• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Coalition Wars - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
If he's not feeling particularly suicidal (or vengeful for us killing a few of the D-Bees who may have been his friends), then I can't help but wonder what he's doing only 50 feet away from our group. He's definitely not there to sell our Characters Girl Scout Cookies. Maybe he's spying? Whatever the case, if he only meant to save his skin, logic suggests he wouldn't be anywhere near any CS forces (at least until he's healed). =)

I'm wondering that as well. Like, of all the places where it could hang out and lick its wounds... might just be to learn more about Steel Rain, now that we happened to show up from nowhere.... who knows.
I was acually pretty worried that it might go for Gloria instead, so it's kind of a relief to spot it here.

Winters is able to quickly share her heads up display that she has with the rest of the Steel Rain, giving everyone good targeting info on the probable dragon in its bird form. Since everyone is firing on the bird from surprise, you get a free attack before going into regular initiative order.

Vaneheart Vaneheart Sherwood Sherwood Dannigan Dannigan Silanon Silanon Rykon Rykon

This is precisely the result I was hoping for! All right! 8D

Re: Gloria. I hadn't thought of the dragon attacking the Gloria. There's a disturbing thought! I thought he might go after our wounded Recon allies or one of us if we separated ourselves from the group for whatever reason. I'm guessing the dragon is just gathering intel on us to share with the survivors of his team (for future payback on us). Just a guess, though.

Stacey quickly hits the trigger of of her missile launchers, sending the four HEAP missiles off to their target.

A fumble. What happens? Do the missiles fire and miss or are they still in the launcher?
Josh opens up with a volley of 6 armor-piercing type mini-missiles.

[Wow that's a lot of 1s... Josh isn't having a lot of luck so far 100MD]

One! The RP Nation Dice Roller's favorite number! 8D

Eh, it all balances out in the end. When I really need it, I'll roll that magic 20 and get a crit.

That puts us all at level 2, I believe. Here is my hit point roll for leveling up.

Sweet roll there, Sherwood. If anyone wishes to have me roll for you instead of using the dice roller here, let me know.

I'll have to recheck that I get the next level first - good stuff, though =)

Shapeshifters transform back to their natural forms after death, right?

Still wondering what the heck the dragon was thinking. I mean, it could've worked if Dann wouldn't have mentioned the optics, but that's still some arrogance right there...

Still wondering what the heck the dragon was thinking. I mean, it could've worked if Dann wouldn't have mentioned the optics, but that's still some arrogance right there...

Dragons in many games are definitely known for their arrogance, especially young ones. (I'm just glad using the thermals worked or who knew what that dragon could have called in on us?)

And yay! 2nd level! Woo! =)

Vaneheart Vaneheart Vane, thanks again for your considerate recommendation of West's No True Glory. I found it to be an excellent read. While I have read about Fallujah only from the soldier's viewpoint, West really opened my eyes to all of what was going on with many other unexpected and valuable perspectives. Given that your other recommendation is about Gen. Mattis (a name I know a bit better thanks to West now), I find myself intrigued with the guy. I felt myself completely agreeing with Mattis when he quotes Napoleon concerning taking Vienna; if you're going to do something, go all the way. Otherwise, don't call the Marines to do the job. You're wasting their time, and worse, their blood. The former I can forgive, but the latter? Let's just say the jury is out on that. Way out.

I also found myself getting pissed off at what the Marines were having to go through, no matter that this all took place back in the early 2000s. I did feel a tremendous amount of satisfaction all over again reading West's account of how Fallujah went down. I feel, especially after reading this, that Fallujah was fucked up in ways I had not imagined.

One other book I've read on Marines in Fallujah is one I'll recommend you - Patrick K. O'Donnell's downright visceral We Were One. It's a first-hand account, full of heart, from the guys who were making it happen in Lima Company's 1st Platoon, 3rd Battalion, 1st Marine Regiment. Thanks to you, I got a good chuckle just now as I was perusing my paperback copy of the book which on the front cover reads: "This book defines what it means to be a Marine grunt." -- Bing West, author of No True Glory.

Heh!

Hey, Psychie Psychie ? You might want to replace the name Winters with Summer a few times in that last post of yours.

