

Just to add- but don't bump it too much. Not only does it look just as bad, you get flagged for spam over it.

Oh don't let us intimidate you, not everyone needs long interest checks but a bit of information is essential

- What are you interested in roleplaying
ex. "I'm looking for animal roleplays with a preference for dog characters. I am open to coming up plots with my partners."

- How often you are interested in replying
ex. "I can reply once a day and I'm looking for a partner who can reply at least once every other day."

- How long your posts are
ex. "I can write a paragraph per post and I am looking for a partner who can write similar."

- (Optional) Dealbreakers
ex. "I don't like romance roleplays so I would prefer pairings be platonic."

When it comes to having a single thread I find that you can bump it at least once a day (unless it hasn't moved from the front page.)

Oh don't let us intimidate you, not everyone needs long interest checks but a bit of information is essential

- What are you interested in roleplaying
ex. "I'm looking for animal roleplays with a preference for dog characters. I am open to coming up plots with my partners."

- How often you are interested in replying
ex. "I can reply once a day and I'm looking for a partner who can reply at least once every other day."

- How long your posts are
ex. "I can write a paragraph per post and I am looking for a partner who can write similar."

- (Optional) Dealbreakers
ex. "I don't like romance roleplays so I would prefer pairings be platonic."

When it comes to having a single thread I find that you can bump it at least once a day (unless it hasn't moved from the front page.)

I don’t know how to bump anything

Just to add- but don't bump it too much. Not only does it look just as bad, you get flagged for spam over it.
yeah forgot to mention this. Once a day is good!

And like rae2nerdy rae2nerdy mentioned - having just a few things about yourself and your writing style + your preferences is a good thing to have in an interest check. You don't need to make a huge long post, so please don't let that intimidate you! It's just that most people would prefer to know a bit more about you, such as what you like and dislike, what kind of plotlines you want to do, and what people can except from you (such as how often you'll post and how much you write).

Hello there! Here's my two cents- and I apologize if I end up just parroting someone else's words.
Just made a post with more detail.
It will be my last post for a while cause you guys make me nervous. So there 🐾
But just to start off the bat- don't take the criticism negatively. Not as in "ignore the parts that make you feel bad"- but I am 99% certain no one here is being nasty, and I wouldn't take it as people ganging up/trying to intimidate you. Except Idea Idea - he scares me (just kidding ily). But regardless- I wouldn't take this as a reason to leave/stop trying, I'd take the advice and use it to your advantage- since it could lead to you finding the partner you want! Now, while I don't really know the majority of people here (except Idea- and I'll be honest, he's typically right on the money with things/knows what he's talking about), but what everyone's saying makes sense/I'd continue to try to apply it.

Now, onto the thing itself!

I role play as Bolt the dog from Disney’s Bolt! White tail all parts of me is white.
In can take anywhere in Penny’s house or in a whole different movie all together I’m fine with anything as long as who ever role plays with me likes me for being unique.

Hoping the weather setting can be rainy!

Now, this is all how I personally view things, and I do apologize if I come across as rude/harsh.

But for one, you have absolutely no information pertaining to yourself- except "I roleplay as Bolt the dog"- no one knows anything about you. Not saying they need to know your life story/real life stuff, but they don't know your post length, availability, preference for romance, etc. That in general just turns me off.

Another issue is that there's no real plot ideas. That's a personal turn off- and probably applies to other people, and the hint of a plot idea you gave is very... open ended. I've never watched whatever the movie Bolt the Dog is from, so I don't think I could comment too much. But the idea seems flimsy with little direction, and if it's more of a "sandbox" roleplay those tend to tire out very fast when they have no driving force in it, and are less appealing then a developed plot.

Small demographic still.

And well- the fact that the only requirement is them having to like you for being unique is just kinda... "eh" to me. Not too sure what it is- but kind of just rubbed me the wrong way as a little conceited, but that's just me nit-picking the hell out of it.

Also- lack of appeal for the other person. When I see an interest check that has no development/lack of information/nothing really in it for me, I just hit the "back" button and look for something that would catch my eye. People would rather message someone who does have all of those things, then taking the "will this work" roulette and message you due to potential partnership.

~~~~

My apologies if a lot of this just sounds like idiotic gibberish/is pretty short/doesn't go into too much depth- but hopefully it does make sense on some level. But this was all probably covered before- and if it was, it still applies to your new thread.

Hello there! Here's my two cents- and I apologize if I end up just parroting someone else's words.

But just to start off the bat- don't take the criticism negatively. Not as in "ignore the parts that make you feel bad"- but I am 99% certain no one here is being nasty, and I wouldn't take it as people ganging up/trying to intimidate you. Except Idea Idea - he scares me (just kidding ily). But regardless- I wouldn't take this as a reason to leave/stop trying, I'd take the advice and use it to your advantage- since it could lead to you finding the partner you want! Now, while I don't really know the majority of people here (except Idea- and I'll be honest, he's typically right on the money with things/knows what he's talking about), but what everyone's saying makes sense/I'd continue to try to apply it.

Now, onto the thing itself!

Now, this is all how I personally view things, and I do apologize if I come across as rude/harsh.

But for one, you have absolutely no information pertaining to yourself- except "I roleplay as Bolt the dog"- no one knows anything about you. Not saying they need to know your life story/real life stuff, but they don't know your post length, availability, preference for romance, etc. That in general just turns me off.

Another issue is that there's no real plot ideas. That's a personal turn off- and probably applies to other people, and the hint of a plot idea you gave is very... open ended. I've never watched whatever the movie Bolt the Dog is from, so I don't think I could comment too much. But the idea seems flimsy with little direction, and if it's more of a "sandbox" roleplay those tend to tire out very fast when they have no driving force in it, and are less appealing then a developed plot.

Small demographic still.

And well- the fact that the only requirement is them having to like you for being unique is just kinda... "eh" to me. Not too sure what it is- but kind of just rubbed me the wrong way as a little conceited, but that's just me nit-picking the hell out of it.

Also- lack of appeal for the other person. When I see an interest check that has no development/lack of information/nothing really in it for me, I just hit the "back" button and look for something that would catch my eye. People would rather message someone who does have all of those things, then taking the "will this work" roulette and message you due to potential partnership.

