• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Code-based RP|Interest Check

Maxx

A Faded Ghost
Ugh, an awful title from me...

But, anyway, I had half an idea for a roleplay, but before I put any proper effort into crafting, I wanted to see if anyone would be interested.

I was thinking, a plot revolving around a bunch of codes would be cool. Base64, Caesar Shifts, Vigenere Ciphers... A bunch of stuff like that. I would, of course, leave links to decoders for the different types of code and ciphers that I'd use, people would just have to work out which it is I use. And if they can't decode something, that just means it's info that their characters can't access.

As for plot, I was thinking maybe there's some kind of secret? Or maybe the characters are trapped somewhere? That's not something I'm entirely sure about at the moment (I literally thought of this about ten minutes ago, so give me some slack, lol).

But, I think this would be cool. That could be because I'm a bit of a nerd, but... Oh well. If this sees any interest, I'll make sure to come up with a proper plot and everything ^-^

Here's some taster code, lol:
SXQncyBhbiBFYXN0ZXIgRWdnIQoKWW91IGFyZSBhbiBhd2Vzb21lIHBlcnNvbiBmb3IgYm90aGVyaW5nIHRvIGRlY29kZSB0aGlzCkkgZG9uJ3Qga25vdyB3aGF0IGVsc2UgdG8gc2F5LCBsb2w==

Last edited:
This is different. Creative. Awe inspiring! And some would say magical if they do not understand the way of the code (I am one of those people, so please don't hate me!)

What I'm getting at is: I would be tickled pink! Ecstatic! Infinitely honored! if you would allow me to participate in this!

Interested
This is different. Creative. Awe inspiring! And some would say magical if they do not understand the way of the code (I am one of those people, so please don't hate me!)

What I'm getting at is: I would be tickled pink! Ecstatic! Infinitely honored! if you would allow me to participate in this!
Sounds fun. Count me in.

Yay, so much interest! I'll come up a proper plot today! And if any of y'all have any suggestions for that, I'll gladly hear them!

I got part of a plot now! A series of murders had taken place in [TownNameHere]. The only clues are codes left at the scene. Our characters are somehow related to the murders. They somehow get trapped in the murderer's hideout place. Needs a bit of expanding, but it's a start, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back