• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern College and Then Some (powers possible) - Looking for a couple more members)

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
This is NOT a superhero RP. However, abilities beyond human will be possible.

Set on the campus of Florida Institute of Technology. It is Fall of 2025. The world isn’t quite the Earth that you and I know. This Earth has individuals who aren’t quite what you and I would call normal.

For a brief time a few major cities, notably NYC and LA suffered a superhero movement where ordinary kids put on costumes and set about the business of vigilantism. That was back in 2010. In 2015 there was another smaller, lesser known wave of superheroes. These were borderline superheroes, though most would argue rational explanations for their abilities. Then in 2020 a very real superhero made the news. His name was Vanguard. He was something like Ironman, but with black armor and very secretive.

Vanguard’s career was short. He vanished as quickly as he had appeared. But in his wake a number of other superheroes took his place. Unlike Vanguard they were much like their predecessors - no match for technology. Most just ended up dead or in prison. What separated Vanguard was that he didn’t get involved in crime unless asked. He limited his efforts to disaster relief.

Of all, the true superheroes, only Vanguard made the news. The rest never quite made the public eye. Even tracking down rumors would be dangerous.

Now in 2025, the campus of Florida Tech has its share of unusual students and instructors. I cannot confirm or deny the presence of government agents on the lookout for possible metahumans.

Characters
Mainly I will be looking for students. I plan to create a few students myself. I will definitely be creating some instructors. Both may see roleplay. Some are married; some are not. All will have a full CS complete with face claims. (I prefer realistic face claims.)

Characters do NOT have to be powered. Feel free to run ordinary people. I plan to.

All characters should be able to pass for humans. If you are caught, you may disappear.

LGBTQ
I virtually never use this tag. I find that it invites such to the point of making anyone who does not practice an alternative lifestyle feel uncomfortable, leaving the impression that they must create a similar character to join in. That said, you are welcome to create such characters. I already have two myself, though they are not main characters. They ARE detailed though, complete with family history and backstory.

If anyone has questions about this, ask me in OOC.

Powers
Powers should be minor, no real match for police and military. Certainly they can offer major advantages. But this is not Marvel or DC. The powered characters will be just trying to live a normal life (mostly). Having one's power revealed is a good way to end up a target.

Powers should NOT be based on gear. This isn’t cyberpunk. I am looking for innate, inborn powers if you are going to have them.

Weaknesses
If you are going to have Powers, Weaknesses will be a MUST.

Plots
There will be multiple plots/ scenes in concurrent play. Characters may only be in one scene at a time. Romance is open within site limitations.

Posting
3rd person past tense
Decent spelling and grammar
2-3 paragraph minimum

Last edited:
Ooh, this looks pretty interesting! Though I do kinda wanna play a powerless student...

I would like to do this, one question is if it is okay that the powers are something like wings?
Not unless they can completely disappear. You need to pass for human. There will almost certainly be government agents watching … and more nefarious types.

Was waiting until we had more interest. Four is a dead minimum. At the moment I am on an iPad away from home. Hoping to start to get things rolling this weekend.

Edited (new link) Will be added to the CS thread shortly with some comments.

Last edited:

On my iPad until tomorrow. Hoping this link works.

not the best CS. Missing things like Major and Student / Teacher / Other.
Do we have to wait to fill it out, or can we just go ahead and fill it out?​

Go ahead and start. Will get a CS thread started when I get home tomorrow. Hoping I did link to blank right from my iPad. If not, you guys may be overwriting one another. Ie copy and paste blank. I’m not really picky about format. Just want it readable with enough info to get a feel for the character.

Go ahead and start. Will get a CS thread started when I get home tomorrow. Hoping I did link to blank right from my iPad. If not, you guys may be overwriting one another. Ie copy and paste blank. I’m not really picky about format. Just want it readable with enough info to get a feel for the character.
Um, I can't edit the Doc, so, can I just PM you the details instead?​

Added in the first post

(Note: I updated the blank CS as promised with some explanations in the CS thread.)

Added some lists of Students and teachers. A few comments, ages for most. Many may never get used. But they will be there. Some of the teachers have kids attending. I'll work on CS updates and link them in later.

I am placing edit suggestions on some character sheets - typically in some other color (green).

x_Tasia_X x_Tasia_X I am extremely leery of telepathy in an RP. I have never allowed it in the past as it tends to break RP's. We will have a LOT of characters with secrets. For the moment the character is declined. Going to take some time to think on it.

I am placing edit suggestions on some character sheets - typically in some other color (green).

x_Tasia_X x_Tasia_X I am extremely leery of telepathy in an RP. I have never allowed it in the past as it tends to break RP's. We will have a LOT of characters with secrets. For the moment the character is declined. Going to take some time to think on it.
I completely understand! I don’t mind changing it to something else.

Thanks ... powers like that just work better in a table top rpg, even then better in the hands of NPCs. Hard to guess what everyone is thinking and takes forever to write it all down. Then you have to consider whether the character who would be thinking bad thoughts when in a crowd. And could they be detected when eavesdropping?

As to her Major, there will be a few characters she might take an interest in. One was once a popular psychic similar to the Mentalist. She would be the first to tell people that psychics are a scam. And then there is a friend of hers, the REAL psychic.

Thanks ... powers like that just work better in a table top rpg, even then better in the hands of NPCs. Hard to guess what everyone is thinking and takes forever to write it all down. Then you have to consider whether the character who would be thinking bad thoughts when in a crowd. And could they be detected when eavesdropping?

As to her Major, there will be a few characters she might take an interest in. One was once a popular psychic similar to the Mentalist. She would be the first to tell people that psychics are a scam. And then there is a friend of hers, the REAL psychic.
I never thought about it like that. That does sound like a handful.

As for those character Nina definitely would take an interest in those characters. She’s fascinated by the human mind, and being able to see into it would be a dream for her nerdy self.

(Ps: I changed her power. Hopefully this one works better for this setting 👍)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back