• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Conan the Road of Kings

Deviltigerr

Elder Member
“When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse’s feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back.”
-The Road of Kings From "Phoenix on the Sword"
This is the world of the Hyborian Age, a time of adventures, thieves, barbarians and fortune seekers. This adventure begins in a classic Conan fashion, from rags to riches, where your character begins as slaves in the Red Pit and you will fight your way out of the pit and gain your freedom!

This Conan game uses the 2d20 system from Mophidius.

I'm aware that many people don't have the system or familiar with it, so willing to help with making a character in the hyborian age.

Quick and Easy character creation: Random character creation roll 9d20 and I'll tell you the results. But you will still get to choose, if you obtain barbarian for example but your heart was set on playing a scholar, just let me know and adjustments will be made, the goal at the end of the day is to play what you want to play. Yes Sorcery is available, usually depend on your tradition will get into more details about it later.

It would allow you to build a concept and background, maybe even establish what your character goals are in the Hyborian age.

Nice, if any questions don't hesitate to ask or you can start rolling it's really pretty straightforward and we can talk about your options while I'll tell you the results.

You can do there or here, the quick random character generation is just for people in case of , if they don't have the book and the like. With the book you can pick and choose or roll, depending on what you like.

Guess one last piece of advice don't worry too much about a common language or worst comes to worst, save one language to establish a common tongue with other players.

But well, would recommend to read the box about languages on p. 70, some languages share enough in common that understanding someone else is not a problem.

Essentially just saying, do what you want play and the rest will be handled later.

Tossed together a random dude using the online generator, mostly randoming my choices. Looks amusing, although I might have to fine tune him, unless you think he's fine.

Attachments

• Conan Character Picture.jpg
    Conan Character Picture.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 5
It's good, of course fine tune mostly the fluff really since story and the likes ask you a few questions. Also due to your circumstances at the beginning of the game (no loot) in the red pit as one of the slaves down there.

Yup of course in all Conan fashion there will be plenty of improvised weapons/armor/shields and of course...wrestle gear from your captors.

I've been looking for some dice based stuff to get into if you guys are still up for helping out someone who's never played and doesn't have the books lol

So let's say I've rolled:

What kind of character would that make?

Enemy Standoo Enemy Standoo :

Let see:

Homeland : Argos
Talent: Sea Raider (sailing difficulty tests in your homeland waters are reduced by 1. Any athletics tests related to swimming are also reduced by 1)
Language: Argossean

In Conan you start with 7 in all attributes:

Awareness 7
Brawn 7
Coordination 7
Intelligence 7
Personality 7
Willpower 7

Your attributes aspect:
Wise and Friendly: Mandatory attributes (Intelligence and Personality), Optional (Coordination, Brawn)
Acute and Aware: Mandatory attributes (Awareness and Intelligence), Optional (Agility, Coordination)

Among the 4 mandatory attributes choose one best (+3) bonus, one worst (+1) bonus, The other mandatory attributes get (+2).

Then choose one Optional attribute from each aspect, it gets (+1).

Caste: Herder
Caste talents: Sentry, Subject
Skill gained: Animal Handling 1 (1)
Social standing: 1

Story: Decimated Herd
Trait: Survivor

Archetype: Nomad (While Nomad is what you rolled, you could consider doing a Pirate archetype instead but if you want to stick to Nomad, you will get more bonuses to Animal Handling and survival in general), if you don't mind, I will give more details about Nomad archetype skills and bonuses.

Nature: Practical (+1 to coordination; +1 skill expertise and focus to Discipline, Craft and Healing; +1 skill expertise and +1 skill focus to two of the followings: Alchemy, Animal Handling, or Observation. One talent with any of the skills above, will discuss more about it later if you confirm some choices above.)

Education Largely Absent Parents: (+1 skill expertise and focus to Athletics, Persuade and your character career skill;
+1 skill expertise and +1 skill focus to two of the followings: Acrobatics, Observation, Resistance. One talent to any of the above skills.)

War Story: Survived a Stint at Court (+1 expertise and focus to Insight and Society)

there are many choices to make and talk about, but first if you want to stick to Nomad, we will go from there but first things, make choices for your attributes and feel free to ask questions.

This is probably my first Dice RP, so this should be a good experience.
Here are my rolls:

Alright let see what we got, I'll help get familiar with it:

Homeland: Aquilonia
Talent: Cosmopolitan, Essentially if you meet someone with cosmopolitan, even if you don't share a language you can understand each other.
Language: Aquilonian

In Conan you start with 7 in all attributes:

Awareness 7
Brawn 7
Coordination 7
Intelligence 7
Personality 7
Willpower 7

Your attributes aspects:
Dexterous: Mandatory Attributes (Agility and Coordination), Optional attributes (Brawn, Willpower)
Warrior-Born: Mandatory Attributes (Awareness and Brawn), Optional attributes (Agility, Coordination)

Among the 4 mandatory attributes choose one best (+3) bonus, one worst (+1) bonus, The other mandatory attributes get (+2).

Then choose one Optional attribute from each aspect, it gets (+1).

Caste: Farmer
Caste Talents: Homesteader, Subject
Skill gained: Animal Handling

Farmer story:
Blessed Harvests: Essentially everything went well, what is your family doing now?

Archetype: Noble Warrior
Career Skill: Society +2 expertise/+2 focus
Talent: A Modicum of Comfort
Mandatory Skills: +1 expertise/+1 focus to Acrobatics, Animal Handling, Parry and Resistance
Elective skills: Choose two of the following to get +1 expertise/+1 focus: Melee, Persuade or Ranged Weapons.
Equipment: No need to worry about that due to starting as a slave in the Red Pit.

Nature: Stoic
Attribute improvement: +1 willpower
Mandatory Skills: +1 expertise/+1 focus to Discipline, Lore, Resistance.
Elective skills: Choose two of the following to get +1 expertise/+1 focus: Counsel, Healing or Parry.
Talent: Choose one talent from any of the above skills. (will talk about it, depending on what you want to do)

Educated on the Battlefield
Mandatory Skills:
+1 expertise/+1 focus to Acrobatics, Healing and Survival
Elective skills: Choose two of the following to get +1 expertise/+1 focus: Melee, Parry, Ranged weapons
Talent: One talent from the above skills (will talk about it, depending on what you want to do)

War Story: Defeated a Savage Beast, +1 expertise/+1 focus to Animal Handling and Melee.

I know you are going to have a lot of questions, so will try to give as much explanation as possible and guide you through the process. Don't be shy on the questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back