code inside tabs (issue resolved)

VALEN T.

i was coding something and i came across an issue (or a bug maybe ?)

if i try adding tab code inside of tabs, it doesn't work:

• lorem ipsum text in the first tab

here's the code i was trying to add in the 1st tab:
Code:
[tabs]
[tab=secondary tab code]lorem ipsum[/tab]
[tab=secondary tab 2 code]lorem ipsum 2[/tab]
[/tabs]

so uhm...help please

Last edited:
also omg idk what i did but this thread's viewing weird for me after that post 😰
SharedScreenshot.jpg

mom i'm scared 😭

Last edited:
It's probably because there's missing closing tags and improper bbcode structure. I'll take a look in a moment.

pasta pasta boketto boketto omg i think i broke smth 😭

also pasta pasta not exactly, i should've explained better: i'm trying to add, for example, this code (with the "code" tags)
Code:
[tabs]
[tab=1]lorem ipsum[tab]
[tab=2]lorem ipsum 2[/tab]
[/tabs]
inside of a tab but it's not working

Alteras Alteras yes please thank you 🥺

pasta pasta boketto boketto omg i think i broke smth 😭

also pasta pasta not exactly, i should've explained better: i'm trying to add, for example, this code (with the "code" tags)
Code:
[tabs]
[tab=1]lorem ipsum[tab]
[tab=2]lorem ipsum 2[/tab]
[/tabs]
inside of a tab but it's not working

Alteras Alteras yes please thank you 🥺
OHHHH yeah, i don't know how that works. i don't know if it's possible because i also tried using the plain tag and it still doesn't work. there's probably a solution tho that im blind to.

Haaa... It's most likely a bug that has to do with how xf's built in BBCode engines processes custom and non-custom bbcode. Looking at the single iteration case, what's happening is that the tab code is locating the [/tab] tag inside the code block, and turn it into HTML. And because it turns it into HTML, the browser will pick it up, break it out of the code block, and break the rest of the page.

If I remember correctly, accordion suffers from the same problem, though I only encountered it during the bbcode palette challenge, so it's not much of a reference...

The quick fire work around would be to just break the closing tag likeso.

• Code:
    [tabs]

[tab=secondary tab code]lorem ipsum[/tab ]

[tab=secondary tab 2 code]lorem ipsum 2[/tab ]

[/tabs]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back