• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom College Of Winterhold - Elder Scrolls RP (OPEN)

Oenanthe

Your Local Schmuck
giphy.gif

" What you learn here will last you a lifetime, several if you're talented"

" Winterhold was once a great, powerful and wealthy region, and its relationship with the College of Winterhold was good.

Until in 4E 122, an unprecedented, cataclysmic event struck Winterhold and most of the areas along the coastline. A massive storm came in from the Sea of Ghosts, bringing huge waves that crashed against the great cliffs. Most of the city fell into the sea, leaving the deep scars both physically, with the destruction of the city itself, and with the emotional and psychological damage to Winterhold's people. This event would eventually be referred to as "The Great Collapse. "

The disaster left Winterhold in ruins, including Winterhold's relationship with the College. The people of Winterhold would eventually begin to blame the mysterious work of the mages for causing the Great Collapse. The College of Winterhold is widely distrusted and has since been cautious as to avoid provoking the population of Skyrim. "

So when a student is found murdered within the walls, the college shuts its great steel doors. For the first time since the Great Collapse, guards enter the college ad begin regular patrols and investigation. Determined to root out the murderer no one is allowed in, and no one is allowed out.

Everyone is a suspect.

tumblr_mvbi30WF621r6coeuo2_500.gif

In this RP players would be allowed to play professors, students, and members of the guard. After receiving the majority of character sheets from everyone who expresses interest, I will randomly roll a dice. Whatever post number on the CS page corresponds with the number I roll, that character will then be the murderer. (Please let me know through PM if you have a character you specifically DO NOT want to be guilty.) No one will know except for that character's writer and myself. We will work together throughout the roleplay through PM. THEY MUST NEVER GIVE THEMSELVES AWAY.

When not all murder-y, this RP will function almost/kinda slice-of-life and I plan on making side-quest and activities to keep it engaging.

I'm also very very open to hearing out my other writers so let me know if you have any ideas/request/comments/etc.

It will be my job to leave tiny subtle hits, the murderer's job to keep their crime hidden, and the player's job to try figure out who did it before the college doors finally close forever.

giphy.gif

R U L E S :

1) This goes out to the murderer: You can totally be a serial killer, just please don't murder any active players

2) I'd like this to be detailed/literate but I know thats not ideal for many, so just NO ONE LINERS EVER (And nice 2-6 paragraph replies make me happy, but not required)

3) If you decide to leave, that's cool! Just let me know. If you just need a break, that's cool! JUST LET ME KNOW

4) As of right now, the max is 2 characters per player (let me know if you'd like to take on more), however, I also suggest- not require- playing at least 2 characters so we have a large and diverse cast. I'd like this to be pretty big.

NOTE: This will be taking place PRE Eye of Magnus- that way I can keep all of the old NPCs that I'm familiar with. NPCs will be a part of the RP and I am perfectly okay with any of my writers taking on some of those roles without it counting towards their 2 main character count. Just lemme know!

CREATORS NOTE: Okay, so I know I already have a Skyrim RP I'm hosting, but I am seriously craving this plot idea so I just had to do it. I mean how many Skyrim RPs is too many? Remember when Warrior Cats was on it's high? There would be like 30+ of those bad boys all at once.

tumblr_nsf7fifkrG1qzh2aio9_540.gif

L i n k s:
Interest Check
OOC
Main Thread

Character Sheets

Last edited:
Ah, shoot, I have a question about the timeline!
There would be no Stormcloak rebellion going on during this time, would there? ;.;

Ah, shoot, I have a question about the timeline!
There would be no Stormcloak rebellion going on during this time, would there? ;.;
If its 4E 199 then perhaps, it implies that it has been going on before you start the game in 200. (We can fib a little if you have a character around it)

If its 4E 199 then perhaps, it implies that it has been going on before you start the game in 200. (We can fib a little if you have a character around it)

Ah, alright! I was kinda leaning towards making my character a Stormcloak spy, posing as a student to try and gather information. Would that be alright or should I cut it out?

Ah, alright! I was kinda leaning towards making my character a Stormcloak spy, posing as a student to try and gather information. Would that be alright or should I cut it out?
I'd probably just leave it out, Stormcloaks tend to dismiss magic totally and go with that whole Nord & Sword forever thing.

Intro post is up and now I'm just waiting on everyone to post their starters! Going to give this a bump, great time for more people to hop in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back