• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom College Of Winterhold - CS (OPEN)

Oenanthe

Your Local Schmuck
tumblr_nsf7fifkrG1qzh2aio9_540.gif

Please feel free to use the character sheet coding provided below, you may also take liberties to use your own coding or alter mine to your aesthetics. Simply erase any optional fields that you choose not to fill.

(Let me know if you are in need of help)

CURRENT CREATION NOTE: Please don't be intimated if you think there are too many characters for you to join, I'd like there to be a large cast.

If I like your CS, it is accepted!

C H A R A C T E R S:

P R O F E S S O R S:
Tormund Raven-Eye - M - Nord / Professor of History & Lore

S T U D E N T S:
Usinia - F - Wood Elf - Illusionist
Fleur Dreamtalker - F - Imperial - Conjurer
Odividus Carvain - M - Imperial - Dwemer Expert
Xandi Larothi - F - Dunmer - Conjurer
Ramulf Sararssen - M - Nord - Conjurer
Ohartalmo Larethor - M - Altmer - Expert in The Oldways
Phyrra Lyorann - F - Altmer - Oneiromancer
Gael Virthwood - M - Breton - Destruction
Caius Veratius - M - Wood Elf - Alteration

G U A R D S:
Jokulf - M - Nord
Tobias Vahan - M - Imperial

R U L E S :

1) This goes out to the murderer: You can totally be a serial killer, just please don't murder any active players

2) I'd like this to be detailed/literate but I know thats not ideal for many, so just NO ONE LINERS EVER (And nice 2-6 paragraph replies make me happy, but not required)

3) If you decide to leave, that's cool! Just let me know. If you just need a break, that's cool! JUST LET ME KNOW

4) As of right now, the max is 2 characters per player (let me know if you'd like to take on more), however, I also suggest- not require- playing at least 2 characters so we have a large and diverse cast. I'd like this to be pretty big.

Code:
 [bg=#a1887f][/bg]

[bg=#808080][/bG][bg=#808080][bg=#C0C0C0][imageFloat=right][bg=D3D3D3][heightrestrict=450]
!!PUT YOUR IMAGE HERE!!  [/heightrestrict][ATTACH=full][/ATTACH] [/bg][/imageFloat][bg=#DCDCDC]
PUT YOUR CHARACTERS NAME HERE
[accordion=50%|bleft]{slide=[bg=#C0C0C0]B A S I C S ~[/bg]}

NAME •  Name

NICKNAME • Nickname(s)

AGE • numbers

GENDER • Male/female/whatever

SEXUALITY • Who do you like

RACE/SPECIES  •  Include your race and mention here if you're a vamp/werewolf

HOME COUNTRY • where were you born and what country do you represent if you do not want your birth country as your home

{/slide}[/accordion][accordion=50%|bleft]{slide=[bg=#C0C0C0]L O O K S ~[/bg]}

HEIGHT • #'#

WEIGHT • lbs

EYE COLOR • try to be spesific

HAIR • Color, style and length

SPECIAL  • (optional)

{/slide}[/accordion][accordion=50%|bleft]{slide=[bg=#C0C0C0]P E R S O N A ~[/bg]}

- POSITIVE TRAITS -

Trait • Trait • Trait • Trait • Trait

- NEGATIVE TRAITS -

Trait • Trait • Trait • Trait • Trait

PERSONALITY • (list their MBTI, or simply give a brief idea of what they are like)

QUOTE • (one that defines them or one by them- optional)

THEME SONG • (Optional)

RELATIONSHIPS • (Optional)

{/slide}[/accordion][accordion=50%|bleft]{slide=[bg=#C0C0C0]O T H E R ~[/bg]}

HISTORY • Briefly describe your characters past

SPECIALIZATION  •  What magical vacation do you major in? You can pick one major and one minor

OTHER • anything else you want us to know?

{/slide}[/i][/accordion][/bg][/bg]
[/bg]

Last edited:
N P C S

Last edited:

wood_elf_portrait_by_evelastina-d6idwe7.png

Usinia
B A S I C S ~

NAME • Usinia

NICKNAME • "Usa" by Urag or "Sinia" by everyone else

AGE • 22

GENDER • Female

SEXUALITY •
Pan/Demi-Sexual

RACE/SPECIES • Wood Elf

HOME COUNTRY • ???

L O O K S ~

Like this but...blind and more elfy

d92ecd234c89581ff0b91dd640509977.jpg

HEIGHT • 5'5

WEIGHT • 130lbs

EYE COLOR • White

HAIR • Dark Brown and shoulder length, usually braided back into a bun with feathers

SPECIAL • Her eyes have a slight reddish/pink shade to them while using magic to help her see.

P E R S O N A ~

- POSITIVE TRAITS -

Kind • Easily Amused • Friendly • Playful • Thoughtful

- NEGATIVE TRAITS -

Skiddish • Clumbsy • Excessive Day Dreaming • Easily Frustrated • Shy At Times

PERSONALITY • INFP

QUOTE •
“I am not absentminded. It is the presence of mind that makes me unaware of everything else.”
–G.K. Chesterton

THEME SONG •

O T H E R ~

RELATIONSHIPS •
1) Urag gro-Shub - Librarian at the College of Winterhold (Adoptive Father)
Urag found Usinia at a very early age on a book requisition trip to pick up a shipment from Solitude. She had been found on a ship there with no explanation of where she came from or who she belonged to. Two men were loudly debating what to do with the small little bundle, prompting her to cry, when Urag approached. He took her in, planning to just take her back to the college just to give her some place to live and he'd figure out the details on the way. However, he grew fond of the little rat with awkwardly large ears and milky eyes, taking her in like his own.

HISTORY • After being taken in by Urag, Usinia grew up in the college her entire life and the staff and students became her family. They helped her the best they could with her sight, even gifting her with a special staff that vibrates when it is about to collide with something that she uses as a walking stick. She has experienced very little of the real world and knows only of the college and the stories read to her- or the few enchanted books that she is able to read by feeling the words. Through her extensive training in Illusion she is able to sense more and more of the world around her, but is still entirely blind.

SPECIALIZATION • Primary Illusionist, Secondary Alchemist

OTHER • She is the only "witness" to the murder, and was present when the crime committed, but due to her lack of any vision, she never actually saw the killer.

[/i]

Last edited:
WIP

9c9d8160ed46902095f2307a6e2d5896.jpg

Fleur Dreamtalker
B A S I C S ~

NAME • Fleur Dreamtalker

NICKNAME • Fae

AGE • 18

GENDER • Female

SEXUALITY • Unknown

RACE/SPECIES • Imperial Human

HOME COUNTRY • Cyrodiil

L O O K S ~

HEIGHT • 5'3"

WEIGHT • 125lbs

EYE COLOR • Blue

HAIR • Long Silver hair often worn down.

SPECIAL • Tattoos along her body similar to image.

P E R S O N A ~

- POSITIVE TRAITS -

Honest • Responsible • Compassionate • Quick Study • Self-Disciplined

- NEGATIVE TRAITS -

Cold • Stubborn • Blunt • Loner • Uncaring

PERSONALITY • Fea is a talented mage, for one reason and one reason only. Her study and work always come first, this can make her seem quite cold and uncaring because the gods help who ever get in her way. Yet, she is quick to help others when they have questions and are in need of answers. As her quote says: She is always looking to find a new path of magic, one only needs to know where and how to look.

QUOTE • “There is always something to see, if you only know how to look.”
Michael Scott, The Necromancer

THEME SONG •

RELATIONSHIPS • None

O T H E R ~

HISTORY • Briefly describe your characters past

SPECIALIZATION • Major: Conjuration • Minor: Illusion

[/i]

Last edited:

dandael___skyrim_oc_by_fifthtimesthecharm-dbd6kkf.jpg

Dandael
B A S I C S ~

NAME • Dandael

NICKNAME • Danny

AGE • 37

GENDER • Female

SEXUALITY • Heterosexual

RACE/SPECIES • Bosmer

HOME COUNTRY • Valenwood

L O O K S ~

HEIGHT • 6'3

WEIGHT • 160 lbs

EYE COLOR • At a glance, entirely pitch black. However, they also have a dark brown tint to them when the light hits.

HAIR • Dirty blonde, rather thin, and reaches to jut below her shoulders. Typically wears it in a high, messy bun, held together with a hair clip

P E R S O N A ~

- POSITIVE TRAITS -

Tactical • Introverted • Resourceful • Clever • Ambitious

- NEGATIVE TRAITS -

Resentful • Callous • Abrasive • Vindictive • Withdrawn

PERSONALITY • INTJ

QUOTE • "May the bridges I burn light my way"

O T H E R ~

HISTORY • Dandael was born to two quiet rebels in Valenwood, under the watchful eye of the Aldmeri Dominion, and of course, the Thalmor. Other than that, they lead a decently comfortable life - they were wealthy enough, always had food on the table, and did it all within the boundaries of the Green Pact. Dandael has little memory of this sort of life, however. When she was five years old, her mother passed away due to a serious illness, and Dandael found her whole world turned on it's head.

Forgoing his belief in the rebellion for another chance at a good lifestyle, Dandael's father married a Thalmor ambassador, who brought the Dominion's iron fist right into her home. The small cost of the perfect lifestyle was for her to be a perfect Thalmor daughter, a shining representative of their elven way of life...a lesson her mother often found herself beating into her. Her childhood was filled with memories of harsh punishment and unwavering discipline, and if she ever tried to fight it, it would only get worse. Her silence was the only thing keeping her alive. It could not, however, save her father when he too died of an illness not unlike her mother's, and left Dandael in the arms of those they hated the most.

