• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Collation [Forum] [Dice]

Pick A Game

• Eternity Beckons

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bureau for Inhuman Activities

• Werewolf: The Forsaken

• Infinite Macabre

• Horror on the High Sea

• A Machine for Sins

• Inquisicom: Heretic Unknown

• Total voters
Grey said:
@Kaerri Would you still like to give Forsaken a try?
Sure, though it would help if I could get a hold of a book. :) I've played Werewolf in the past, but always Apocalypse - I know next to nothing of the Forsaken lore, except what I can find through wikis (White Wolf's wiki, the ever-helpful Wikipedia, and Wikifur), which information is by nature rather basic. Based on those, I'd like to try
an Irraka Hunter-in-Darkness. A former serviceman, perhaps an Army Ranger type, came back from a combat tour with what he thought was PTSD but which may have been an early sign of Uratha aggression. (I see from character sheets that we don't have Rage anymore, but it's still mentioned as a non-stat trait.) Not sure of First Change circumstances yet, but now he uses his military skills, augmented by werewolf abilities, to protect what he holds dear.
...although I just realized someone else has proposed a character with that auspice/tribe already. Oops. Well, I could adapt the concept to Rahu or Blood Talon fairly easily if you don't want duplicates, or come up with someone new. I've just never been into the half-moons and everything else seems "taken" now. ;)

Alternately, I do actually have the Changing Breeds book and could put together something out of that, but the wikis make it sound like "inter-species" relations aren't all that great.

Kaerri said:
Sure, though it would help if I could get a hold of a book. :) I've played Werewolf in the past, but always Apocalypse - I know next to nothing of the Forsaken lore, except what I can find through wikis (White Wolf's wiki, the ever-helpful Wikipedia, and Wikifur), which information is by nature rather basic. Based on those, I'd like to try
an Irraka Hunter-in-Darkness. A former serviceman, perhaps an Army Ranger type, came back from a combat tour with what he thought was PTSD but which may have been an early sign of Uratha aggression. (I see from character sheets that we don't have Rage anymore, but it's still mentioned as a non-stat trait.) Not sure of First Change circumstances yet, but now he uses his military skills, augmented by werewolf abilities, to protect what he holds dear.
...although I just realized someone else has proposed a character with that auspice/tribe already. Oops. Well, I could adapt the concept to Rahu or Blood Talon fairly easily if you don't want duplicates, or come up with someone new. I've just never been into the half-moons and everything else seems "taken" now. ;)

Alternately, I do actually have the Changing Breeds book and could put together something out of that, but the wikis make it sound like "inter-species" relations aren't all that great.
I don't mind if you take that auspice/tribe, I mostly made it get the character gen down. I'll probably make him into half-moon with a wandering sage concept, so I don't have redo all of it.

I found this pretty helpful in making him, and it does cover the basics pretty well I think.

Well, I believe I can walk you through it easily enough in the forum, if you'd like in. If it turns out not quite to your liking, better we know soon enough to give someone else the slot. But I would like to have you in a game and this is a good place to start.

For reference, the First Change typically happens in the character's late teens as is usually presaged by supernatural activity - hauntings, strange dogs, often being bitten by a wolf (which is how a Pack enacts the necessary magic to find you after your Change and take you in).

Remember also the game will be set in Ireland, and you'll all be relatively young Werewolves, so how your character winds up there is something to consider.

I believe so far we've got a Rahu Iron Master, an Ithaeur Storm Lord, and a Cahalith Bone Shadow.

Like my lady, I have an interest in this too, but if you've already got 8 players.... Whoo....

Honor and fun,

Dann

Dannigan said:
Like my lady, I have an interest in this too, but if you've already got 8 players.... Whoo....
Honor and fun,

Dann
Believe me Dannigan, I'd love to have you, but I set a max of five and now I've got to pick from the entrants.

CrawlingChaos74 said:
I found this pretty helpful in making him, and it does cover the basics pretty well I think.
Thanks, that looks like it'll be just what I need when it comes time for filling in the dots. :D
Grey said:
Well, I believe I can walk you through it easily enough in the forum, if you'd like in. If it turns out not quite to your liking, better we know soon enough to give someone else the slot. But I would like to have you in a game and this is a good place to start.
For reference, the First Change typically happens in the character's late teens as is usually presaged by supernatural activity - hauntings, strange dogs, often being bitten by a wolf (which is how a Pack enacts the necessary magic to find you after your Change and take you in).

Remember also the game will be set in Ireland, and you'll all be relatively young Werewolves, so how your character winds up there is something to consider.

I believe so far we've got a Rahu Iron Master, an Ithaeur Storm Lord, and a Cahalith Bone Shadow.
It looks interesting, and I'm willing to learn - I'm mostly concerned that I'll be too much trouble, but if you don't mind, I don't mind. ;) Being a relatively new werewolf could help, too.

No worries, @Grey! I understand.

I hope everyone has a great time! =)

Honor and fun,

Dann

Anyone who didn't get into the first round of Werewolf will be admitted:

- If someone quits, especially if they vanish from the site

- When the Pack completes a plot arc and is rewarded with... a freshly Changed young Uratha in need of guidance.

- First refusal of the Werewolf slot in Macabre

Grey said:
- When the Pack completes a plot arc and is rewarded with... a freshly Changed young Uratha in need of guidance.
Good LORD this scares me for some reason.

laughingBaleHounds.jpeg

cacklingMael'jinn.wav

ominouslysilentIdigam.rite

Users who are viewing this thread

Back