• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Cold War: 1945 (REBOOT)

The Omen of Death

My presence has marked your eventual demise.
In the dawn of what was WWII, just a month later, the world is in the process of working to recover, all appears well as it seems that the world will be coming together united to keep world peace... However not all is as it seems as there is the tension held within, Communism and the Free World are going to be engaging in a war that may not necessarily end in bloodshed and more guns, but more of political maneuvering and the periodic war. A time of competition in almost all aspects is about to occur, whose side will you join in this Cold War?

Basically, a RP that takes place after WWII, one month later on October 1st, so now the world's nations need to work on recovery and go back into a semi-normal time as the Cold War brews, which depending on what happens may possibly descend into a possible 3rd World War. Alt history can occur, but it must be realistic and be something plausible.

We will start on October 1st of 1945 and we will move forward from there onwards, if this RP doesn't die I am planning on keeping this going from 1991 onwards as well with whatever has occurred over the course of the RP staying and see how the modern world pans out.

You can also claim nations now, so with that I will be claiming Yugoslavia.

Claimed Nations:

Yugoslavia: The Omen of Death The Omen of Death
United States of America: Pat Pat
UK's German Occupation Zone/Eventually West Germany: Braddington Braddington
Mandatory Palestine: greenhawk greenhawk
Italy: Lenny2000 Lenny2000
Poland: Grammatic Grammatic
USSR: CabalAnomicPotato CabalAnomicPotato
Japan: Master Hand Master Hand
Switzerland: ANTIOPTIS3 ANTIOPTIS3

Last edited:
What are the rules for the RP?
Here they are.

RULES:
1. Please maintain a sense of realism. This can obviously go in alt history directions, but they need to be grounded in realism.
2. Keep all OOC chat in the OOC section.
3. No powergaming or metagaming.
4. All my decisions are final.
5. All NPC nations will follow their historical timelines unless stated otherwise by myself or unless something affects a nation's decision that causes it to stray away from history.

Alright. Will we use the Forum only? And what nations can we take, for the record?

Also, shouldn't we be able to go alt-history?

Alright. Will we use the Forum only? And what nations can we take, for the record?

Also, shouldn't we be able to go alt-history?
Any nation can be used, including areas that are still colonial possessions (like the British Raj which if everything would go down like it did in history will go independent in 1947) and it will be forum only, however discreet communication between nations will be handled by PM however I will need to be shown them as I need to make sure its plausible and so that I know what's going on as I am GMing this RP.

Also you can go alt-history, it again just needs to be grounded in realism, like for example the USSR can treat Yugoslavia with respect and which in turn can cause Yugoslavia to possibly sign with the Warsaw pact or Comintern or anything of that nature. Alt-History can and will happen it simply needs to be realistic and nothing too outlandish.

Just wanted to check it's alright there. Now I do wonder whether or not I can start as a British protectate (don't worry, won't be a protectate for long). I have several countries I want to play.

Just wanted to check it's alright there. Now I do wonder whether or not I can start as a British protectate (don't worry, won't be a protectate for long). I have several countries I want to play.
I just said you can play anything, (except currently one of the German occupation zones, which if everything goes down historical route will become West and East Germany in 1949)

I wonder though if you can be the British Raj can you be one of the 2 German occupation zones that will officially become Nations in 1949? If so then I would rather claim the west.
Ok you know what I will change the policy that people can play as one of the Military occupation zones, (though techncially its 4 when you consider France's, the UK's and the US's occupation zones.

I wonder though if you can be the British Raj can you be one of the 2 German occupation zones that will officially become Nations in 1949? If so then I would rather claim the west.
So you would rather play as one of the western occupation zones instead of the UK? Obviously soon enough they will all conglomerate into one to form West Germany.

Yep, to pick one until they all come together I will go with the UK's zone
Ok then, I will change your claim.

Also important note, major nations will be run by me if they are not player owned, just like any other nation.

If it is alright, I shall take Mandatory Palestine. I have plans, and a lot of them.
Yeah that's fine. Also with that I will be posting a CS page soon enough. Stay tuned.

One more thing, if you want a basic grasp of what is going to be happening in 1945 in October onwards, look at this link, as it will inform you of worldwide events or specific events that may happen in your nation.

1945 - Wikipedia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back