• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Collation [Forum] [Dice]

Pick A Game

• Eternity Beckons

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bureau for Inhuman Activities

• Werewolf: The Forsaken

• Infinite Macabre

• Horror on the High Sea

• A Machine for Sins

• Inquisicom: Heretic Unknown

• Total voters
I believe I expressed interest in the Infinite Macabre game last time, and would still be interested. Would you allow non-canon splats in it?

You did, but I'll need to be fairly fuckin' sold on a custom splattered.

Answers for the rest of Ye come afternoon. Skari, I have no doubt you'd turn up a solid concep

I voted for Werewolf and Infinite Macabre, but I realized afterwards it's nWoD and I know very, very little of that. Most of my experience is with the old systems. (By "most," I mean "I've played a were-horse in the nWoD, but that's it," so I'd need to learn a lot of rules and culture/background/lore.)

For the Bureau for Inhuman Activities!

Edit: But I'd play whichever one you ran- they /all/ look like awesome good fun!

Indeed, they all look fun! But I'm here to protect my kind from things they really don't wanna know! I wanna know things I don't wanna know! Iz good!

If it's possible I'd like to be a backup for the werewolf game incase someone isn't able to play..

• Name: Kain Brigham

Description: A young caucasian man of average height with black hair and brown eyes. He doesn't seem to have any noteworthy features and tends to fade into the background.

Virtue: Prudence

Vice: Greed

Auspice: Irraka

Tribe: Hunters in Darkness

Kain was taken to an orphanage in a nearby city after his home town was destroyed in a natural disaster. Because his parents were unknown and no one came to claim him, he became a ward of the State. The orphanage became his home and while understaffed he was taken care. Kain would often slip out of the orphanage and explore the nearby streets and alleyways. While this did get him in trouble, it often taught valuable lessons in what street life was like.

When he reached maturity he decided to set out on the road instead of staying in the city. Travelling wasn’t easy and he often resorted to stealing to make it through his travels. His first change came upon him after being chased through a forest by a group of men for trying to pickpocket one of them. When the change came he easily avoided them and slipped away deeper into the forest. Unknown to Kane however he had caught the attention of a nearby tribe of Hunters in Darkness who brought him into their tribe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forsaken is probably the single most accessible game I know, so don't you worry for a moment

Grey said:
Forsaken is probably the single most accessible game I know, so don't you worry for a moment
Really? It seems kind of complex from what I've seen, though I haven't taken an in-depth look at it yet.

Grey said:
You did, but I'll need to be fairly fuckin' sold on a custom splattered.
Answers for the rest of Ye come afternoon. Skari, I have no doubt you'd turn up a solid concep
For the custom splat, I've really been wanting to try Dragon: the Embers. However, a quick Google search reveals it's undergone some changes since I last looked, and it seems to be pretty obscure.

As another possibility, Genius: the Transgression seems to be pretty stable and has good reviews. If neither of those grabs you, I suppose I would go with Mage.

Some of Werewolf's ideas intrigue me, but I don't have the book, nor money to drop on it right now.

CrawlingChaos74 said:
Really? It seems kind of complex from what I've seen, though I haven't taken an in-depth look at it yet.
While not as easy as systems like Savage Worlds or Fudge or a number of 'universal' systems, the Storyteller system in all it variations is one of the easiest systems there is. You want complicated look at some of they systems Fantasy Games Unlimited did back in the 80's Space Opera and Aftermath will give you a whole new definition of complex. Games like Chartmas--er Rolemaster and Leading Edge's Phoenix Command System were also complicated due to the insane amount of charts. Games on the Phoenix Command System had a book that was nothing but charts!!! As bad as those were Aftermath and Space Opera, while fun games ruled the roost for complicated--an Aftermath character took about 4-6 hours to make if you knew what you were doing and a Space Opera Character 1.5 to 2 times that. But I guess complicated it relative as almost any game today is simple of you played almost any game from the 80's (With the exceptions of game like Toon or the Ghostbusters RPG) so to an old fogey gamer like me most every game today seems simple :tongue:.

Why in my day we had to make our characters in 5 feet of snow while walking uphill--both ways--and we liked it!!! **he said in his best "old man" voice.**:cool: :D

Got two concepts depending on the game's setting, perhaps you guys could help select which one I should finish stating.