Soon after the signing of the White-Gold Concordat, a teenage Dandael left Valenwood with her step-mother to travel to Skyrim, where she was expected to help carry out atrocities herself to weed out Talos worship. It was here, however, in this freezing land where most people viewed bosmer like her as worse than the first they walk on, that she found the opportunity of a lifetime. The first chance that she got, in the dead of night, she finally fled.

In an unfamiliar land, Dandael survived primarily on a passionate hatred for the Thalmor. Not even they could beat a love of archery out of her, and she was always willing to use her bow and arrow for her advantage. Her skills were lacking a little extra...something, though. She decided to fight fire with fire and start honing her magical thumb, and that was what lead her to becoming a student at the college.

It didn't take long for Dandael to stop believe that her parents had been ill - rather, she believed they were poisoned. Therefore, her driving motive since has been revenge.

SPECIALIZATION • Majors in Enchanting, minors in illusion

[/i]

Last edited:

01fbd8d539ab80ab030bc84749c3ff65.jpg

Odividus Carvain
B A S I C S ~

NAME • Odividus Carvain

NICKNAME • Odi

AGE • 26

GENDER • Male

SEXUALITY • Bisexual

RACE/SPECIES • Imperial

HOME COUNTRY • The Imperial City, Cryodiil

L O O K S ~

As close of a Face Claim as I could get: (Think Tulio from Road to El Dorado)
a5b71cd90c1d3b3d639a6e581c5d5e9f.jpg

HEIGHT • 5'10"

WEIGHT • 170 lbs

EYE COLOR • Brown

HAIR • Brown, medium length usually shaved on both sides and braided down back or ponytail

SPECIAL • Loves his facial hair

P E R S O N A ~

- POSITIVE TRAITS -

Outgoing • Inventive • Witty • Self-Assure • Intelligent

- NEGATIVE TRAITS -

Too Laid-Back • Arrogant • A Little Odd • Devoted To Work • Flirt

PERSONALITY • ENTP

QUOTE •
“Just because something is traditional is no reason to do it, of course. Piracy, for example, is a tradition that has been carried on for hundreds of years, but that doesn’t mean we should all attack ships and steal their gold.” –Lemony Snicket

THEME SONG • Coming Soon

O T H E R ~

HISTORY • Odi was born in the great shining Imperial City to a family of nobles but it was never the life for him. He loathed all the pomp and circumstance and wished for a life of simple studies. He wished simply to have a good time with people he enjoyed, sharing knowledge and stories. But his life was on the track to be another do-nothing noble who sat on their polished hands. Instead, he fled his cozy home for that of Skyrim after hearing there was a remote mages college in the frozen mountains. There he hid away from his stuffy passed and discovered a love for history- more specifically a fascination with the Dwemer. He works periodically in Markarth and often travels back and forth between the college and the research station.

SPECIALIZATION • Expert of Dwemer Studies, Secondary Enchanter

OTHER • He also is a talented Lute player & has a Dwarven Spider named Clanks

[/i]

Last edited:
old_mage.jpg

Tormund Raven-Eye
B A S I C S ~

NAME • Tormund

NICKNAME • Wanderer

AGE • 123

GENDER • Male

SEXUALITY • Pansexual

RACE/SPECIES • Nord

HOME COUNTRY • Solstheim

L O O K S ~

HEIGHT • 6'2

WEIGHT • 255 lbs

EYE COLOR • Pale blue, like frost

HAIR • White-gray shoulder length worn loose with random two braids on the right side.

SPECIAL • Tormund's face is weather worn and his hands are gnarled and calloused.

P E R S O N A ~

- POSITIVE TRAITS -

Patient • Intelligent • Calm • Cunning • Wise

- NEGATIVE TRAITS -

Proud • Judgemental • Unscrupulous • Stubborn • Untrusting

PERSONALITY • Tormund has grown laconic is his old age rarely giving students the time of day. He prefers to spend his time in the wilderness or in the library. He pretends to be more feeble than he truly is to prevent being given tasks.

QUOTE • The woods are lovely, dark, and deep. But I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep. -Robert Frost

THEME SONG • (Optional)

RELATIONSHIPS • (Optional)

O T H E R ~

HISTORY • Born to ebony miners of the harsh island of Solstheim, Tormund grew up with little. As a child he collected ebony from the mines to help his family and was no stranger to hardships. His parents struggled to provide his with a basic education and also made time for him to listen to the tales told by the Skalds of the island.

It was the Skald who first saw the potential in the boy and convinced his parents to allow him to teach the boy. Tormund loved learning the spoken history of the Nords of Solstheim as well as some of the magical arts. Eventually the Skald came to see that the boys desire for knowledge was calling him beyond their island home. He arranged for Tormund to attend the Arcane college of Winterhold.

Tormund attended the college until he was a young man, leaving the school at the age of 20 as a mage of moderate skill. He traveled the world, fought in wars, raised children and buried lovers. It was nearly a century before the Nord returned to the college and took up residence within its halls.

SPECIALIZATION • History and Lore, Destruction

OTHER • He leans heavily on a staff and sleeps four hours every afternoon. He does this to convey that he is old and weak, but in reality he does not sleep at night and doesn't actually need the staff to walk.

[/i]

Last edited by a moderator:

864d134e4f1d803ebb0c98dae6c7dc36.jpg

Xandi Larothi
B A S I C S ~

NAME • Xandi Larothi

NICKNAME • Z (pronounced "Zed" not "Zee")

AGE • 219 years

GENDER • Female

SEXUALITY • Magnisexual (Peoples with Magical Power)

RACE/SPECIES • Vestige (Dunmer Originally)

HOME COUNTRY • Morrowind

L O O K S ~

HEIGHT • 6'3" (5'11" when slouching)

WEIGHT • 150

EYE COLOR • Milky White

HAIR • White and Grey, Long, Unkempt

SPECIAL • Scars and Burn Marks litter her body, she is also void of her right eye.

P E R S O N A ~

- POSITIVE TRAITS -

Quiet • Intelligent • Magically Gifted • Loyal • Heightened Senses

- NEGATIVE TRAITS -

Untrusting • Poor Vision • Loyal to Molag Bal • Secretive • Blunt

PERSONALITY • She is quite shy to say the least, haunted by her past she is hesitant to speak to those she doesn't know if she does not feel safe. She is a battered and broken shell of her former self, often she would rather sit and think than talk to others.

QUOTE • "Dead Dunmer and Drunk Nords smell the same, like wasted flesh."

THEME SONG •

RELATIONSHIPS • Kynval Zzedenkathik - Co-worker and Summon

O T H E R ~

HISTORY • Born 20 years before the Oblivion Crisis Z's life has been one trail after another. She lost her family during the oblivion crisis when a gate opened in front of their house, while she hid in the cellar the house above her burned, she heard the screams of the city after a day of hiding she was able to escape by way of night. In the years following the Oblivion Crisis with all the refugees and rebuilding that had to be done Z was able to steal food and supplies quite easily and with no relative skill required. Eventually she had made a home in Vivec, this too would end in tragedy. Xandi was at city limits when it happened, the Ministry of Truth slammed into the ground, hit by the shock-wave she was sent flying back breaking many bones in her body and scraping and cutting her quite a bit. She was able to prop her self up so that she may heal but it would be in vain.

Only moments after she was able to sit herself up the earth shook once more, just as violent as before, accompanied by a faint and low booming in the distance, she knew it wasn't safe but there was no where she could go, she was practically paralyzed. As she sat there after the shaking earth had first started she saw above her and near her all manor of wild creatures fleeing, none caring about anything near them just going towards the sea. She spent hours sitting there watching, hoping for help, in those hours she saw many Dunmer none of which helped, all of which fled with no thought of their surroundings. Then came a second quake violent and much more ferocious than the last, within the hour she saw the Ash cloud spread across the sky, she knew what was happening, the Red Mountain was erupting, but she couldn't do much if she tried so she did the only thing she knew how: Pray. She prayed to Boethiah, Mephala, and Azura for protection or help, none came and when ash began to fall she turned to gods she knew of but did not know, she prayed to the Divines all nine of them, when a storm broke across the sky and fire rained down she began to pray to the Aldmeri gods, then every other foreign god she could think of. After a while she had given up all hope and the mountain had calmed, did it work? was she free from this chaos? During the calm she had gone to sleep, waking up the next morning choking on ash she was covered up to her face in it, then came the loud thunderous boom, then another, then another, and so on and so forth, on the horizon she saw a black wave of ash approaching her faster and faster and faster. In desperation she cried out, the cloud of ash only minutes away, to any god that could hear, she promised loyalty, worship, anything they desired so that she could live longer on Nirn, so that she did not die here and now. Then the Ash overtook her searing her skin for a second then cold.

