• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Community Through Captivity Needs Captives- I mean, players!

Haruhi Suzumiya

An Adorable Entity
You awaken feeling... Strange, and a headache drones near your temples. You remember passing out late at night, but you remember nothing else. Dazed and disoriented, you struggle to your feet and look around. Within moments, a voice comes over what seems to be a PA system rings in your ears--

Good morning, captives, and welcome to your new home. This building is made to offer everything each of you could possibly need, including food, water, clothes, electricity, and even some sources of entertainment. You have complete freedom here, as there are no laws unless you create them here. No rights or rules exist, aside from these: You may not contact the outside world without being permitted and you cannot attempt to escape or destroy this building. Breaking either of these two rules will result in the death of everybody in the building. Enjoy and do avoid killing each other for a while.

Something seems wrong about this. Something seems very, very wrong about this. Have you been captured or something? Now you're in what's probably the closest thing to a madhouse you've ever seen... With who knows who or what else is in this place. No escape? No outside contact?

You'll need to get used to the people here, because they're the only people you'll be allowed to speak to from now on.

---

In short? About a dozen people have been trapped in a building together with no laws, rights, or any restrictions aside from three things: No attempts to destroy the building, no non-permitted contact with the outside world, and no escape. Breaking those rules will result in the death of everyone inside the building, as stated in the little pilot-overview-thing, but aside from that the people in the building are left to do whatever they want. Do you think your character is strong enough to become the all-powerful dictator of the building? Take the armory, gather a few soldiers and take the place by storm. Want to start flat-out killing people just because? Do that, then, but good luck not being killed yourself. Want to make laws, so people don't start killing each other? Sure, seems like a good enough idea, but how is another question.

What's the point, you may be asking? What's the plot? Well, that's up to the captives-- Er, players. They need to decide what to do with everything. Well, everything reasonable, because this is a 'realistic' roleplay, with the exception of an infinite supply of food, water, and other such things.

Interested in joining? Well, I didn't do the concept justice with this post, so hooray! Seriously, join. It's gonna be cool. I hope.

http://www.rpnation.com/threads/community-through-captivity.72100/

I think this looks very interesting. I want to join, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to. I'll try though ^.^

This all looks interesting to me, and I especially like that unique character sheet. I'm still mulling over whether or not I want to join or not though, as it'll really all depend on the strength of the characters as to how well this works imo. We shall see. But for now, count me as interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back