• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Code - I 0 0 [Action/Drama/Survival Superpowered Interest Check] {ONE SLOT OPEN}

DramaMyth

TRUST me, you have a purpose.

I 0 0

giphy.gif

You don't remember when, you don't remember how. All you've known is pain. Pain beyond the physical and tangible. Endless days and nights of searing and scorching fracturing of the mind, body, and spirit. Every day was the same. Torture, isolation, echoing voices, 23 hour lockdown, what menial sleep there was to get, rinse & repeat. You didn't know where you where, how could you? You don't even remember how you got there. Hell, you didn't even know you weren't the only subject in the building until the day came. "Subject", at least that's what the voices referred to you as. You were just a number, quite literally, just like everyone else stuck with you. But unlike everyone else, you had your own unique experiences before this hell. Your own life, own memories, a family perhaps. A lover, a talent, a hobby. Something. Until it was taken away from you, nabbed from your very conventions of reality and forced into an abysmal way of life reserved for no one.

But.

With every wound, comes two things: the process of healing, and the unfurling, immense rage and primal instinct birthed from being threatened. There were 100 individuals that were about to find out just how important those things would become.

The Centennials they were called, an assortment of 100 people from every walk of life all over the world assembled for a painful purpose only known by The Orchestrator, the one responsible for all of this. The accountable for the chaos and disarray given to these people. Through all that pain, came something the world as we knew it had no idea was even a causality. These people were psychologically pushed to the absolute brink of human limit, and from that spew of adrenaline, trauma, and DNA stressors... something triggered in them that never once occurred in all of human history. The genes in their bodies started to respond in adverse yet adaptive ways, so much to the point it changed them on a cellular level. These people were people no more, but instead become something more. Not better, not worse... but more all the same. They became paraphysically enhanced, garnering abilities and displays of limitless capabilities beyond that of human standard, beyond mortal standard to be exact. Numbered from their abilities of application & use to the real world, The Centennials were strained in every way imaginable. Time and more time passed that seemed like an eternity to them.

Until that day. THE day. When the alarms went off for the first time since the procedures had begun. Someone escaped, and in turn, set off a chain of events that freed every last Centennial. They broke out, beings that would defy and question everything that the world knew, were set free from misery and condemnation, but now faced a much greater challenge: humanity. Where could they go? What would they do? Who could they trust? They didn't know each other let alone the outside world. To their past life, they were dead, plus they knew it'd be the first place to look. They were on their own, scattered all over now and increasingly becoming more and more likely to vanish forever. All they have is each other, no one else will understand the turmoil and despair, but as The Orchestrator searches for what he dubs as his "children", they will have to balance and weave between the shadows and the light of day if they truly wish to gain the freedom they had stolen from them time ago.

The 100 are out there. They are us. The only way to survive, is together.

* For those that participate in the RP, your I00 number will be assigned to you by me, based on your ability. You may only have one core power, and highly OP / insane abilities may be subject to rejection. The more fleshed out characters are, the more likely I'll accept them without extensive feedback. This RP will focus on our super-characters running and hiding through society, while also trying to find the rest of The Centennials. Dodging The Orchestrator and his private military along the way, we will have to balance morality and way of life to best determine the outcomes and fates of our characters, this will provide the IC Drama / plot adversity while also learning to balance and hone your abilities. You're more than welcome to ask me any questions about ability choices and official rules will be placed on Character Sheets if this gets a lot of interest. *

Last edited:
Dope, thanks guys! This is a concept I've been wanting to do for some time. Got the plot mapped out pretty well.

Interested as well. So, are you expecting us to inform you of our chosen powers now or wait until it gains more steam?

Ohh, this is a really cool idea! Definitely count me in. Any rules beyond "no OP powers" we should know before we start working on characters?

Ohh, this is a really cool idea! Definitely count me in. Any rules beyond "no OP powers" we should know before we start working on characters?
Good question, note I didn't directly ban OP powers, but it increases chances of refusal especially if the character isn't fleshed out much at all or properly developed. Most of the "rules" rules will come when I drop the CS template, only thing I can think of to say now is try to be as character driven as possible.

Good question, note I didn't directly ban OP powers, but it increases chances of refusal especially if the character isn't fleshed out much at all or properly developed. Most of the "rules" rules will come when I drop the CS template, only thing I can think of to say now is try to be as character driven as possible.