Character model:

Nas
For super urban, in the middle of a city, we have...Swift Claw. A Cahalith Iron Master (Farsil Luhal) who had been saved from death alongside agang he used to run with in one of (sadly) many shootings by visions of the City and the Moon inspring him on the night of the shooting to script down a song as his crew left him behind to enjoy their last moments at local fast food outlet. Swift found himself being guided into one of the few natural areas in his neighborhood where he started rapping the song, which slowly turned into almost musical grunts and howls as he underwent his First Change. He could see the spirits around him, trying to get closer as he howled out loud to the moon, but they could not get any closer for the young werewolf was in the middle of a Ward, one that repelled spirits and humans, set up by the neighborhood's local Pack. The next day, Swift woke up to the sight of gang of 6 people looking over him, each one from a completely different way of life, each one of them unique, and yet...they were One, Whole, something that his gang never was. Then the woman spoke and he found himself listening like his life depended on it. The tale was one he vaguely remembered howling, that he found himself speaking alongside her to the rest of the gang's surprise and the woman's satisfaction. She continued and told that under no terms was he allowed to return stay on their territory, his gang had been killed because someone was looking for him specifically, she did however, guide him to a place where they could teach him to take advantage of the city's apparent interest in him, a Tribe of curious wolves, interested in the new world that humans had built for themselves.

Character model: Skye Sweetnam

She's the other concept, Winter Song, an Ithaeur Storm Lord (Iminir), a rather strange one at that. As far as anyone was concerned, she was always that strange, growing up being able to sense spirits would do that to a kid, but things got even worse when her relatives visited from time to time, the spirits around her all fled screaming unintelligible words, but it was clear that her relatives terrified them to an amazing degree. Her First Change, thanks to her connection with the spirits made it so much worse than it had any right to be, and by the end of that hellish night, she found herself in a cell in the local police station, smelling of soot and blood. Her family and her home had been burnt down to ashes the previous night, and as the sole survivor, she was under suspicion, her ranting and raving in her sleep when they had brought her in about living moons and angry suns did not help matters either. That night, her Relatives came by and quickly got her out, dragging her away from her destroyed life and into one that honestly terrifies her. However, she kept it hidden as she tried to emulate her Relatives' stoic outlook...it didn't work, and after a particularly heated argument, she snapped. Coming to the next day, she found herself in a cave, with a dangerous man who introduced himself as her grandfather. He offered her a chance to exercise the weakness out of her body and soul, and to become part of a Tribe that would forever make her strong.

My current idea is a Cahalith, but I'm not sure on the tribe yet (leaning towards Bone Shadows). The man did not want to work the family farm, but rather become a teacher and help the students become the best they could be.

When he woke up beside two of his student torn apart, he ran. He knew this was his doing, he had dreamt it enough times before. He was found by others like him and they helped him. Now he teaches other kind of students to be the best they can and he strives for the same, but he will never forgive himself for the deaths he caused.

Might work some more on this.

Ah, if you're doing a Cahalith then Skari, I guess I'll be heading full force into my Ithaeur Storm Lord.

Then I think I'd play a Rahu Iron Master. From a young age, he was very physically strong, and in a country fair he saw two booths one next to the other, of a woodworker and a metalworker, and was fascinated both by their bulging muscles, as by their use of said strength to bend wood and metal to their will, and into new shapes. As he grew up, he joined wrestling and other sports teams, to build his strength, while he occasionally took some classes in woodworking and metalworking, to learn more on how to emulate the guys he saw at the fair.

Years later, when robbers burst into a country fair he went to, he lost it, and woke up later, with the two guys he met years ago, covered in blood, and they explained to him the mantle he has finally gained.

I consider Werewolf to be super accessible because:

1. Werewolves know their heritage

2. Werewolves have a purpose in the world

3. Werewolves have a territory

4. Werewolves have a pack

5. Each pack member has a role

6. Modern day setting

That, to me, makes it amazing for new or inexperienced players - instant group cohesion, everyone gets spotlight, and there's a defined location for the players to get attached to. It's also really good for first time GMs for much the same reasons.

Game will be set in Wicklow, Ireland. Only one character actually has to be Irish.

Forsaken are actually more numerous than Pure in Ireland.

I will probably take some stuff from the Idigam spoilers and extrapolate here and there - I might use the new Harmony, for example.

There will be a forum shortly, but the game might start for some time.

Runner Up

Infinite Macabre and Bureau will happen 'ere long, so don't lose hope you guise.

Wicklow, huh? Guess there'll be wolves in them there mountains...

That makes the game super creep already.

So eight people voted Forsaken,

Get in here and make yourselves known so I can make you fight over slots/cherry pick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back