• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help Columns- a way to complete?

Idea

The Pun Tyrant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hello there!

So I'm working on a little something with divs, and I noticed I had a slight problem. I am trying to put columns with different text and backgrounds contained within a div with a particular background of its own. However, the basic BB column code has the problem that the right column leaves a space to the right of itself, and the left column leaves a space to the left of itself, thus a little space is created that I don't want to see there.

So, what I would like assistance with, if you'd be so kind, would be one of two things:
*Either I would want a way to make the columns complete themselves by occupying that space they normally leave

or

*I would want a way to have different backgrounds within the same div's space (specifically, assigning a color to the edge of the background, before the border).

Thank you for your assistance and/or for reading! I hope you have a great dya or night!

That is how columns work, they have a small gap between them. You'd have to use just straight-up divs. There is some old bbcode hack thingy somewhere that removes the 'gutters'. Otherwise use divs as inline-blocks, or floating them depending on what you want to have done might be easier.

That is how columns work, they have a small gap between them. You'd have to use just straight-up divs. There is some old bbcode hack thingy somewhere that removes the 'gutters'. Otherwise use divs as inline-blocks, or floating them depending on what you want to have done might be easier.
I see. It's a bit roundabout, but I managed to find some makeshift solution in the end. Thanks for trying to help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back