Thinking she was dead she opened her eyes to find herself blind it was cold and sinister in feeling. By the time Bal had found her she had realized that she was in his realm, Coldharbour. When Molag Bal found her he told her that he had heard her and would help her, in his way, but first Bal took what he wanted: her soul. He said that in order to make her strong enough to return he would have to weaken her and rebuild, so for about a year he tortured her cutting her shell up burning her more and more. When she said that she thought she was ready, Bal had disagreed but dumped her back in Morrowind, she was in a village near Narsis. There the Argonians came clawing at her, raping her, and eventually killing her, proving she was indeed weak, and she returned to Bal who reformed her out of Azure Plasm. Unbeknownst to her, years had passed where she was in a void, a nothing to her it was like sleeping. She was unable to truly die as she was now a Vestige, she was more a Daedra than a Dunmer in how her life worked, it was lucky however that she had not become a soul shriven. She was tortured for another decade, then trained in basics for two more, she could conjure weapons and armor, and knew how to fight with them, she could even summon a Cold-Flame Atronach or Kynval Zzedenkathik, who was a loyal minion of Molag Bal, and fearsome Dremora.

After her training was done she was thrust back into the world, where she would make her long journey to the Mags guild on foot, just to find that they had been replaced by a worse organization. She did however make her way to the College of Winterhold in Skyrim where she knew that she could further train herself with magic, and lay low until she got any more orders from Molag Bal, to whom she was loyal and willing to be a pawn for as he helped her when no other god had.

SPECIALIZATION • Major: Conjuration, Minor: Alteration

OTHER • Due to the ash that got in her eye she has poor vision, while she can see well enough to function she prefers to use other senses when she can. Her eyes are also extremely sensitive to light due to the fact that they have been stripped of their pigment.
[/i]

Last edited:

Nord.jpg

Ramulf Sararssen
B A S I C S ~

NAME • Ramulf Sararssen

NICKNAME • None

AGE • 22

GENDER • Male

SEXUALITY • Heterosexual

RACE/SPECIES • Vampire Nord

HOME COUNTRY • Skyrim

L O O K S ~

HEIGHT • 5'11

WEIGHT • 174 lbs

EYE COLOR • Red

HAIR • Wavy, Brown, Medium Length

SPECIAL • None

P E R S O N A ~

- POSITIVE TRAITS -

Thoughtful • Quick Learner • Hardworker • Creative

- NEGATIVE TRAITS -

Slightly Immature • Selfish • New to Magic •

PERSONALITY • He's a thoughtful, slightly immature and selfish guy. Thinks for himself, then thinks for others. However, he is a hard worker and creative, and pursues his goals with effort. If somebody makes him angry, he'll get his revenge nonviolently, but rather emotionally or materially.

QUOTE • "It's nothing personal, I just want that soul gem."

THEME SONG • None

RELATIONSHIPS • Nothing meaningful, really.

O T H E R ~

HISTORY • Ramulf was born in Whiterun and grew up there. His parents were traders and made a lot of money. Ramulf didn't want to become a trader or a warrior, he wanted to become powerful and explore the arcane. His parents forbid him from doing this but eventually he became old enough to leave. He travelled a long distance and for weeks, stopping by at taverns and towns until he finally reached Winterhold.

There he had heard of the infamous College, the goal of his journey was to join it. Even though most people hated and feared the group of mages, he wanted to learn more of magic and saw this as an opportunity. He joined the College and specialized in Conjuration. However, while staying there during the night he was attacked by a vampire in secret. He wasn't sure why but he slayed the fledgeling, and dumped the body down into the water. He slowly became a vampire which he didn't notice at first, but then when he transformed he began to hide this.

SPECIALIZATION • Major Conjuration, Minor Destruction

OTHER • anything else you want us?

[/i]

Last edited by a moderator:

86a2e02a4ad34b9c0cf15cfccfca6f5c.jpg

Ohartalmo Larethor
B A S I C S ~

NAME • Ohartalmo Larethor

AGE • 3678

GENDER • Male

SEXUALITY • Heterosexual

RACE/SPECIES • Altmer

HOME COUNTRY • Summerset Isles (Born in Cyrodiil)

L O O K S ~

HEIGHT • 7'4"

WEIGHT • 210lbs

EYE COLOR • Orange, Vibrant blue when casting

HAIR • White, Long, and Loose

SPECIAL • He bears a large brand on his back, the brand is that of the Imperial Mage's Guild's Sigil

P E R S O N A ~

- POSITIVE TRAITS -

Knowledgeable • Hardworking/Dedicated • Logical • Well-Bred • Wise

- NEGATIVE TRAITS -

Apathetic towards men • Deceitful • Haughty • Scornful • Schemer

PERSONALITY • He is very strong willed and willing to discus or even argue anything said around him. His superiority complex makes him look down upon the other races of mer (Khajiit go here) and even more-so men and other Beast Races. Even though he is extremely skilled and gifted in the magic of the Old Ways he prefers to avoid conflict at all costs as he finds that it gets int he way of his research and progress.

QUOTE • "There are layers to understanding all things,The common man looks at an object and fits it into a place in his way of thinking. Those skilled in the Old Ways, in the way of the Psijic, in Mysticism, can see an object and identify it by its proper role. But one more layer is needed to be peeled back to achieve understanding. You must identify the object by its role and its truth and interpret that meaning" -Sotha Sil

THEME SONG •

RELATIONSHIPS • Uncle of Xandi Larothi's Great (6x) Grandfather

O T H E R ~

HISTORY • Born 1E 770 Ohartalmo Larethor, the Eldest of the surviving 23 descendants of Kelkemmeriil Larethor, was born in the Heartlands of Tamriel under the shadow of White Gold, He lived with an Aylied family under the Alessian Empire, though not affected at first the more and more he was exposed to their opression of the Mer and their bigotry the more and more he disdained men. He Especially disdained the Yokudans who led genocides during his time. At the Age of 102 he gained entry into the Psijic Order just like his forefathers. There he studied and lived by the old ways there for around 2,500 years give or take a few centuries. He left the Ordder due to their lack of willingness to help in the First Dominion's war with the lesser races, and when rumors spread of another like Pelinal, a Tiber Septim, at the notion of this Man ruling the whole of Tamriel Ohartalmo had to fight him and his armies. He witnessed the pure destruction of the Meri peoples by this man, after the war he continued his studies of the Old Ways in Morrowind, with the the Telvanni he gained new insights and studied more teachings of Sotha Sil.

In Morrowind he learned of many different magicks unbeknownst to him that were used by all manor of ancient beings, and thus he began his cultural studies of the peoples and magicks of Tamriel, through the Imperial Mages Guild he was able to research many ruins and cultures, collecting his studies in many books. His books are his most prized possession, he is not opposed to people reading them (assuming they could of course as he tended to keep the original concepts in their native tongue only using Tamrielic, when giving commentary and explanations of certain parts of the the research.). He did once more abandon his projects at the dismantling of the the Mages Guild, to help the Third Aldmeri dominion, even serving as a High Wizard of the Dominion during the war. At the end of the war Ohartalmo decided to never again join the military and their escapades.

The Rest of his life was devoted to Research, which led him to Skyrim a place where he seeks to learn Falmeri magics, Atmoran magics (such as the Thu'um), and Dwemeri magics (mostly Tonal Archetexture) with a land steeped in a bloody and diverse past he sees a lot of potential in the area, recently (within the week) with a cart full of books and a desire to join the College for the secrets that may be held within and the protection it provides from the common rabble of Nords.

SPECIALIZATION • Primary: The Oldways, Secondary: Magical Studies/History

OTHER • He Knows: Aldmeris, Dunmeris, Orcish, Bosmeris, Tamrielic (obviously), Ayliedoon, Ta'agra, Jel, Yoku, Nedic, Kothringi, and Nordic. He needs to know these languages for his research and has picked them up over the last centuries.

[/i]

Last edited:
Super WIP/Reserving a spot ;.;

!!PUT YOUR IMAGE HERE!!

Samoryan Ergate
B A S I C S ~

NAME • Samoryan Ergate

NICKNAME • Sam, Sammy, Dumb***

AGE • 19

GENDER • Male

SEXUALITY • Bisexual

RACE/SPECIES • Breton/Werewolf

HOME COUNTRY • Skyrim

L O O K S ~

HEIGHT • 5'8

WEIGHT • 170 lbs

EYE COLOR • Bright green

HAIR • Brown hair reaching just past his shoulder blades, most often worn in a long, messy braid

SPECIAL • Multiple scars along his face, chest, and arms, from numerous scratches

P E R S O N A ~

- POSITIVE TRAITS -

Optimistic • Extroverted • Funny • Curious • Strong

- NEGATIVE TRAITS -

Unintelligent • Unobservant • Gullible • Insecure • Reckless

PERSONALITY • ESFP

O T H E R ~

HISTORY • Born to two veterans of the Great War. Both of his parents fought valiantly for the empire, against the elves, but only his mother came home alive. She worked hard to support the two of them, but unfortunately, reality crushed them again. Samoryan had to be sent to the Riften Orphanage to be properly taken care of.
Riften felt like the only good thing to ever happen to him in his life. There were vast plains and dense forests for him to run and play in, not to mention the nearby lakes and rivers he could spend all his days around. Even when he was restricted to the town, well, that's where the city guards were - his heroes. They reminded him so much of his parents, and he really looked up to how strong and courageous they were. Suddenly, his future looked bright again. He looked forward to the day that he, too, could become a guard, and protect those around them from the sadness he once felt.
However, misery soon found him again. More specifically, it found him in the form of a werewolf, one night when he was playing out in the woods. The fact that he was only just a teenager, still practically a child, didn't matter to the beast - it attacked him mercilessly. All hope would've been lost, if it wasn't for one of the guards he loved so much coming to his rescue, fighting off the werewolf and hurrying Samoryan back to the local temple.
Samoryan pulled through, but so did a small piece of that werewolf. Lycanthropy was left behind in his veins, causing him to become a similar monster once a month. Now, if there would ever be another werewolf attack, now that the guards knew he had once been bitten, there would be no avoiding a jail time, not to mention the amount of disappointment from his heroes.
He fled to Winterhold, short on guards who wanted to live out their days in such a barren wasteland. There, when the full moon rolled around, he had access to many more uncivilized areas to sate his uncivilized side. Not to mention, the nearby College of Winterhold had records on nearly everything even remotely magic related - they had to have something on werewolves, right?
When there was a murder at the college, and the doors were shut to all, he finally, and ironically, finally had a chance to enter. Oh, and he would carry out his duty as a guard. That would definitely be his priority.

