• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help Column Methods for Divs?

Quincunx

inactive
Aka "why aren't my flex boxes the same size?"

I am trying to use divs to make multiple-column layouts (and possibly grid layouts if I get ambitious enough). But when I try to use flexboxes or inline-blocks, one always winds up being slightly taller than the other, even though the heights I gave them should indicate otherwise. Is there another way I can make multi-column layouts with divs, and/or a fix for the issue with the codes I've tried?

Are you doing linebreaks between the divs?

[div=stuff here]text here[/div]
[div=stuff here 2]text here[/div]

Divs don't act like spans so it needs to be right against each other.
[div=stuff here]text here[/div][div=stuff here 2]text here[/div]

Are you doing linebreaks between the divs?

[div=stuff here]text here[/div]
[div=stuff here 2]text here[/div]

Divs don't act like spans so it needs to be right against each other.
[div=stuff here]text here[/div][div=stuff here 2]text here[/div]
Hmm, it looks like that was the problem. Thank you for helping; if there seems to be any other issue, I'll post here again.

psst... use [nobr][/nobr] and [br][/br] to stop and create line breaks respectively.

psst... use [nobr][/nobr] and [br][/br] to stop and create line breaks respectively.
I don't use that cause then it does it to all the things in the nobr. XD But yeah that is an option, just be careful cause it can also remove any linebreaks where you want them if you have stuff between the nobr tags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back