Makes sense, you can play some OP powers in very interesting and limiting ways if you're clever.

I'm toying with a couple of concepts already!

Any chance we could be preemptively assigned numbers? I'd like to incorporate my number into his personality and maybe even abilities somehow.

Could being Psychic being considered as a core ability? It consists of telekinesis and limited telepathy which all correlates with one's mind.

I'm highly intrigued. I'm just not sure what powers are possible/acceptable. I know telekinesis is a paraphysical power but it seems we have creative freedom within reason as long as the power and character is well explained. If not, would you mind throwing out some examples pretty please?

Any chance we could be preemptively assigned numbers? I'd like to incorporate my number into his personality and maybe even abilities somehow.
Sorry no can do, since plot wise the numbers have actual meaning beyond just assignment it'd have to be after character creation and acceptance.

Could being Psychic being considered as a core ability? It consists of telekinesis and limited telepathy which all correlates with one's mind.
Telekinesis and Telepathy are two core abilities so only one could be selected. Because each of those umbrellas into sub-abilities with various applications. (Telapathy could stem to mind control, Telekinesis could stem to inertia manipulation, etc.)

I'm highly intrigued. I'm just not sure what powers are possible/acceptable. I know telekinesis is a paraphysical power but it seems we have creative freedom within reason as long as the power and character is well explained. If not, would you mind throwing out some examples pretty please?
Pretty much what you said. Spot on. An example of me not accepting would be a pure reality warper, or any sort of omni based ability. An example of me accepting would be Probability Manipulation from a character who has a fear of things changing permanently. That innate character driven device would inherently cause the power not to be used openly OP. If that makes sense. Drawbacks optional, but nuanced & developed beings are what I favor.

That makes complete sense to me and actually helped spark around 4 ideas at once lol. Thank you for taking the time to answer!

Sorry no can do, since plot wise the numbers have actual meaning beyond just assignment it'd have to be after character creation and acceptance.
Ah, alright, thanks! Any rough estimates of when we can expect a cs template? Some time tonight?

Telekinesis and Telepathy are two core abilities so only one could be selected. Because each of those umbrellas into sub-abilities with various applications. (Telapathy could stem to mind control, Telekinesis could stem to inertia manipulation, etc.)
Alright. So I'm debating between Telekinesis and Dark Element Manipulation. Just want to make sure that both is fine with you?

And I'm assuming that despite the fact that we could only choose one core power, we may be able to still upgrade our OC's capabilities through said power correct? e.g. A telekinetic being able to prevent aging due to their ability to control the molecular structures within their body. Or one who draws their life force from dark energy which serves a similar purpose. Of course, I'm aware that it may be best to start most character's off where they haven't fully mastered their powers yet.

Ah, alright, thanks! Any rough estimates of when we can expect a cs template? Some time tonight?
Likely early tomorrow morning.

Alright. So I'm debating between Telekinesis and Dark Element Manipulation. Just want to make sure that both is fine with you?

And I'm assuming that despite the fact that we could only choose one core power, we may be able to still upgrade our OC's capabilities through said power correct? e.g. A telekinetic being able to prevent aging due to their ability to control the molecular structures within their body. Or one who draws their life force from dark energy which serves a similar purpose. Of course, I'm aware that it may be best to start most character's off where they haven't fully mastered their powers yet.

Yes you'd be able to improve and gain on abilities, but those specific instances you listed under telekinesis probably wouldn't apply in this RP. Telekinesis moves objects with the mind, so you're not drawing from any source you're just focusing the synapses in the brain to influence external objects. But as those synapses improve it could bring enhanced reflexes, increased intellect, etc.

Likely early tomorrow morning.

Yes you'd be able to improve and gain on abilities, but those specific instances you listed under telekinesis probably wouldn't apply in this RP. Telekinesis moves objects with the mind, so you're not drawing from any source you're just focusing the synapses in the brain to influence external objects. But as those synapses improve it could bring enhanced reflexes, increased intellect, etc.
I wasn’t referring telekinesis in regards to Dark Energy. I’m aware that the source of telekinetic powers comes from the mind. But telekinesis is based not only on the moving of items but also of the matter around them. That’s the most basic form of telekinesis. Once one becomes more skilled in it, they’ll likely be able to find more witty ones to use said powers

What I was trying to suggest is that once one’s skills in Telekinesis is advanced enough, they’ll be able to manipulate the matter in their own body such as cells to prevent them from dying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back