• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Help Confused on dice mechanics.

Roaring_Dragon

A vagabond of the lavish jungles of my mind
Hi y'all!

I'm pretty new to this website and would like some help from the masters. I've been freeform Rping for many many years, yet on this website I have stumbled upon the mechanics of dice. I've been trying to wrap my head around it but I do not feel confident enough to participate in a Dice RP. So far, i know that a lot of dice RPs are similar to the D&D mechanics. Having never played D&D however, I am quite stuck in terms of how one creates a character and assigns their stat points . Not only that, I don't quite understand how to apply these stats to rolls.
Does anyone know of a comprehensive starter guide either on website or elsewhere that a Dice noob can learn the mechanics from?
Also as a request, is a DM recruiting beginners so that I can learn the ropes?

Thank you!

I always have room for newbies at my table, if you'd like to browse my wares.

Every system uses different mechanics, so there's no easy answer to that question. The best way to find out is to read an RPG book or quickstart guide, or to learn by playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back