SPECIALIZATION • Do greatswords count?

[/i]

Last edited:

d34b0f0761c80e4bf3f79e822e260bb1.jpg

Jora Redmayne
B A S I C S ~

NAME • Jora Redmayne

NICKNAME • Jori

AGE • 28

GENDER • Female

SEXUALITY • Dem boyz (Heterosexual)

RACE/SPECIES • Nord

HOME COUNTRY • Skyrim

L O O K S ~

HEIGHT • 5'11

WEIGHT • 129 lbs

EYE COLOR • Blue with the smallest flecks of gray

HAIR • Her hair is a honey brown color that reaches past her shoulders but not to mid back and she usually ties back the top half to focus on her work.

SPECIAL • A scar from a fireball covers her back, the back of her arms, and is barely seen over the hem of her shirt if she puts her hair up.

P E R S O N A ~

- POSITIVE TRAITS -

Inquisitive • Straight-forward • Quick Study • Strategic • Watchful

- NEGATIVE TRAITS -

Blunt • Resting Bitch Face • Occasionally Condescending • Crass • Judging

PERSONALITY • INTJ

QUOTE • "If the mages wore bloody armor, they wouldn't need me." - Jora

THEME SONG •

RELATIONSHIPS •
Father Harvi Redmayne (Deceased)
Mother Porrun the Dark-Ribboned (Missing)
Brother Jorvil the Red Bane

O T H E R ~

HISTORY • She was born and grew up in the southern parts of the Pale. Her father was an esteemed fisherman and hunter but also had the gift of Hircine. This gift was kept from Jora and her brother for their safety as well as their mother's past of being a witch. The dark past of this family was masked by the mundane fishing family appearance and Jora fell for it. Jorvil found out before her what their father was and had been horrified by the beast. He gutted Harvi right before dinner one night when Jora was twenty. Porrun was greatly grieved and shocked, running from the house before Jorvil could figure out her past and be off with her as well since she was 'corrupted'.

Jora showed signs of magical abilities and instead of killing his beloved sister, he sent her to the Mage's College up North to harness it intellectually rather than like the witches. She has heard little of her brother since, only catching rumors of his being expelled from the Dawnguard and of the wolf that hunted the wolves...werewolves that is. Her family life had been rather odd and it shows in her guarded personality. Jora did decide to stay with the College as a guard after mastering Frost spells and some restoration spells so her brother could come and find her easily should he ever decide to. That and when she did take a few months to find her mother, she was scalded by a clan of witches. She has been with the College for a little over seven years.

SPECIALIZATION • Major - Destruction (Frost) ; Minor - Restoration (Wards and some healing)

OTHER • May or may not have the Beastblood.

[/i]

Last edited:

0XKVlXa.jpg

Jokulf

B A S I C S ~

NAME • Jokulf

NICKNAME • Blackmark

AGE • 28

GENDER • Male

SEXUALITY • Heterosexual

RACE/SPECIES • Nord

HOME COUNTRY • Skyrim

L O O K S ~

HEIGHT • 6'3

WEIGHT • 215 lbs

EYE COLOR • Green

HAIR • Light brown, tied off in a ponytail.

SPECIAL • Scarred in several places; wears warpaint to cover up a birthmark.

P E R S O N A ~

- POSITIVE TRAITS -

Courageous • Loyal • Adventurous • Adaptable • Clever

- NEGATIVE TRAITS -

Impatient • Reckless • Jealous • Narrow-minded • Bad dialogue

PERSONALITY •

He’s stubborn as an old oak and just as unflinching when it comes to his beliefs. When faced with evidence to the contrary, he prefers to avoid it rather than face it head on. While normally a quiet, blunt sort of fellow, Jokulf gets bored easily and often lusts for adventure elsewhere. Like most Nords aligned with the Stormcloak way of thinking, he has very little patience for mages and their shenanigans. Perhaps the greatest irony in this line of thinking is that Jokulf, himself, has the ability to become a mage if he so desired. The knowledge weighs on him constantly, and it is a source of deep shame.

QUOTE • “You’ll look awful funny trying to cast spells with no hands.” - Jokulf

THEME SONG •

RELATIONSHIPS •

Vidarr Hrafnelson – Uncle

Saemingr – Adopted Cousin

Skjar Ironhand – Father

Rannhilde Shatter-Shield - Mother

O T H E R ~

HISTORY •

Jokulf is a native of Winterhold and has lived there for most of his life. His father, Skjar Ironhand, was a Legionnaire who retired in disgust following the White-Gold Concordant. His prejudices and beliefs were passed down to his son at an early age. He was taught to revere Talos, despise magic and all who practice it, and to uphold the Nordic virtuous of courage, honor, and song. When he was but eight years old, his father’s brother, the renowned blacksmith, Vidarr Hrafnelsson, came to visit and brought with him his cousin, an Imperial. The boys did not hit it off immediately and instead squabbled over their beliefs (with Jokulf often coming out the victor thanks to the more timid personality of the other). One particularly explosive argument somehow ended with the burning of a shed near the outskirts of town. While the boys were questioned extensively, neither of them breathed a word on how exactly it had occurred. Strangely enough, Jokulf and Saemingr were on much friendlier terms after that.

As a teenager, Jokulf left home to pursue life as an adventurer. He joined a mercenary guild operating out of Riften and had many adventures. He looks back on this time as the highlight of his life. When the Skyrim civil war broke out, he departed the company with the intention of joining. An injury sustained on the road to Windhelm prevented this ambition. He was brought home to recover by a passing caravan.

After returning home, Jokulf discovered many of his old comrades had either left or signed up to become city watchmen in service of Jarl Korir. They persuaded him to sign on, and soon his talent was recognized enough to hold a minor officer’s position.

Of course, his status as an officer wasn’t important enough to duck out of his newest assignment: babysitting the Mages at the College of Winterhold.

SPECIALIZATION • N/A

OTHER • The college is under his protection. You watch yourself, now.

[/i]

Last edited:

GaLfEOH.jpg

P h y r r a - L y o r r a n n
B A S I C S ~

NAME • Phyrra Lyorrann

NICKNAME • Love

AGE • 43

GENDER • Female

SEXUALITY • Asexual

RACE/SPECIES • Altmer (High Elf)

HOME COUNTRY • Summerset Isles (Affiliated with the Thalmor Embassy)

L O O K S ~

HEIGHT • 5'11"

WEIGHT • 143lbs

EYE COLOR • Silver
(While this isn't an option in Skyrim, since it is an available option in Eso, I'll assume it is still lore accurate)

HAIR • White shoulder length, always intricately braided.

SPECIAL • Not Applicable

P E R S O N A ~

- POSITIVE TRAITS -

Productive • Sociable • Refined • Gifted scholar • Observant • Passionate

- NEGATIVE TRAITS -

Close minded • Holds grudges • High attention to detail • Entitled • Judgmental

PERSONALITY •
A highly goal oriented individual, Phyrra values ambition and good work ethic. Productivity is imperative to achieve the highest degree of success, and all obstacles should be discarded immediately. Her upbringing and achievements lead her to look down upon others, especially non-Altmer (though she tolerates and reveres anyone with a drive to succeed)

QUOTE • "Bleed the colors from their sight."

THEME SONG •

RELATIONSHIPS •
Ancano (Colleague)-
For obvious reasons, Ancano and Phyrra have met on multiple occasions. It was by his recommendation that she was convinced this is the right step in the progression of her studies.

O T H E R ~

HISTORY •
Phyrra of house Lyorrann was birthed into the world by wealthy Thalmor diplomats. From an early age, she found herself troubled by night terrors and sleep paralysis. The paradoxical relationship between consciousness and unconsciousness characteristic of dreams simultaneously frightened and fascinated her. This secret obsession persisted into adulthood, where she would find her life's purpose in uncovering its mysteries.

Though in earnest, her parents much preferred a career in politics, Phyrra's natural aptitude for magic enabled her to thrive in the academic community. Her resolve to progress steadily warranted influence until she had access to every archive in the entirety of the Summerset Isles. With the vast array of resources at her disposal, she decided to publicly document her findings regarding dreams in a series of several volumes.

This proved detrimental however, as the blurred lines between arcane influence and religion sparked controversy among various scholars. Eager to prove the world wrong, Phyrra embarked to the College of Winterhold in the far region of Skyrim in hopes of pursuing a greater understanding of the implications of dreams and the opportunity to share her passion

SPECIALIZATION • Oneiromancy (Major) Illusion(Minor)

OTHER • Rumors of the emergence of a particular dream eating staff in Skyrim have sparked her curiosity.

