• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

"MAC" / MCMILLAN

"I sure hope so." She said to Father Martin with a melancholic smile. It seemed that a little bit of shared faith managed to distract her from the rapid transition of her life or lack thereof in their current state of purgatory. "And Mac will do just fine, Father." She then gave the Finn a light nod of acknowledgement, before acquainting herself with the man donning a spectral hat. It was only after Alinovi's introduction did McMillan truly felt the weight of her impulsive decision burying her feet. "Long as you'll do right by me. Even in purgatory, I'm keen on keeping my oath right as rain." She replied to the man sharply, almost as if her hunch was as solid as it often came about. With the current state of affairs, it was natural for her natural instincts to kick in. Developed from her line of work, Mac was sure to keep her intuitions close, until proven otherwise, despite her civil tact. Instead of throwing out the handcuffs and resting her knees over the necks of the usual suspects in the room, Mac chose to abide by her amiable patience. "I'm not gonna even try to pronounce your name, respectfully. Hope you don't mind me calling you by Anthony." She said to the Italian with a dry chuckle, knowing that she will just end up butchering his family name with her southern drawl. On the other hand, her viridiant optics were all over the man, almost as if she was sizing him up in silence.

Even now, the rationale of a once-brilliant keeper of the peace eludes her. Shaken by her own ardor, the petite paladin wondered if it was truly her own distinction or that of a coping mechanism to distract her from a recent tragedy. But in the grand scheme of things, it was not difficult to convince oneself to pick up the lonely sword down the untouched boulevard of broken dreams. inveiglement of the illusion of choice. Alas, she felt a sense of comfort in the multitude of company, a peculiar sentiment of hope at the end of the world - that humanity was able to come together. Having seen the worst of it during the Fall of Washington, the officer have yet to fully extinguish the flames of destruction within her.

She would be lying to herself if she unmindfully dismiss the vestige of adrenaline that coursed through her veins. She felt the dark desire of harming another human being wrestling for control of her heart - all in the name of justice and order. But before she could let it get the better of her senses, another voice broke through the fading visages around her. A voice that she had not heard for some time over spilled whiskeys.

McMillan then recalled his name, as she studied his dress blues. Her eyes then widened, greeting the man with a flushed expression. "Oerlikon." A playful nickname she had given him following their brief separation in pursuit of their divided path of careers. It fitted him quite nicely, given his time in the service. Dropping her sleeves slightly, the woman closed her distance with the quartermaster. Her arms then converged upon his flanks, before fulfilling their encirclement of his broad torso, although barely due to the perceivable difference in their heights.

"You half-baked potato! Thought you were a goner!" She raised her voice, embracing Obrekon wholeheartedly as she tried her best to hold in her tears. Burying herself in his dark uniform, she could not help but take a deep inhalation to savor his scent. It would not be right a thousand times over for her to shake off a friend that she shared a portion of her childhood with. Pulling herself back, she gave him a brief look of relief.

"I hope you brought some Jacks. 'Cause I could really use some right now." McMillan smiled softly, with her green eyes welling up. Never had she thought herself to be this sentimental. At the very least, in that moment, she felt human again.

Turning towards the priest once again, she had already made her choice. Renewed by a malleable form of hope and faith, she was sure to do her best to keep her given oath - to serve and protect. She gave the others an eyeful, taking heed of their declared names.

"So, what's the game plan?" Mac raised her voice, this time with a determined tone, but to no particular soul. In fact, she was gauging the room for any particular discrepancies in their shared causes. If any were made known now, it would save her the troubles to determine the threat from within before the real battle would begin in earnest. But only time will tell, contemplated the officer.

Interacted: Father Martin ( Stros Stros ); McNeel Obrekon ( Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 ); Anthony Alinovi ( Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian )

Mentioned: Liah Härkönnen ( RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun )

1656034982054.png
Mcneel Obrekon
Interaction: Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59
His previous pissed off expression washed away hearing his old nickname confirming it was his old friend. “Soo it is ya though so could tell by ta tone of ya voice” Mcneel couldn’t help but laugh, the hug was more then welcome returning the gesture in kind, he‘d expected to meet her again let alone it end up being per chance out of the billions of people that might have been picked. “ Ie same thought ere, Macy, same ere..” he’d say his own tone turning a sad mostly out of happiness to see em. her Old nickname being blurted out. He’d just stay in the moment for a while.. considering what they where told... he was so lucky to at least have a friend with him unlike the others. He’d step back a little grin still present on his face. He’d check his coat actually procuring the bottle of liquor form within his uniform. “Course I do wouldn’t be seen dead without it tho suppose I am seems spirits follow too“ he’d laught a little at the dumb arse jokes, he’d take a swig form the bottle, leaning on the side of a random pillar to watch what else was going on offering the bottle to mac incase she really did need that drink.

Helmi Marttinen

"I have always wanted to be a mysterious hell person's lackey. Lifelong dream, really. I accept, not that there really is any other choice." Helmi stood from the seat and stretched her sore limbs. Helmi's mind was working overtime now that the shock was wearing off. First off, hell was real and she was dead. Wow. Points? Was this a game? Wait, if they were doing clockman's job and his job was to "exterminate hell" and we were beamed in to do his job for freedom, what's left after hell is gone? Floating around in empty space did not sound like the best of times.

Each question just brought forth more. Luckily Helmi was brought back to reality by the sound of a recognizable tongue cutting through the fog. The hackers head snapped to the source and Helmi's eyes widened in recognition and surprise at what she saw. A grin sprouted on Helmi's face and she went to approach the intense woman.

"hyviä asioita, joiden puolesta taistella, Ylikersantti Översergeant."

Wow, very cool,
Ylikersantti Översergeant.

"Am I glad to see you here. I took a peek at your file when we were still, you know, not the last remnants of humanity. You have killed a lot of people. I think. I was diving through the FSIS database. I wasn't like, trying to find you, just came up while I was looking for an account to piggyback off of. Oh, s-sorry. Helmi Marttinen. I am- was a online security consultant. Sorry for invading your privacy and uh, stuff. I was just doing a lot of digging around looking for classified info before all of... this. If it makes you feel any better I er- thought your file was very impressive." Helmi talked at a million miles an hour, starting with a boost of confidence that slowly tapered off the longer the disheveled hacker stood beside the terrifying woman. Helmi chuckled nervously and took a step back before sticking a stiff hand out for a handshake. "Very nice to meet you. I uh, wish the circumstances were better, amirite. Don't hurt me." More nervous chuckling. Helmi was sweating slightly and avoiding eye contact at this point.

RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun

Users who are viewing this thread

Back