• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Coalition Wars - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
So - short question: Amy has no medical skills unless I just missed something, but she does have a robot medical kit with her; judging by the looks of things, would that potentially help out?

So - short question: Amy has no medical skills unless I just missed something, but she does have a robot medical kit with her; judging by the looks of things, would that potentially help out?
They both are in bad shape, so using one of the robot kits would certainly help them out significantly.

I'll post in here as soon as I can. Ridge didn't bust his butt to earn an M.D. for nothing.

Silanon Silanon Is Amy using an RMK or an IRMSS kit?

My sheet doesn't specify that, unfortunately - I'll recheck that later, can't access my documents right now.

robot medical kit,
Silanon Silanon RMK. I found it on Amy's Equipment tab. =)

Psychie Psychie ?
I want to be certain we're on the same page. I'm working off of a headache right now so pardon if I'm not coming in clearly.

Ridge is a Cybernetcs M.D. (spent two Skills for specialization. Under the Skikl definition, it mentions they can perform healing medical procedures). My idea is a three-parter:

1. Amy with RMK on amputee until stabilized.
2. Ridge with Cybernetics M.D. and IRMSS on unconscious patient with internal injuries (I'm hoping the robotic nanites that machine uses can get in there and stop the bleeding before she bleeds out or starts asphyxiating on her own blood).
3. Ridge orders anyone else in Steel Rain (not Winters) to advise Lt. Summer and request the Gloria to this APC further medical treatment.

I'm not at my best right now. Do I have the situation right or am I missing something that should be obvious?

Last edited:
It looks good to me, but I just work here. Its up to our illustrious Storyteller to be the final word.

I don't suppose we have a spare robotic limb that can be attached to the guy with the missing arm? I'm guessing not, but it can't hurt to ask.

I certainly don't have one - Dann's plan looks solid, only that Amy's on her way to do the wrong thing already - just read the description for the RMK. Is it common knowledge that it doesn't help in that case?

Silanon Silanon RMK. I found it on Amy's Equipment tab. =)

Psychie Psychie ?
I want to be certain we're on the same page. I'm working off of a headache right now so pardon if I'm not coming in clearly.

Ridge is a Cybernetcs M.D. (spent two Skills for specialization. Under the Skikl definition, it mentions they can perform healing medical procedures). My idea is a three-parter:

1. Amy with RMK on amputee until stabilized.
2. Ridge with Cybernetics M.D. and IRMSS on unconscious patient with internal injuries (I'm hoping the robotic nanites that machine uses can get in there and stop the bleeding before she bleeds out or starts asphyxiating on her own blood).
3. Ridge orders anyone else in Steel Rain (not Winters) to advise Lt. Summer and request the Gloria to this APC further medical treatment.

I'm not at my best right now. Do I have the situation right or am I missing something that should be obvious?
This can work. Between what you have on you, what is in the Gloria, and what is still salvageable in the damaged APC, you can stabilize the two wounded soldiers.
I don't suppose we have a spare robotic limb that can be attached to the guy with the missing arm? I'm guessing not, but it can't hurt to ask.
There are fallen Borgs in the casualties out there, making it possible to surgically attach a cyber arm once you have recovered it from the dead Borg. The alternative is for you to stabilize the guy and get him back to a larger base with sufficient medical facilities to do a proper job of attaching a new cyber arm. But with Ridge's skill set, you are capable of performing the operation to put the limb on him. It will just take some uninterrupted time to do so, preferably in a clean environment. The best bet for you is to wait for the Gloria to arrive and work on him in there.

Oh, being both a doctor and a man who lost his flesh-body, Ridge is going to want this soldier's understanding and permission before he attaches anything.

Thanks for the thorough answer, Psychie. I agree with Sil's point (which was the primary reason I wanted to know which kit Amy is using). I think it is generous of you to allow the RMK to be used in this manner. I bet the soldier appreciates it too!

I will post when able.

I need to get an IC post up, and will hopefully have it done tonight.

Sadly, Rykon Rykon has said in Sherwood's Rifts game that he's dropping his various Palladium system games, so it looks like I'm going to be running his character as an NPC for the time being.

normally I'd call for you to make some rolls for me, but I can do that for you. What skills do you wish to use to make this effort?
I do believe Cybernetic Medicine: (65%/95%) is the correct Skill to use here.

Ridge has selected Cybernetic Medicine twice and has Electrical Engineering so he doesn't get that nasty -15% penalty. The 10% bonus is added into the percentage there. All there is left to do (I think) is find a suitable arm from the battlefield, pay the proper respects to the fallen soldier for his gift to a living soldier, and get the green light from the PFC med-tech once "Lefty" is stable and ready.

My network was down for a few days. Nearly got evacuated from my home due to a brush fire, and the area has just now started calming down. I'm going to try to get caught up tonight.

Yow! Sounds like you dodged a bullet there, Vane. Glad you're back, but more importantly, I'm glad you're safe.

Yeah, I am hoping it fully calms down. We're still under a level 2 warning, basically "be prepared to fully evacuate in short notice," but the outlook so far is that they have the fire under control. This time last year, my whole state was on fire. It was gnarly. My roommate, along with my brother, both lost everything they own.

Wow. If you have any issues and need to vanish for a bit, I completely understand. Real Life always comes first.

If you wish to try and listen in, please indicate and I'll give you a Perception roll.
Psychie Psychie Yes, please. Ridge's modifier to Perception is +5.

Edit: not clear. Oh, and Ridge "tells" me that he wants to be as unobtrusive and unassuming as possible. "It's one thing to listen in on someone else's conversation; it's another to also look like you're listening in on someone else's conversation." I'll take it from a Special Forces guy.

Last edited:
Vaneheart Vaneheart Heya Vane! You may have noticed that Psychie hasn't posted recently (which is unusual for her)? Well, I have learned that while absence is not because of her health (always a good thing!), I don't know when Psychie will be posting next.

Hope you're doing well and keeping healthy, bud!

Hey guys. I've been having some serious computer problems, and that has really put me behind.

I am looking at my current games, and I am thinking that with my questionable computer issues, it would not be fair to you guys as my friends and players to keep you hanging on indefinitely. For now, I am going to put a pause on this game until things in my life are less hectic.

No worries here! Just glad you're not sick or anything! =)

Thanks. I just don't want to leave anyone hanging on, waiting for a post from me as Storyteller. I plan on running more games later on, but only once I get my laptop back.

Thanks for the update! Technology likes to get in the way, doesn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back