• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Cold Was The Night

What lyric comes after "Don't cry to me oh baby"

• "Your future's in an oblong box"

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • "You should have seen it a-coming on"

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • "I don't know it was in your power"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Dead-end soul for a dead-end girl"

• "And now your life drains on the floor"

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • "Die, die, die my darling"

• Total voters

FTR

One Thousand Club
Cold Was The Night
giphy.gif
A group of friends plan to go on a cross country trip to Alaska from Colorado via I-70 W in an RV.
6f3efed5743e6097eda3ca61994f4615.jpg
Everything is going great until they hit Montana, then things start getting weird.
A wreck (or something idk), tests their patience and forces them off the main road into a supposed "shortcut" through an unmarked forest road.
At first, it starts off as something not totally obvious, maybe a wrong turn or the short cut ending up much longer instead. GPS goes haywire, electronics go down intermittently and they notice they haven't seen anyone else on the road for hours. The supposed 10ish hour trip across the state stretches out to 13 hours.
Then 15
Then night falls on the forest road.
It brings uncharacteristic cold, even for Montana, accompanied by a deep fog..... A cold that bites into your very soul, bringing out the worst in everyone. (kinda like the sonic wave emitter, cellphone thing that makes everyone murderous in that movie where Mace Windu plays a rich hipster plotting world domination and cockneys have to save the day..........but with cold fog instead...and not as intense or violent Kingsman: Secret Service*)
It is at this point that the actual horror movie aspect kicks in. Time starts to act funny, days and nights have no logical pattern, sometimes lasting less than an hour other times well over a week. Visions and hallucinations start up, weird marks on people's bodies, things written on the windows, objects and structures appearing and disappearing out of the blue, fuel cans left in creepy ways along the road, etc. Staying in one spot isn't an option because after the second night cycle they spend at rest they show up (haven't decided what they are yet, open to suggestions).
Eventually (Gods of attention span willing!) they'll hit the unpaved loop of the endless road, then finally run out of diesel and have to go on foot, at which point the road will start to disappear and things will go zero to Blair Witch real quick. Near the end, night will fall perpetually. The cold won't come immediately, it's presence marked by the fog that comes and goes.

Maybe more stuff, maybe less stuff. idk, these are just the ramblings of an insomniac.
Imagine Blair Witch Project meets Grave Encounters meets The Evil Dead meets The Mist
but minus the production quality and good writing :T
Oh, and everyone dies obviously
so, if this turns into something, take it in stride when your time comes.
giphy2.gif

Last edited:
Yeah most of the RPs here are bent towards a specific goal or slice of life. People inherently like their characters to survive and "win", so an RP where you're expected to die is a bit hard to swallow. Personally, I just don't like thriller/horror in any media

Yeah most of the RPs here are bent towards a specific goal or slice of life. People inherently like their characters to survive and "win", so an RP where you're expected to die is a bit hard to swallow. Personally, I just don't like thriller/horror in any media
Too bad dying is the best part of being alive

"Ye lord! Mask of blood and flesh, all creation, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! On the wall of blue flame, inscribe a twin lotus. In the abyss of conflagration, wait at the far heavens. Hadō 63:Sōren Sōkatsui!"
Hadou73SorenSokatsui.gif

"Ye lord! Mask of blood and flesh, all creation, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! On the wall of blue flame, inscribe a twin lotus. In the abyss of conflagration, wait at the far heavens. Hadō 63:Sōren Sōkatsui!"
Hadou73SorenSokatsui.gif
Me after reading that
giphy (2).gif

This is exactly something I wanted to do, granted I wouldn't put the fact that it was a horror rp in the interest check. I would have drawn in a big audience, and when everyone's invested, pull off the slice-of-life mask and reveal the horror that lies within. Like real characters in a real horror film, they won't know what they signed up for until the ride starts... mwahahaha....

Anyways, this sounds like fun! Now I gotta decide who of my characters I wanna kill.

Well.......I guess I'm a rare breed then.

Looks like this interest check is officially
failed_stamp.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back