[/i]

Last edited:

89889c47e585d6c294f559f9f8d336b0.jpg

GAEL VIRTHWOOD
B A S I C S ~

NAME • Gael Virthwood

NICKNAME • N/A

AGE • 27

GENDER • Male

SEXUALITY • Homosexual

RACE/SPECIES • Breton

HOME COUNTRY • High Rock

L O O K S ~

HEIGHT • 5'6"

WEIGHT • 122 lbs

EYE COLOR • Green

HAIR • Black, short, and tousled

SPECIAL • Turquoise, linear tattoos. The first one starts at the bottom lip and ends mid-throat. The others engrave his hands in a symmetrical fashion.

P E R S O N A ~
- POSITIVE TRAITS -

Independent • Ambitious • Reliable • Zealous

- NEGATIVE TRAITS -

Pessimistic • Aloof • Callous • Rude • Rebellious • Turbulent

PERSONALITY • ISTJ. Critical, demanding, and often-times manipulative. He is intense and often vehement, unflinchingly courageous, devoted with his whole soul to the cause he had espoused, but his vanity, his pride of opinion, and his inborn contentiousness are serious handicaps to his studies altogether. When met with obstacles that block his way upwards his ladder to success and happiness, he attempts to make it conform to his likings. If that doesn't happen to work, there's no stopping Gael from crushing whatever it is to obtain his goals. He lives only for himself, and does not think about the consequences of harming others.

Due to his brash, rude, and aloof attitude, he does not make friends easily. Not like he really wanted to, anyways. Gael prefers to be alone, however, unless he meets someone who he deems important and profitable to his work or life, he may be willing to change his tune just for them.

One may think that his emotions are kept under control and consistent, they have yet to be in the same room with him for more than two minutes. Gael manages to blow up on the smallest things possible, and the next moment it would be as if it never happened.

QUOTE • "If you believe I give a damn about you and you're sick family, you're wrong."

THEME SONG • Csárdás

RELATIONSHIPS • N/A
O T H E R ~
HISTORY • The Virthwood house prided themselves on their history of well-rounded scholars. Each family member could recite the lore, spells, and skills in their respective branch of magic. One child would study Destruction, while the other studied Restoration, the other Alteration, etc. Whether it was about the origins of enchanting or the recipe for a certain alchemical draught, they managed to retain even the most trivial details. While the Virthwood's abilities were not essential in the long run for any faction or race, it served as record-keeping for themselves to remind the family of their magical priorities.

Each generation had the same amount of children to pass the knowledge onto, and when it came to Gael's turn to harbor the tomes and insight into Restoration magic, he reluctantly took it on himself to follow tradition. It took him countless years to gain the basics on such a seemingly simple branch. However, due to his incompetence, he burned all the books and threw the ashes out his bedroom window. He had no desire in learning about something others had perfected over decades. Much to his family's chagrin, Gael lived up into his adulthood without following his family's wishes. He attempted in dabbling in Destruction for a few years, mastering the basic pyro spells, until his brother had found out and threatened to harm him, due to Gael overstepping his bounds. After some time, Gael continued to learn more in the school of Destruction, this time successfully hidden from prying eyes and ears.

One day, while hiding amongst the family's archives from his siblings who would come to him daily to badger about taking on his duty as a record-keeper and follow tradition, he found several volumes by Phyrra Lyorrann's studies on Oneiromancy. Gael was much more inclined to the newer works, and so he read her books within a week. He had no motive to learn Oneiromancy, nevertheless he found himself drawn to it due to its unorthodoxy. He managed to grasp the concept in that week of reading, eventually going and pouring over the books over and over again.

When it was rumored that Phyrra would be visiting the College of Winterhold for information on Oneiromancy, Gael left home and travelled from High Rock to Skyrim to meet and study along with his favorite author.

SPECIALIZATION • Majors in Destruction, minors in Oneiromancy.

OTHER • N/A
[/i]

5QZG26z.jpg

Tobias Vahan
B A S I C S ~

NAME • Tobias Archelaus Vahan

NICKNAME • Toby (He hates it)

AGE • 32

GENDER • Male

SEXUALITY • Hetero

RACE/SPECIES • Imperial

HOME COUNTRY • Cyrodiil

L O O K S ~

HEIGHT • 6'2

WEIGHT • 200 lbs

EYE COLOR • Ice Blue

HAIR • Long and wild brown

P E R S O N A ~

- POSITIVE TRAITS -

Dutiful • Unflinching • Jolly • Tactical • Passionate

- NEGATIVE TRAITS -

Lecturing • Uncompromising • Bellicose • Blunt • Untalented

PERSONALITY • Tobias is a fatherly sort, strong and caring, but capable of becoming stern and fierce if his people are threatened. Naturally he was one of the biggest supporters of closing the gates until the murder was solved. Though if it cannot be ascertained that the other students are safe, he'd much rather let them leave, even if it means letting the killer free as well.

QUOTE • "Every time someone 'bends the rules' in the pursuit of knowledge, I'm the one who cleans it up. If you wish to be a Martyr, perhaps a monastery would suit you better."

THEME SONG • Jim Yosef - Eye of the Storm

O T H E R ~

HISTORY • Intent on becoming a prominent mage, Tobias' hopes were shattered when it became obvious that he was woefully unqualified. His grasp of all but the simplest schools were limited at best, and his skill was horrid. His peers jokingly suggested he ought to go north, so at least he could impress some drunken nords with his tricks.

Yet this gave him an idea. Indeed, Skyrim had lower standards, but it also valued strength, something that Tobias had in spades; he had always believed that taking care of one's body was important, even for scholars. So he took to the College, and signed on as a guard. In this way he'd be able to put both his physical prowess and his magical learning to use.

In this way, he proved incredibly effective; though his spells were weak, they were very, very efficient. He could wear down his foes simply by blocking their attacks and following up with a steady stream of ice until their legs simply gave out beneath them. Now that a crisis has arisen in the College, Tobias is poised to hunt down the source of the trouble and bring those responsible to justice once and for all.

SPECIALIZATION • Major: Destruction / Minor: Alteration

OTHER • Tobias works as a Guard in the College of Winterhold, rather than a student or professor.

[/i]

rxJ4uIeJJd9zMvOBb442vO2NMoeyEq8YNy0aTc1PCiHD62Wt-nkxtN5JrbK1682flwV0SJywfbbLFHH2wW2FbjBvIcv7WFWMIo8j-W4_wh6IdhVsQQpUIlIoV4gUmaRX5D4eC5JW

Caius Veratius
B A S I C S ~

NAME • Caius Veratius

NICKNAME • n/a

AGE • 37

GENDER • Male

SEXUALITY • Bisexual

RACE/SPECIES • Wood Elf

HOME COUNTRY • Imperial City

L O O K S ~

HEIGHT • 5'11

WEIGHT • 159lbs

EYE COLOR • A deep brown that looks a murky green in strong light.

HAIR • Messy, self cut black hair.

SPECIAL • (optional)

P E R S O N A ~

- POSITIVE TRAITS -

Charismatic • Strategic • Intelligent • Passionate • Observant

- NEGATIVE TRAITS -

Stubborn • Impatient • Blunt • Arrogant • Untrusting

PERSONALITY • ENTJ

QUOTE • "To think of shadows is a dangerous thing." - Victor Hugo

THEME SONG • TBA

RELATIONSHIPS • N/A

O T H E R ~

HISTORY • Caius was born and raised in the Imperial City, having been taken in by merchants when he was just a child. Having no recollection of his birth parents, but being so different from the imperials who raised him he was a naturally curious child, often filled with unanswered questions he balanced studies between working with his parents, constantly seeking new answers.

At 19 he had sought out the college on his own wishes, wanting to further his own studies. And with the college guaranteeing better opportunities than what a life selling wares could offer him, he took very little time in leaving the Imperial City behind him.

SPECIALIZATION • Major: Alteration Minor: Restoration

OTHER • Avid lute player.

[/i]

fbb06bc76ff1143104d8c728c8e59ba1-d9oil2p.jpg

Aveline Genetivi
B A S I C S ~

NAME • Aveline Genetivi

NICKNAME • Ave

AGE • 22

GENDER • Female

SEXUALITY • Heterosexual

RACE/SPECIES • Imperial

HOME COUNTRY • Anvil, Cyrodiil

L O O K S ~

HEIGHT • 5'8

WEIGHT • 120lbs

EYE COLOR • Amber

HAIR • long strawberry blonde hair, most often worn in a loose bun.

SPECIAL • n/a

P E R S O N A ~

- POSITIVE TRAITS -
Passionate • Gentle • Dedicated • Studious • Loyal

- NEGATIVE TRAITS -
Idealistic • Reserved • Impractical • Stubborn • Proud

PERSONALITY • INFP

QUOTE • "The fool who persists in his folly will be wise" - William Blake

THEME SONG • TBA

RELATIONSHIPS • n/a
O T H E R ~

HISTORY • Although born in Anvil, Aveline was no stranger to the dangers of Tamriel. Having been brought up by her uncle, she spent her former years traveling across Tamriel, her uncle teaching her the history and skills of the excavations he worked whilst filling his journals. By the time she turned 16 her uncle had fallen into madness, obsessing over his theories and excavations, spending the money he had worked so hard to earn in pitiful attempts to prove his claims. In spite of her concerns and humility, Aveline continued to work alongside her uncle until his death.

