• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Commission [1/4 available] Fantasy Sketches, Grumkins and Snarks! [Commish info-first post!]

Art question:

When you draw, how much do you use references vs using your imagination? ☺️ Probably a dumb question haha, but I’ve heard arguments saying artists should use them all the time, and saying they should use them minimally. What would you suggest for a beginning artist from your experience?

If I join, will you change "fan club" to "cult"?

I’ll send the suggestion over to the club manager!

Art question:

When you draw, how much do you use references vs using your imagination? ☺ Probably a dumb question haha, but I’ve heard arguments saying artists should use them all the time, and saying they should use them minimally. What would you suggest for a beginning artist from your experience?

I use references whenever I have trouble drawing something off the top of my head, particularly with shading objects or clothing. However I don’t think you should completely rely on them. For instance, copying a human pose reference mindlessly without really understanding the anatomy behind it will most likely result in weird mistakes and a less ‘flowy’, organic look. Imo references should serve as inspiraton and guidance, but not replace actual practice.

Finished! If you ever commission me and wonder what the heck's taking so long it's because I probably started over 8 times.

I can't believe how beautiful
she is! You did her such an amazing justice!
<3 Nascha is such a queen

My girl is GORGEOUSSSSSS!!!!! <3 <3 <3
You're so talented and you did such a phenomenal job with her. Totally captured her essence!
Could blubber and sniffle over it all day long 😭

Guys, I posted a POLL! Please cast your vote for what I should do next! The result will likely be up sometime this month 💜

Users who are viewing this thread

Back