Experiences Confessions as a FXF Roleplayer

Sapphic

Sad Lesbian
So, we all have our preferences. Maybe you do supernatural roleplays only. Or you won't touch a thread unless it's a romance and you can make character sheets for it. Maybe you exclusively roleplay two background character from the obscure 2004 anime Love Love. And that's fine, we all enjoy what we enjoy and as long as it isn't incest, pedophilia, or r*pe, we should be allowed to enjoy it. That said, certain rpers may find it harder to find potential partners than others, especially if you suck at tagging (me). So that's what I'm talking about today.

I pretty much exclusively roleplay fxf.I have no interest in mxm (just not my thing), and I am really not a fan of mxf (blah, boring same old same old straight people). If you want me to break fxf, you have to have a damn good plot.

If you've ever looked through the 1x1 roleplays, you know what I'm talking about. mxf, mxf, mxf, mxm, mxm, mxf, mxm, etc. No one ever wants to roleplay fxf except lesbians, bi, and pan gals. Most straight girls are interested in mxm or mxf, most straight guys are into mxf, and most gay dudes are into mxf. So searching for other girls who want to roleplay lady love is really hard! And of the few that do want to, how many of them are actually good roleplayers/come up with interesting and intriguing plots? and of THAT minority of people, how many are interesetd in the same genre as you? It's so small and difficult. You never see fxf requests in the interest check threads, etiher. At least, not as many as others. It sure gets frustrating!

And, not to be mean, no offense, but I had a really bad experience rping fxf with a guy and now at this point I only want to do it with other girls. It's a real mess. any other fxf rpers feel me?

I'm the exact opposite of you. I avoid romantic and 1x1 RPs like thr plague. Group fun with pew pew lasers and jokes are a lot more fun to me.

From what I understand the problem your running into is well for lack of better word - attraction.

Women roleplay as gay men because they want to roleplay a love story where their character has the same physical/romantic attraction as them. So that’s why straight girls rarely play female x female roleplays. As they aren’t attracted to women so it makes it harder for them to get into the characters and love story. I assume it’s similar with gay men and male x female. As at least one person is playing the character that shares there IRL attraction.

It’s also why your getting predominately gay/bi/pan girls as your partners.

Now personally I’m aromantic with very little sexual attraction to anyone. So it makes no difference to me if I’m playing a lesbian or a gay man. I’m not emotionally invested in the romance anyway so I don’t care. Unfortunately that makes romance roleplays rather difficult for me.

I can’t really offer any advice but as a platonic 1x1 roleplayer I can commiserate. Finding someone who doesn’t want romance is a bit like looking long for a unicorn. I wish you luck in finding your Pegasus :)

If nothing else your not the only one looking for rare mythical beast partners

No advice, unfortunately but I totally feel you. If it helps, though, when I d find appropriate partners, they're amazing writers.

I have a partner who isn't comfortable with me RPing FxF (which I totally get) but I'm still in touch with a few good past partners if you're interested.

I have a few disagreements with you on topic of what can be roleplayed (namely you point out a few cases you don't think should be allowed, whereas I'd argue the only thing that shouldn't absolutely be allowed is anything that breaks the site rules), but overall I understand where you're coming from to an extent. It's pretty frustrating when you want to roleplay something niche so badly and it ends up being something nobody wants to roleplay.

I think what RPs are taken can easily be viewed as a free market. You are free to look and open yourself up to whatever you like... but there isn't anything against you or anything if you don't happen to find it. If you can't find what you want you can either try to change your approach, open yourself up a little more or keep trying your luck even if it keeps being to no avail.

To put it another way, the fish are there and how many you catch will depend on the luck of your timing and size of the net you cast. FxF isn't that restrictive a net, I know because I personally roleplay both MxF and FxF, then you essentially cut out half the population of RPers to work with by removing anyone who isn't a liar and belongs to the male gender, which in turn cuts even more people when you consider anyone who may be offput by such a decision. Narrow it down further by genre and a few other factors and what you get is a pretty small net with big holes, you need plenty of luck to catch fish.

What this means is that I have no advise that can really make you happy in this case. Your problem has two solutions: Luck or opening yourself more. Of course, neither option is mandatory, they simply are solutions. There ARE people out there, I guarantee who match what you want and if you keep looking for them under your terms, more power to you! But if you want to improve your odds, there is also a path, even if it involves compromise.

Well, in any case, you are free to take this however you want. I hope it proves helpful though, one way or the other.

Happy Rping and good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back