SPECIALIZATION • Major: Conjuration Minor: Alchemy

OTHER • N/A

[/i]

roma__breton__by_faasnu-d68r07w.png

Nova Perrett
B A S I C S ~

NAME • Nova Perrett

NICKNAME • None

AGE • 25

GENDER • Female

SEXUALITY • Heterosexual

RACE/SPECIES • Breton

HOME COUNTRY • Skyrim

L O O K S ~

HEIGHT • 5'6"

WEIGHT • 150 lbs.

EYE COLOR • Amber

HAIR • Brown/copper color, medium length, straight with multiple braids

P E R S O N A ~

- POSITIVE TRAITS -

Generous • Optimistic • Eccentric • Curious • Hard-working

- NEGATIVE TRAITS -

Reckless • Secretive • Overextends • Unrealistic • Low Self Esteem

PERSONALITY • INTP

QUOTE • "Hold on, I'm reading."

THEME SONG • WIP

RELATIONSHIPS • None at the moment (PM me!)

O T H E R ~

HISTORY • Nova was born in Skyrim to a former court wizard. Her mother had been in a secret relationship with the Jarl, and had been dismissed when she told him she was pregnant. Moving to Winterhold shortly after Nova's birth, the two lived there for all of Nova's life, until her mother died of sickness and Nova moved into the college around ten years ago.

SPECIALIZATION • Major in Restoration, Minor in Conjuration

OTHER • None

[/i]

the_eyes_tell_what_the_heart_feels_by_dymx-d7fb6is.jpg

Arkan Faust
B A S I C S ~

NAME • Arkan Faust

NICKNAME • None

AGE • 29

GENDER • Male

SEXUALITY • The Homo runs strong in this one

RACE/SPECIES • Breton

HOME COUNTRY • Daggerfall, High Rock

L O O K S ~

HEIGHT • 5'8"

WEIGHT • 133lbs

EYE COLOR • Honey Brown

HAIR • Black, quiff undercut, seven inches

SPECIAL • His physique is extremely healthy, due to his magic and a balanced lifestyle.

P E R S O N A ~

- POSITIVE TRAITS -

Loyal • Dedicated • Creative • Orderly • Astute

- NEGATIVE TRAITS -

Manipulative • Worrisome • Obsessive • Prejudiced • Selfish

PERSONALITY • An INTP, Arkan can be described as hardworking and focused—so focused, in fact, that he loses track of time and people around him. A man most obsessed with order and balance, he is devoted to his work, and sees his endeavours into the improvement of Restoration, not only as the betterment of society but also as a constant reinvention of himself. He built his identity growing up around being capable, and continues to cement this foundation by affirming his capacity as a mage through self-development. Due to his personal motivations, Arkan disregards appreciation or demand for his work; Arkan works only at his pace, and he works only on what he wants.

Arkan views those who can't wield magic as less fortunate and less capable, and has more than disdain for the locals who are prejudiced against magic. To him, anyone who shuns the potential of magic is a fool. Arkan doesn't have high hopes that the guards at Winterhold will stave off any further murders, but at the very least appreciates them for doing their job. Although he is prejudiced against people who don't use magic, Arkan believes that society has a very clear cut hierarchy. Arkan detests nobility and figureheads who are incapable of change, themselves, and believes that it is one's independent capacity that is the clear and obvious vehicle of change. Thus, Arkan believes that it is magic that is the most powerful vehicle of change.

Having been disconnected from common society for much of his life, Arkan finds the college of Winterhold a very hospitable place, and enjoys the few good company rather than the blatantly shallow connections the nobles flaunted back in High Rock. This disconnect from society also gives Arkan a very objective view about it, and he has an innate desire to improve society through magic, although such a thing has been very unwelcome ever since the Oblivion crisis. If Arkan had his way, he would design a society revolving hierarchically around magic.

He appreciates his fellow colleagues for the work and insight they offer, but ultimately, his favour is few and far between. He has a very healthy relationship to Colette Marence, the senior scholar of Restoration. Although his apathetic attitude towards the murder and his peers worries the motherly side of Colette, she believes, and has advised, Arkan to stop working and take a break. Arkan also has a very friendly relationship with Urag, eating with him frequently. Arkan personally does not like Enthir or Nirya, especially Enthir's less than legal schemes and Nirya's trash talk about Mirabelle; if anyone should be murdered next, Arkan would rather it be them.

When he isn't focused on his studies, Arkan spends his time on the balcony above the hall stargazing with food and alcohol. He has a marked interest in mixing potions with alcohol. If asked to share a drink, Arkan may just offer a suspicious potion bottle and deem it to be alcohol, but don't worry. Whatever maladies you come down with after drinking it, Arkan will cure after observing you for a day.

QUOTE • "What change can you hope for if you don't do it yourself?" -Arkan

THEME SONG • (Optional)

RELATIONSHIPS • Listed Below
  • Urag Gro-Shub
Dislikes:
  • Enthir
  • Nirya

O T H E R ~

HISTORY • Arkan was born into a family of priests who'd serviced the Temple of Kynareth in Daggerfall for generations. However, in the wake of the Oblivion crisis, there was still much Daggerfall had yet to recover from. Arkan was the second son of the family, and it was due to this that Arkan was never destined to inherit the mantle of Head Priest. Perhaps it was better that he never inherited the position: he was a rambunctious and spontaneous youth. Nevertheless, Arkan was bothered that he would be passed over for the sake of the firstborn tradition, and he undertook a quest to prove that he was capable of being the Head Priest. From a young age, Arkan was already steeped in restoration training, but he took it a step further and even began to create restoration spells. At the mere age of nine, Arkan had been creating spells that could cure common afflictions specific to the region and relieve simple symptoms of acute diseases. Creating these spells, no matter how small they were, quickly became something he loved. Restoration was no longer a family tradition... but something much more dynamic, something that he loved! Yet, such spells had been instantly shot down by his father.

First and foremost, they were priests, not mages. Arkan's family only practiced the spells of old they knew would always work, and should any of Arkan's spells have unintended consequences, the Temple of Kynareth would have faced severe backlash from Kynareth's followers. Arkan hated their ideology; with such options available, was it only proper to turn them down and just keep doing what they've done for centuries on end? It was at this moment that Arkan saw no future for him in the temple. They would never accept his efforts.

But the mages guild did.

Thenceforth, Arkan decided to spend time with the mages guild of Daggerfall, learning more about restoration than his family ever wanted to. At the age of eighteen, it was decided. Arkan would across Tamriel, seeking to become a scholar of restoration.

Of course, it was not all sunshine and rainbows now that he could do whatever he wanted. Leaving the temple and the comfort of the mages' guild, he came face to face with many troubling aspects of society that he never saw in Daggerfall(perhaps it was only now that he had opened his eyes). In attempts to help, Arkan used his restoration to his best efforts, but people were wary of magic. Some even despised it, what audacity! A gift that could help others, a blessed school such as restoration... who would want to turn it away? Arkan only began to understand why his temple stuck to their traditions at this point. Creating spells didn't make you a priest, they made you a mage, and in the wake of the Oblivion crisis, not everyone welcomes a mage.

Deciding instead that the flaw of ostracising magicians is now an inherent flaw of society, Arkan found the college of winterhold to be a true sanctuary. A small group of mages, living outside the boundaries of society and prejudice, was starkly different compared to the mages guilds that the ordinary treated with caution. To any nord who stumbled upon the college, it would've just been a cold and dangerous castle, but to Arkan, he had just found a safe haven to change society.

SPECIALIZATION • Major in restoration, minor in alteration

[/i]

8KOydLB.jpg

Gillan Llarethi
B A S I C S ~

NAME • Gillan Llarethi

NICKNAME • The Whirlwind of the East

Birthdate • 28th of Sun’s Dusk, TE 92 - The Atronach

GENDER • Male

SEXUALITY • Heterosexual

RACE/SPECIES • Dunmer

HOME COUNTRY • Morrowind

L O O K S ~

HEIGHT • 1.86 meters

WEIGHT • 80 kilogrammes

EYE COLOR • Crimson Red

HAIR • Bald

SPECIAL •

P E R S O N A ~

- POSITIVE TRAITS -

Intelligent • Wise • Cunning • Knowledgeable

- NEGATIVE TRAITS -

Arrogant • Stubborn • Distrusting • Impatient

PERSONALITY

Gillan was an incredibly intelligent individual who possessed such a large amount of experience that he had become one of the last prized remnants of the previous era, especially when it came to both his wisdom and magicks. He had an iron will that was said to be impregnable and there were very few on Nirn who could break it for his tongue was a flexible and deceitful one, able to manipulate those around him without compromise. He was prideful, but he had a sense of duty and cared greatly for the greater good. He had a high sense of ambition, but it was fractured to a degree by a form of selflessness in him. He was a strict individual, but it kept him able to command those around him. He was devious when it came to achieving his goals and had a great curiosity when it came to both the happenings of the past, the present and the future.

