• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help Coding Help

CaptainRustbolt21

The Rusty One
I could be asking this in the wrong thread, so moving it to the correct thread would be greatly appreciated. Now for my question: is it possible to insert a tab within a tab? I attempted to do just that but it failed to meet my expectations.

a question like this would go in the bbcode center, located in the creativity forum! i'm unable to link it right now as i'm on mobile, but i don't think it's too hard to find! (:

Yea, this question would go to the BBcode Center. Though yes, you can put a tab in a tab I'm fairly sure.

Also, hi Captain! How's your sci-fi roleplay been treating you?

I could be asking this in the wrong thread, so moving it to the correct thread would be greatly appreciated. Now for my question: is it possible to insert a tab within a tab? I attempted to do just that but it failed to meet my expectations.
Others have pointed out this is in the wrong place already, and where to go, so I won't mark that more than these words, and yes, you can put tabs inside of tabs. If you failed to do that, here are some common reasons:

1. The tabs code requires first [tabs] then [tab] and closes with [/tabs]. As such, to put tabs inside tabs, you need to put the new tabs code as if you were putting it normally, but within one of the tabs of the other code. If you do it otherwise, you fail.
2. Not closing things properly is one of the biggest causes for code failure in general. Be very very careful when inspecting to make sure you close everything in the right places. The preview button is your friend!
3.Sometimes, the rich editor (the thing that enables the buttons above the thing where you write your post) randomly decides to start closing things where it shouldn't, which can mess up your code. Those of us who code more, specially those who use advanced BBcode, keep the rich editor disabled. If yours is enabled, it could screw up your code.
To disable it, click the cog thing next to the buttons I mentioned.

Do you mind sending in a video tutorial. I’m more of a visual learner and therefore have some trouble understanding written instructions.

I need to find a a way to move my comment to the correct thread at some point.

Let me expand on my example and how I made it.

What I did was go to the BBCode Guide in the BBCode Center and skip right to the Tabs part.
I copied the Tabs code, pasted it in this reply, and then pasted it again in between the part where it says |Tab = Tab A| and |/Tab|. Try to do that first and you might be able to understand how it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back