• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Code Chronicles (Closed)

What city shall we have the rp set?

• Tokyo, Japan

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • New York City, NY

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Los Angeles, Ca

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Toronto, Canada

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • London, England

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Other (Write down below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Quinlan63

The Overlord
Turns out the black magic of the past, dusty tomes bound in tanned human skin, cursed relics, and dark, flowing robes just doesn't transfer well to the modern world. Thankfully, like so many basic needs of life, there's an App for that.

Quite a number of Apps really, downloadable across Android, Apple, and even some older, less smart phones, each one with its own signature magic coded right into the program. From Demon Summoning to Pyromancy to Personal Enhancement, "Spell Coding" has become the most viable use of time for many, revolutionizing the programming industry and making coders some of the most powerful people on the planet. Now that deadly force could be conjured from a phone or tablet, the market for domestic arms has dried up, making all but a few black market dealers for the new potential in Spell Codes.

The gangs of the past decades have remodeled their operations as well, now hosting gladiator style matches between Coders. These matches are, of course, illegal, but law enforcement has been slow as ever to catch on to the latest technological wave. Crime is booming, cities are now dark cesspools of villainy, where citizens can only count on the protection their Spell Codes from the ruffians, gangsters, and psychopaths roaming the streets.

The more Spell Codes come into the lives of everyday citizens, the more questions there are to be answered. Where did this resurgence of magic come from? What is the source of the magical power? These questions are being looked at by Spelltec Corporation, as also being the ones who have become the main distributors of spell codes to everyone from normal citizens, hospitals, and even the military (with a few not on the market). It has also been rumored that they have been arming gangs with spell codes as a way to test them out more. Those these have not been confirmed as no one has found any proof to these rumors.

Ambitious Coders have been using their magic to do whatever they want and to achieve their goals in life. The question is what are they willing to do to reach those goals........

Code Chronicles

Last edited:
Wow. This is one of the more nuanced concepts out there. While I may not join this RP due to time constraints I really love what you have done here. I'm studying code myself which makes this an even more interesting idea. Make sure to flush out your idea and good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back