O T H E R ~

HISTORY

In the year 92 of the Third Era, Gillan was born as the son of two skilled mages of the Telvanni in the city of Llothanis, the second largest city of the Great House, into the minor Dunmeri noble house of Llarethi. As an infant and young child, he was fed and cared for by the slaves that served his parents, but was later educated and given limited training to the arcane arts by the local teachers within the city. Llothanis was a bustling trade hub when it came to trade on both land and at sea. Tens of thousands of slaves would yearly be bought and sold on the city's roots and within its maze-like houses. It was also the regional capital of the Boethia's Spine region. When the young Gillan had reached the age of ten years old, he was separated from his parents and sent to the city of Port Telvannis, the capital of the Great House, wich was also the largest city of the Telvanni. There he was given an education that was only proper for a future sorcerer of House Telvanni. He was trained in every school of magic for the coming years. He was a diligent student and his natural talent as a mage was even more noticeable than that of others. His magicks were used in such an efficient, precise and destructive way that he even once caught the eye of the Archmagister of House Telvanni, Rilvin Dral himself during a training session. At the age of fifty-nine, Gillan's education and training had come to its end and he was allowed entry into Thel Thenim, the seat of the Archmagister, and was brought under the employ of Archmagister Dral as a mere searcher for knowledge and magical power, but it seemed Rilvin took a great fondness to him .

House Telvanni endured throughout the long years of the Third Era under the Septim Empire, despite their long House Wars with the Hlaalu. Gillan wandered the plains of Morrowind for many years and delved into ruins of an ancient past to uncover hidden power and knowledge, whilst loyally serving Archmagister Rilvin. He witnessed the events of the Vvardenfell Crisis and the Rise of the Nerevarine, whilst also watching the Fall of the Tribunal Gods. He participated in the intrigue of Port Telvannis and survived, proving himself an exceptional man of politics and manipulation. He was eventually made the battlemage of Thel Thenim and was the personal advisor of the Archmagister who later rewarded him for his service with the powerfully enchanted blade known as Soul's Hunger.

In the year of 411 of the Third Era, Archmagister Rilvin Dral suddenly perished away what seemed to be a stroke, but some speculated it to be a case of Coprus, nonetheless, his body was quickly brought to rest as it turned into ash. But with the sudden death of the Archmagister, the Great House had to appoint a successor, but she made the system fall into chaos. Dral's successor was Ashila Neynan, a talented mage of a famed noble family, but whose ambitions and ideas weren't what the Telvanni had expected. Archmagistrix Ashila's stands were pro-Imperialistic and was eager to strengthen the authority of Mournhold's monarchy. Gillan lost the title of battlemage, but he remained a part of the household of Tel Thenim and his influence in Port Telvannis remained strong. For twenty years, a restless silence remained in Port Telvannis as the Parliament of Bugs, the ruling council of the Telvanni and the Mage Lords awaited what their new Archmagistrix would bring in the future, but the events in the Imperial Heartland of Cyrodiil soon shook Tamriel entirely.

In the year 433 of the Third Era, Emperor Uriel Septim VII and his three sons were all assassinated in the Imperial City during a festivity at the Imperial Arena. The Emperor was escorted out of the Tower of White-Gold by a small contingent of Imperial Knights who brought him to the infamous of the Imperial City with the hope to use its secret tunnel network to escape the capital, but the assassins were more cunning than they thought. The unknown assassins ambushed the Septim Emperor and his personal bodyguards in the sewers and killed the imperial sovereign. Without an heir to the Dragonblood, the Dragonfires within the Temple of the One darkened and soon the dreaded portals known as Oblivion Gates appeared throughout all of Tamriel, releasing their hordes of terror and destruction. One at Torval from which a huge Daedric horde would be unleashed, it completely slaughtered the inhabitants of the city and took the Khajiit capital for their own, only the Mane of Elsweyr was able to escape with a few members of his religious household. Tamriel was made aware of what was transpiring, but too late. At the city of Kvatch, the second largest city in Cyrodiil, an Oblivion Gate appeared as well and the Daedric army seized the city. Despite the city turning into a mere shadow of its former self, the settlement and the majority of its population were nonetheless saved by a figure known as the Hero of Kvatch. Later a devilish gate to Oblivion appeared at the Crystal Tower of the Summerset Isle and despite the grand efforts made by the Altmer to defend their most praised magical academy, it was destroyed.

In the Sacred East, it wouldn't remain quiet for long. The Sacred City of Swords, known more commonly as simply Vivec named after the Warrior-Poet, was suddenly besieged by the Daedra as well. Gillan also was part of the task force that the Archmagistrix had brought with her to come to the aid of the Holy City. The Battle of Vivec was later described in detail by Adaera Viraven, the Matriarch of the Tribunal Temple and the Archcanoness of Almalexia:

"Only a few days ago, the city of Vivec was besieged by a sudden onslaught of Daedra. As soon as the Gate appeared, it was attacked by multiple waves of siege weapons, that bombarded the city, as well as crawlers that drilled into the foundations of the Cantons. Within minutes, the Foreign Quarter was crumbling. The civilians had only begun to attempt evacuation as the city crumbled around them. A line of Ordinators was at the main gate to the Quarter, but as the Daedra advanced, they were crushed by the rubble of the collapsing canton. The Ordinators within the central cantons quickly evacuated whoever they could, but realised half the city would be felled, and half of their lives taken, by the time they could evacuate only one Canton. The duty of evacuation was then left to the Gondoliers of the city; they did what they could to bring the fleeing civilians to the mainland, though many perished. The Ordinators withdrew to the Cantons of St. Olms and St. Delyn, bringing anyone they could to the High Fane, meeting the battle-ready Clergy and one of the Imperial Legions to defend the city.”

“While the Ordinators and Priests, with a Legion as their rearguard, defended the remnants of the ruined city, the Archmagistrix of Great House Telvanni, Ashila Nenyan, arrived with a group of Telvanni Magisters, which promptly assaulted the Daedra with great magics, dwindling their forces quickly, and leaving them ripe for the still outnumbered soldiers to deal with. The High Fane had nearly collapsed itself. The Priests of the Temple went inside, and gathered many ashes, summoning Ancestral Spirits to defend their homeland. With their intervention, the daedric crawlers were halted, their drilling into the High Fane ceased, but only just as it was about to collapse. Still, the heroic Ordinators and Legion Soldiers pressed on, routing the rest of the Daedra, and driving their remaining siege weapons back.”

“The esteemed captain of the Ordinators, Relindrah Avethi, arrived at the city of Vivec shortly after the battle. Realizing that the city was completely in ruins, with all provisions snuffed out, or too little to share amongst a Legion and many Dunmer. She left the duty of guarding the ruined city to the Legion, leaving only a few Ordinators behind to scour the rest of the Daedra from the ruins. A majority of the Ordinators, the survivors who went to the High Fane instead of the surrounding lands, and the Priests, with many artifacts and Ashes brought from the collapsing interior of the High Fane, through a portal to the city of Almalexia.”

A few weeks later, news arrived from Black Marsh. The city of Stormhold had been attacked by a Daedric army that had come from an Oblivion Gate just two miles removed from the city. The Daedra were surprised attacked by a much larger horde of Saxhleel under the command of Raptor-Teeth, the Chief of Stormhold, who had received guidance from the Hist on how to protect him and his people from the enemy of the Other Side. The Daedric horde was successfully defeated by the Argonians and the enemy retreated back into their gate before vanishing from Nirn and returning to the Deadlands. In the North, the city of Daggerfall was attacked by a Daedric army as well and despite the efforts of its noble liege, King Justin I, of House Manves and his valiant warriors, the Knights of the Dragon, the settlement fell to the Daedra. The King of Daggerfall dared not to leave his men behind and therefore perished alongside them as the enemy captured the city.

King Helseth Hlaalu, the son of Queen Barenziah R'Aathim and General Symmachus, had left the throne of Mournhold and allowed the Imperial Hierarchy to appoint a successor to his seat. A close relative of Helseth, Rolora Hlaalu, once the Grandmistress of House Hlaalu, was appointed by the Elder Council and crowned Queen of Morrowind. Queen Rolora was a progressive monarch and was ambitious to expand her authority. So far even that she confiscate all property of House Dres, the Great House of the South, this was met with a great declaration of war. The Hlaalu Queen was supported by Orsimer, Saxhleel and Bosmer mercenaries, whilst also being reinforced by the bannermen of her Great House. The once great Indoril fortress of Old Keep was sacked by the Queen's mercenaries, the answer from the Great Houses and the Temple was one much stronger. In the grand city of Almalexia-Mournhold, Indoril-Temple forces assaulted the Royal Guard of the Hlaalu Queen in the inner city and locked them within the Royal Palace of Mournhold. The Grand Ascendant of House Indoril and the Captain of the Ordinators, Relindrah Avethi commented: With the betrayal of the Monarchy, her hand-picked Thugs shall be slain."

Meanwhile, the Telvanni had fallen into a civil war themselves. The Archmagistrix eagerly supported the cause of Queen Rolora, but the majority of the Mage Lords of the Telvanni had other ideas and rose up against their leader. The Mage Lord of Sadrith Mora, Vorar Ecuvaletion, headed for Vivec with his apprentice Mordastyr Hawkwing, a Breton from High Rock who was the heir to Anticlere, and his Bosmer retinue. They were aided by Relindrah Avethi and a small contingent of High Ordinators under her command. Master Vorar's plan was to infiltrate the Oblivion Gate at the city of Vivec that remained open and see if there was a way to close it. The Captain of the Ordinators, however, doubted that their plan would be a success and informed the Archmaster of House Redoran and Grand Magnate of House Dres of the plan, but this would be a fatal mistake. Archmaster Dralur and Grand Magnate Mavhas arrived at the ruinous city with a combined Dres-Redoran army. Despite the pleas and counsel of the Mage Lord, the forces of the two Great Houses entered the Oblivion Gate and engaged the Daedric horde within, but it did not take long or they were pushed out and had to fight for their lives. They were then reinforced by the Second Legion led by Legate Björn Stål who had held his troops in the slumbering ruins of the sacred city. With an extraordinary use of his magicks, Master Vorar managed to infiltrate the Oblivion Gate amidst the fighting. He defeated a Dremora Valkynaz, one of Mehrunes Dagon's mightiest of lieutenants, and was able to free a Knight of the Flame named Sir Argaan Silverthorn, a knight loyal to his apprentice's father. After all this, he took the Oblivion Gate's Sigil Stone from its pedestal and closed the portal to Nirn. In the end, it was Master Vorar's plan that worked, not that of his allies. But he was not hailed as the hero that he was, that only came just a few months later.

