• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Commission [1/4 available] Fantasy Sketches, Grumkins and Snarks! [Commish info-first post!]

I read your rant and it hits a little close to home. Probably worthy of its own thread honestly. Comparing myself to others has been down right crippling at times, even though I know it's not good it's still difficult to fight off the feelings of inadequacy at times. It's good you haven't given up and keep making progress, love the art as always.

I read your rant and it hits a little close to home. Probably worthy of its own thread honestly. Comparing myself to others has been down right crippling at times, even though I know it's not good it's still difficult to fight off the feelings of inadequacy at times. It's good you haven't given up and keep making progress, love the art as always.
The thing that keeps me going is occasionally seeing improvement, which gets me a bit more excited to create. Before I got into med school everyone told me I would stop drawing because of time and I'm glad I did not, I'm grateful I have this gift and I take a lot of pride in having a unique talent like this.

However that doesn't stop me from worrying about it, wanting to give up at times, feeling like I'm not going anywhere and not improving at all. It's painful but it's also rewarding.

I’m also sharing this one that I made now. I was feeling kind of down today (hence the rant whoops) and I have this habit of mimicking the faces I draw WHILE drawing them (for some reason?) so this spiked my mood a bit. Also, I’ve missed drawing facial expressions since I never do those for commission work.

6E47D3DC-20F7-4377-8DDD-29B1555795C3.jpeg

Why don't you do facial expressions for commissions? That's an adorable face there!

Why don't you do facial expressions for commissions? That's an adorable face there!

Thank you! 💗

It’s because people usually request classic character portraits that depict certain subtle moods and accentuated facial expressions would be out of place in those contexts. Not to mention they’re particularly difficult to paint, sketching is the easy part!

I’m also sharing this one that I made now. I was feeling kind of down today (hence the rant whoops) and I have this habit of mimicking the faces I draw WHILE drawing them (for some reason?) so this spiked my mood a bit. Also, I’ve missed drawing facial expressions since I never do those for commission work.

View attachment 683180
Awe! She's so happy! How fricken cute, lovely pencil work I could stare at stuff like this for hours

I've been going to the gym and tryina be the healthiest version of myself so imma at least paint candy if I can't eat it

Give this a 🍪 if it made you smile too 💗

candy.png

WILL work on commissions please don't kill me. I really wanted to paint a lil somethin' for myself.

Hells yeah you don't want to feel like art is just a chore to satisfy others. Do your personal stuff!

Hells yeah you don't want to feel like art is just a chore to satisfy others. Do your personal stuff!
I still absolutely ADORE bringing other people’s characters to life! (I wouldn’t do commissions if I didn’t want to invest my free time into that) But sometimes I just get an idea and feel the need to paint it even if it doesn’t relate to commissions 😊

I still absolutely ADORE bringing other people’s characters to life! (I wouldn’t do commissions if I didn’t want to invest my free time into that) But sometimes I just get an idea and feel the need to paint it even if it doesn’t relate to commissions 😊

Well of course. No ones forcing you to do it, but it's easy to get burned out only doing stuff for other people.

I wanted to put a heart on it but you said cookie if it made you smile, and it made me smile. <3

Thank you Kaerri Kaerri for allowing me to paint something a little bit different and fun, and play with facial expressions a tad more!

I'm not seeing people talk about this on here, due to the new pandemic our Uni was closed until March 31st, so now I have some more time to paint and go outside (the perks of living in a small town!) inbetween catching up with online lectures.

g (1).png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back