• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help Code Changing??

Satanic Nightjar

reach for the stars and don't settle for the moon
So I've been coding for a couple of weeks, and recently I've been trying to make an interest check for a new RP concept I've been working on. Every time I try to work on it though, the code randomly deletes/adds in unpredictable ways, and destroy hours of work. To fix it I have to go through each little bit and edit little things, like adding or deleting divs and /divs, or things like that that are difficult to notice. Is this a mistake on my part or is it an actual RPN issue? If it's the former, how can I fix it??

There are two main possibilities here, as far as I'm aware.

1. You are consistently forgetting to close some divs or tabs, thus resulting in the system autocompleting and messing everything up

2. You're working with the rich editor

If it's the first , it's a matter of properly reviewing before saving. If it's the later

Captura de Ecrã (222).png

Make sure that little cog is lit up and the buttons beside it disabled at all times while you code.

There are two main possibilities here, as far as I'm aware.

1. You are consistently forgetting to close some divs or tabs, thus resulting in the system autocompleting and messing everything up

2. You're working with the rich editor

If it's the first , it's a matter of properly reviewing before saving. If it's the later

View attachment 541244

Make sure that little cog is lit up and the buttons beside it disabled at all times while you code.

The first issue I don't think is a possibility, because I did consistently check my code and look at the preview to see what was going on. However, if I clicked 'edit' or sometimes even 'post'/'save', it would automatically add entire lines of code, repeat several lines, or just add divs/tabs.
As for the second, I'm not sure, I'll check it out

Your edit bar would be grayed out and unselectable if you have RTE turned off.

Users who are viewing this thread