The Hlaalu Queen and the Archmagistrix of House Telvanni cooperated in a joint union against the three Great Houses of Indoril, Dres and Redoran, the Tribunal Temple and the Telvanni rebels. As the city of Almalexia-Mournhold was under Indoril-Temple control, Port Telvannis under the threat of an immediate Dres or rebel threat, and Narsis threatened by both Dres and Redoran, they were in need of a new base-of-operation. They choose the captured fortress of Old Keep. Reinforcements from Valenwood had been teleported to the fortification by the powerful magicks of the Telvanni. The Queen's mercenaries and sellswords later captured the ruins of Othrenis and continued to ravage the rolling plains of the Sacred East. The number of foreign mercenaries that entered Morrowind and came to the aid of Queen Rolora had grown to an incredible number, already reaching the number of roughly ten thousand troops, able to threaten the city of Almalexia-Mournhold itself.

In the northern territories of Morrowind, the Telvanni civil war carried on and the Archmagistrix was determined to bring an end to it by gaining the support of one of the mightiest and influential of the Mage Lords, Master Vorar Ecuvaletion. Many doubted that the Mage Lord in Tel Naga would kneel to the Hlaalu Queen and even Gillan Llarethi advised Archmagistrix Ashila against gaining the favour of Master Vorar to support the Queen, but she did not listen and headed for Sadrith Mora. Her lifeless head was found delivered a week later in a basket at the Royal Palace of Mournhold to Queen Rolora with the Mage Lord's words being carried by the wind: "Well, I took off her servant's head, now I will take off hers."

The Mage Lord of Sadrith Mora was determined to end the Telvanni civil war but crush the remaining royalists and be proclaimed Archmagister of House Telvanni by the Parliament of Bugs that resided in Port Telvannis. He sent his apprentice Mordastyr to the city of Almalexia-Mournhold as a temporary ward of Grand Ascendant Relindrah Avethi, whilst Master Vorar sailed for the capital city of Port Telvannis with several warships transporting large contingents of war-magi and sharpshooters. The colossal roots of Thel Thenim welcomed the Mage Lord and his troops with open arms and it took him a day to seize the defences of the capital and take control of its government. The Mage Lords who had first sided with Archmagistrix Ashila to aid the Hlaalu Queen now sided with the Ecuvaletion faction out of pure fear of Master Vorar who was famed for his incredible magical prowess. But the property of royalists and even former royalists were confiscated, some were even hunted down for execution on the charge of treason, and the household of Thel Thenim became filled with counsellors, spellwrights and sorcerers who had previously served either Rilvin Dral or Vorar Ecuvaleiton. Gillian Llarethi was given back his honorary title as battlemage of Thel Thenim and was made a lieutenant of the Ecuvaletion regime that was now seated in Port Telvannis.

As a lieutenant of the Ecuvaletion faction, Gillan was sent at the head of a task force of war-magi and sharpshooters to retake one of the last royalist strongholds in Telvanni territory, Gah Sadrith. The town was a valuable trade hub for the Telvanni and was ruled by the Altmer Mistress Eldale who was seated in the tower of Tel Darys. The assault on the coastal settlement was personally led by Gillan who commanded his troops from the front line as his magicks breached through the enemy lines. Once the war-magi and the sharpshooters had breached into the hallways of Tel Darys, Gillan Llarethi levitated into the air and landed on the roots of the tower where he encountered Mistress Eldale's personal battlemage and trusted lieutenant, the Altmer named Ultern. A grand magical duel began between the two battlemages with powerful magicks being unleashed upon one another. The barrages of magicks that Ultern wielded were much more powerful than those of Gillan, but the later made use of such a lethal precision and efficiency that it outweighed that of the Altmer and with a quick manoeuvre Gillan took his opponent off balance and cut him down with a mighty thrust of Soul's Hunger. From the Ultern's lifeless corpse Gillan acquired the Amulet of Seht's Warding before he raised his Ebony wakizashi to make his victory known. Inside the walls of Tel Darys, the war-magi overhelmed the household of the mushroom tower, even Mistress Eldale herself who was transformed into a mere pile of ash. A few days after the fall of Gah Sadrith, the last royalist stronghold of Tel Ouada fell into the hands of the Ecuvaletion faction's forces. The Parliament of Bugs declared Master Vorar Ecuvaletion, the Mage Lord of Sadrith Mora, to be the new Archmagister of the Telvanni and the Lord of Thel Thenim. Gillan Llarethi was made a temporary counsellor to the new Mage Lord of Tel Darys, Weikal Urenim, before he rejoined the war effort again a few weeks later.

A week after the last Telvanni royalists had been defeated, the Parliament of Bugs approved the financing of a House-wide campaign against House Hlaalu and the expansion of Telvanni territory on Vvardenfell. Archmagister Vorar let House Telvanni join the other three Great Houses and the Tribunal Temple in their war against the Hlaalu Queen, but his eyes were narrowed at the tactics and strategies used by the Redoran and the Dres hierarchies. In a few days, Telvanni war-magi and sharpshooters had captured the abandoned Dunmer fortresses of Telasero and Marandus before laying siege to the town of Suran, the Jewel of the Ascandian Isles, and the second largest settlement of House Hlaalu on Vvardenfell next to their primary seat of power, the city of Balmora. The Hlaalu garrison of the trade settlement was rather meagre and the town was captured just two weeks later, but the Telvanni forces remained to be stationed along the banks of Lake Masobi.

Reports then reached Port Telvannis that a large army consisting out of fifteen thousand Orsimer, Bosmer and Saxhleel mercenaries loyal to Queen Rolora were marching on the magnificent city of Almalexia-Mournhold with the intention on assaulting its colossal walls and re-establish royal authority. The capital was well-defended by Indoril-Temple forces, but it was a mere gamble if they were able to hold off such a large army on their own despite the strong defences the city had to offer. The information proved to be true and the mercenary army laid siege to the walls of Almalexia-Mournhold, but not for long. After a short period of preparing their assault, the mercenaries assaulted the great walls and gates of the outer city, but at that same moment, Lord Vorar Ecuvaletion, the Archmagister of House Telvanni, appeared inside the city with the forces of his Great House as they had used their magical circles to instantly teleport them in secret to their allies' aid. Gillan Llarethi was one of the senior lieutenants that were part of the Archmagister's army. The defenders vastly outnumbered the attackers in quality and the siege proved to be an outrageous disaster for the royalist cause. When the Siege of Almalexia-Mournhold had come to an end, Queen Rolora no longer saw any reason to continue the war and therefore abdicated her royal throne as she escaped the province and fled into hiding, never to return home.

An end was brought to the war, but also to the Oblivion Crisis as Martin Septim sacrificed himself by shattering the Amulet of Kings and became an Avatar of Akatosh, the Dragon God of Time, and personally defeated Mehrunes Dagon at the ruins of the Temple of the One, but this extraordinary feat cost him his life and he was forever frozen into a statue of lifeless stone. The Third Era had come to an end, and so the dawn of the Fourth Era had come as well. It proved disastrous for Gillan's home province. Red Mountain erupted and swallowed the entirety of Vvardenfell with ash, toxic smoke and waves of lava, during which, Archmagister Vorar went missing and was never seen again, along with his old master, Divayth Fyr. Just five years later, the Argonians of Black Marsh invade Morrowind and conquer its southern territories, even able to sack the cities of Almalexia-Mournhold, Tear and Narsis, but they were eventually stopped by the Redoran army. Gillan Llarethi himself saw no longer a reason to remain in Morrowind and travelled for the cold province of Skyrim and joined the College of Winterhold where he still had a few friends, though he always came to regret that he left the Telvanni and the Sacred East in general.

Gillan became a teacher at the College and taught his students the arts of Mysticism, but he was regularly annoyed by the weakness of his students' magical prowess compared to that of the mighty Mage Lords of the Telvanni. But he held calm and thought of the last days of the Third Era, of the pinnacle of House Telvanni's power and the strong unification that shortly existed in the province, before the Red Year ended it all. But only time will tell what now will happen to this battlemage.

SPECIALIZATION • Mysticism & Destruction

OTHER • As a Telvanni-Wizard, Gillan controls a lot more spells than anyone else at the College.

ITEMS •

Robe of Alteration
(Fortify Magicka & Regenerates Magicks)
Amulet of Seht's Warding (Spell Absorption)
Hawkshaw Ring
(Detect Key on self)
Ring of Medusa's Gaze (Paralysis on touch)

[/i]

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-22_15-41-34.png
    upload_2017-6-22_15-41-34.png
    244.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back