• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Cold Blood (Ex3) OOC chat

For background, I'm using 1st ed's Bastions of the North and 2nd ed's Compass of Terrestrial Directions vol 5. I know 3rd ed has shuffled more than a few kingdoms about on the map so I'll likely run into an issue of geography at some point, and from the brief mention in the core book it sounds like they're playing up the scavenging-from-first-age-ruins part of the League's income, but whatever, I'm not envisioning the game leading outside Haslanti borders so there shouldn't be too much trouble.

HELLO FRIENDS I HAVE COME TO PLAY

For real though, excited to get my first 3rd ed going. Has anyone talked about how the characters already know each other at all?

Well, my character has a fairly inbuilt reason to know who all of you are, the question is how you know him ;)

Given that I start with Face, my character would be moderately well-known in Martial Arts circles. I'm imagining something along the lines of Li Mu Bai from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, but less picky when it comes to students.

Sorry for the delay. I'll be putting up my character tomorrow the next day. My character is a scholar who's probably written some semi-well known treatises.

Sarky Sarky I'm strongly considering going Lore-Supernal and starting out with Power-Awarding Prana, this would allow me to use one "Solar Charm" whose Essence requirement is 1 higher than my own Essence. Naïvely, I would expect this to only cover Solar Charms, and not Martial Arts Charms, however there is an explicit exception made for Sorcery, so one could argue that Martial Arts Charms are covered, what do you think? Also, if I can use it for MA Charms, I'd use it to get the Form Charm for Single Point, would that get me Face 3 when I "cheat" my way to the Form?

HAYO! Just some little things like my remaining intimacies and specialties plus base combat stats. Either way, I'm good.

I'm dying in the local heatwave so in about the next hour I'm going to pop up the game thread in the hope that writing about freezing cold makes me feel better.

If your characters are done and dusted, jump on in and we'll set some bits and pieces up. If not, no worries, we'll get there.

I refuse to apologise for the gratuitous Archer references. I'll be restoring balance at some point with references to something more wholesome, like Darkest Dungeon.

Incidentally, Serpent In The Staglands is a fascinating little RPG going cheap on Steam I may be borrowing from. It is a grimdark game that allows you to say "What ho, duck" to a duck.

Sorry for the absence! Some personal stuff came up and then I had guests the last few days. I'll get a post in later today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back