~~~~

My apologies if a lot of this just sounds like idiotic gibberish/is pretty short/doesn't go into too much depth- but hopefully it does make sense on some level. But this was all probably covered before- and if it was, it still applies to your new thread.
I totally agree with this.
We’re really not trying to be mean or harsh, we’re trying to help you find the best RP partners possible! So we’re just trying to help - please don’t be intimidated.

Maybe this will help...
When you create a search thread, make sure to answer these questions:

1: what type of RP do you want? Obviously you want to RP as Bolt, but is there anything else you want to RP? Having your options open makes you more accessible to write with, but you don’t need to list a bunch of options if you’re not actually interested in them. (Please do be aware, however, that Bolt is a relatively obscure fandom and it may take you a while to find an RP partner.)
2: what are your likes and dislikes? What are your favorite things in an RP or in a story in general? Maybe you love romance. Maybe you hate it and you prefer platonic relationships. Simply make a little list of things in an RP or in writing in general that you like or dislike.
3: how long are your RP posts? Do you make short posts on a regular basis (such as a sentence or two) or do you write posts that are multiple paragraphs?
4: how often can you post? Are you online daily and can you reply to an RP daily? Or would you prefer to post once every few days or once a week?
5: what do you expect from other people? How much do you want them write per post, and how often do you want them to reply to the RP?
6: what can you offer other people? Can you say that you have a good grasp of the English language and good grammar? Basically, for this question, just list any of your good writing qualities and talents!
7: what plot ideas do you have? Having a few specific ideas is good - ideas that have a clear conflict/villain or something similar. A lot of people list simple prompts as a plot idea, and that can be okay too. You could do the same if you’d like.
Here’s an example of some fun prompts; you could google other prompts or come up with your own, of course

These questions may seem intimidating at first, but I promise they aren’t! Once you start answering them I think you’ll find they aren’t so difficult. Your answers don’t necessarily have to be long and rambling either (like I know I’ve rambled here, I’m sorry).

If you’d like an example, I can answer all the questions I asked.
Hi, I’m Phoenix. I want to do some fantasy RPs.

I like urban fantasy and medieval fantasy. I don’t like anything that takes place in or around the Victorian era, though.
I like platonic relationships and I don’t like romance.

My posts can range anywhere from a few sentences (when things in the RP are slow) to multiple paragraphs. It all depends on what’s going on in the RP.
I can post every few days, sometimes once a day, but not too often.
I have a good grasp of the English language; I’ve been RPing for almost 10 years and writing stories for even longer.

I expect my RP partners to write posts of similar lengths as me - short posts are totally fine, but I’d like to see some longer posts occasionally too!
Please have a decent grasp of the English language. You don’t need to be perfect of course, but your writing should be coherent and nice to read. I’d like you to be able to post a few times a week, or at least once a week. Please let me know if you’ll be gone for a week or more.

Some prompt ideas:
- [medieval fantasy] There’s an old, crumbling castle near your character’s village. It’s rumored to be cursed, so nobody goes near it... until one day, your character’s curiosity gets the better of them. They wander in and find my character, an ancient being who devours anyone that trespasses in their castle. Maybe these two will form an unlikely friendship.
- [urban fantasy] Our characters are mythical beings in an alternate version of earth where magic is widely known about and accepted. How does the earth change with the inclusion of magic and magical races? Maybe there are hunters working in the black market trades, killing off magical beings and selling them... and our characters have to hide from these hunters.

Yours can be even shorter than the example I’ve shown if you’d like! Just as long as you clearly answer the questions I mentioned.
Best of luck!

Last edited:
Also in addition as you seem to be most interested just making friends you don’t actually need to roleplay to do that. You can make a thread about Bolt General Discussion

And just make friends that way without having to deal with the intimidation of roleplaying.

Also if you are wanting to make friends with your partner think of your search thread like an introduction.

Right now your potential friends don’t know anything about you personally other than you think your unique. And it puts them in an awkward position as what happens if they don’t think your unique after all?

They can still think your a fun person and nice to hang out with just not particularly different than other people in their life.

That’s why it’s better to stick to your likes/dislikes in your search thread and let the person become friends with you in the OOC organically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back