Silanon Silanon But Sil! For all we know, it's not a mistake! Winters is in command now! She's been possessed and took over from Lt. Summer! Your Character is in charge now! Oh boy! Tell us what to do! Ha ha! 8D

lol Psy, you are gonna get razzed for this for a long time!

<facepalm> Ah, crap. Make one teeny mistake, and now I'm gonna hear about it forever. Sigh.

Seriously, thanks for spotting that, Sil. I'll fix the post now.

<facepalm> Ah, crap. Make one teeny mistake, and now I'm gonna hear about it forever. Sigh.

Seriously, thanks for spotting that, Sil. I'll fix the post now.
This is the imagined woe of people like Sherwood and Psychie who, in other gaming groups would probably be right, but not I think in this one. Remember your audience, Psychie Psychie Here in this game, I believe we genuinely care/give a damn/take your pick. Speaking for myself, I won't razz you about something that doesn't make you feel good because if you're not laughing about it, neither am I. =)

More to my point - I tell myself, "Everyone makes mistakes. Now what can I take away from it? Learn from it? Through goofing, how do I grow wiser?" Doing so helps me to become a happier me. =)

I also often think back to this wise quote from lifelong martial artist, Chuck Norris. =)

LearnFromYourMistakes.jpg
(Image credit: QuoteNova.net)

I'd replace Summer with Winter too if I could. We'll just have to try to not let the heat get to us. This season too shall pass.

Puns for the sake of puns aside, I'd struggle to find IC posts I haven't had to make corrections to after posting. If I had a nickel for every time this noggin crossed wires I'd make Warren Buffet look like Oliver Twist.

I'd replace Summer with Winter too if I could. We'll just have to try to not let the heat get to us. This season too shall pass.

Ahhh see whut you did thar! 8D

Puns for the sake of puns aside, I'd struggle to find IC posts I haven't had to make corrections to after posting. If I had a nickel for every time this noggin crossed wires I'd make Warren Buffet look like Oliver Twist.

Well said and I am with you on that! I would be richalicious if I had a euro for every time this Dannigan goofed - but I have come away with something perhaps more valuable - wisdom! And I'll take it. =)

Shapeshifters transform back to their natural forms after death, right?
Psychie Psychie I was wondering about this too. Do we have a dead (and therefore lootable) dragon here or a vaporized bird? If there is a dragon head here, Ridge is going to ask Summer if they can mount it somewhere (anywhere) on the Gloria to take back to the firebase or mount on Gloria's hood if Summer is willing. Ridge thinks it would send a great message to the D-Bees and bring grins to anyone loyal to the Coalition States. Plus, yeah, its bragging rights too. Soldiers sometimes are all about the brag! =)

I think I remember reading that we have a dragon corpse on our hands, and not a cooked chicken. I'll have to hunt for the exact post and line, but that is my memory of the event.

With all of the weapon fire and explosions, the dragon is ripped apart into a bloody mess, ending up very dead from the combined weapons fire. The members of the Recon squad give off a cheer, and one of the men step forward and says, "Damn right! That's how its done! It looks like we owe you guys a beer."

This seems to imply that there is a dragon corpse but...

Winters fires her rail gun with the loud buzzsaw rip you are all used to, scoring a hit on the bird and causing a mess of feathers to spray up into the air. But the bird is not dead, giving proof to the suspicion that this was the dragon in its transformed form! This is quickly followed up by the multiple explosions of Ridge's grenade launcher, causing even more mayhem to the supernatural beast.

...this was when the dragon was alive and there is no mention of the creature transforming (that I can find). Oh well! I have confidence Psychie will give us a concrete answer when she's aware of this. =)

Once I know, I'll post as Ridge. =)

This seems to imply that there is a dragon corpse but...

...this was when the dragon was alive and there is no mention of the creature transforming (that I can find). Oh well! I have confidence Psychie will give us a concrete answer when she's aware of this. =)

Once I know, I'll post as Ridge. =)
Sorry that I was not more clear when I made that post. Yes, when a shape-shifted being is killed, it reverts to its original form. There is a somewhat grenade and missile blasted corpse lying there in the clearing, and the head is intact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back