• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

CJAlex

Nebulous
If you haven't completed the game and don't want spoilers... uh... close your eyes and pretend you didn't open this thread.

Would anyone be interested in participating in a Code Vein story set after the events of the game? We would be assuming the player-character followed through with the "good" ending and the setting would take place outside of the Gaol of the Mist. What I've got so far is below, broken into spoilers.

Synopsis

“In the years after Io stopped the relics from frenzying, and transformed into the Weeping Tree, Karen and the others discovered a reliable source of blood beads. And the question I’ve pondered for so long: What, as a revenant, can I do? What about the outside world and the horrors there?

We analyzed the signals intercepted from outside when the Red Mist appeared-- They were countless cries for help. As revenants, we prey upon humanity. We might bring them nothing but misery.
Even so, I can’t just give up…”

--Louis Amamiya, Post-Game Dialogue
Three years following the events inside the Gaol of the Mist, Louis and company have taken their first steps beyond the impenetrable barrier that has surrounded Vein since the fall of the revenant queen. Now that the once-tumultuous cradle of fearful immortals has been stabilized with a steady supply of blood beads and a reduction in revenants becoming lost, the world outside the mist beckons. Intercepted transmissions of a still-surviving society have garnered the attention of a brave few that would see it become a better place. However, the “horrors” still roam the world’s surface, devouring all in their path. No one, human or revenant, is safe from their maws.

You are a revenant from Vein that is accompanying Louis’ group beyond the mist. Sometime after your departure, you and your companions learn that not all revenants were isolated inside of Vein after Operation Queenslayer. In fact, as Louis had begun to surmise, since revenants were originally created to fight the horrors that appeared after the Collapse, there are many more around the world that have continued to fight for survival--be it humanity’s… or their own.

Of the surviving population outside, nearly 10% are revenant; a stark contrast to the ratio of survivors inside of Vein, where humans are squarely in the minority. Regardless of the difference in numbers, though, the undying hold all of the power. With little to fear and nothing left to lose, pockets of revenants have declared themselves the superior being, casting away their original purpose. In taking land for themselves, they have subjugated human survivors as cattle in order to sustain their need for blood. In these societies, the strong rule the weak, and so an archaic system of nobility was adopted to acknowledge power and command respect. Colloquially known as “blue bloods”, these revenants aren’t as noble as they are ruthless and arrogant.
Objective

The horrors from the Great Collapse still run rampant and plague a shattered, broken world. Juzo Mido may have been a mad man, but he was right about one thing: they have become an existential threat. Sickened by the atrocities of the blue bloods, Louis is at a loss on how to proceed with humanity’s salvation. The horrors must be stopped, but finding their weakness when all form of conventional weaponry has failed will be nigh impossible without the cooperation of the outside world’s ruling bodies. You and your friends will need to find a way to secure their help, but what compromises will it take?
Game Continuity

This story will assume the player-character in the video game resolved the crisis in Vein with the “good ending”; however, this character has since departed Louis’ group in search of their own way of taking on the horrors. They may be mentioned in passing by the monicker “the Queenslayer” (in a similar manner to how Louis is known as “the Crimson Sword”) but careful attention should be paid to not indicate gender or anything that would uniquely define them.

Louis Amamiya, though integral to setting up the group’s mission outside of Vein, will largely fade into the background when we get started. In fact, this RP will attempt to minimalize canon character appearances for obvious reasons. Roleplayers will either begin together as a team dispatched by Louis, or will--depending on how they’ve been introduced--start off acting alone.

As for the elephant in the room… I will not even begin to attempt to wrap my head around the possibility that the Code Vein and God Eater IPs are connected. Therefore, for this RP, we are in separate universes. The horrors are the same, yes. But their origins will largely remain unknown. No Fenrir. No God Eaters. Think of them as antagonist devices along the same lines as zombies. All zombie stories have zombies, but not all zombies stories have Umbrella and the T Virus… Make sense?

If you're interested, please don't jump onto a CS right away. I'll provide a quick template for everyone later if I get enough players. For now, just let me know if you want to try this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back