• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Coalition Wars - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Well, step one is to roll my stats. Here we go!

15 rerolled '1's'
11 rerolled '1's'
11 rerolled '1's'
14 with lots of '1's' rerolled! Damn!

Too bad we don't reroll 2's. Some of my numbers would look much better then! Ah, well. I'll survive. My numbers aren't really that bad.

Damn, that's a hell of a lot of 1's! Did you fail to make your sacrifice to the Dice Gods before you clicked?

I am debating between the SAMAS Pilot OCC and the Special Forces OCC.

If you're up for rolling for me, that'd be rad. I don't trust the dice roller on the site. :-P

EDIT: Just realized I should have said that in OOC, so I am just going to count this as a placeholder! :-)
Of course.

1 17
2 12
3 8
4 23
5 19
6 10
7 12
8 14

Remember you can put them in any order you wish.

*Takes one look at Sherwood's rolls*

Psychie? Please roll for me? Like... for this whole game? =)

Not sure who knows what, but there is an updated 2016 PDF for Coalition War Campaign on DrivethruRPG.

I think they updated the following books:
-Vampire Kingdoms
-Atlantis
-England
-Japan
-Juicer Uprising
-CWC
-New West
-Federation of Magic
-Rifts Ultimate Edition (has a 2016 update, but it's pretty minor I think. Mostly errata added to it.)

It's possible they updated some other ones. I haven't checked since 2019. They don't have a changelog, which is really annoying.

Are you allowing content out of Coalition States - Heroes of Humanity, or Coalition States - The Disavowed?

EDIT: Rolls!

Speed: (6, 4, 4, 2, 1, 4) = 21 + 18 = 39
SDC: (1, 1, 4, 1, 2, 4, 3, 5, 5, 2) = 28 + 37 = 65
Hitpoints: 22 + 5 = 27
PPE: (3, 3) = 6

Last edited:
I'm drowning in a ton of research at the moment, but once I decide on OCC I'll drop my rolls here.

Hey Psychie Psychie , the Special Forces guy has the following skill:

Pi lot: Robot Combat Elite : Special Forces SAMA S

I see just the Light SAMAS and the Super SAMAS write up. Are we not using the Special Forces one? And if not, will it work with the regular SAMAS?

My guy is Special Forces all the way!

De oppresso liber

*Takes one look at Sherwood's rolls*

Psychie? Please roll for me? Like... for this whole game? =)
One moment and I'll have some stats for you.
Are you allowing content out of Coalition States - Heroes of Humanity, or Coalition States - The Disavowed?
I have Heroes of Humanity, but haven't looked through it a lot, and don't have the Disavowed book. So yes to the first, no to the second.

Word. I'm leaning toward either the light cyborg or the CS Ranger. Commando is kinda neat too.

So who's going to be our boot lieutenant? :-P Who's the grizzled Staff NCO with the Clint Eastwood rasp?

Hey Psychie Psychie , the Special Forces guy has the following skill:

Pi lot: Robot Combat Elite : Special Forces SAMA S

I see just the Light SAMAS and the Super SAMAS write up. Are we not using the Special Forces one? And if not, will it work with the regular SAMAS?
No Special Forces SAMAS, just the Light and Heavy SAMAS, so yes, that skill will auto default to the regular Elite Robot Pilot: SAMAS.

What about the CS Death Knight out of CS Heroes of Humanity? Seems like it would fit well with what you had in mind in the writeup, but it also seems a little bit OP.

What about the CS Death Knight out of CS Heroes of Humanity? Seems like it would fit well with what you had in mind in the writeup, but it also seems a little bit OP.
Yeah, a quick look at the Death Knight is a bit over the top. I'm going to say no to that for now.

Doesn't look like Ranger has the option to ever learn SAMAS piloting, so that's out for me. Thinking less Light Cyborg and more something lighter, like a partial cyborg like the the CS Headhunter out of Free Quebec, if that's possible. Part of me is considering the CS Navy Infantry Soldier with the RPA package and the RLT Commando package, since I was a US Marine in real life, but it also might be amusing to be a run of the mill CS Grunt. Someone has to be the lowly latrine-cleaning private. :-P

What do you think?

So does anyone want to volunteer for the role of being in charge of this bunch?

Hit Point and SDC rolls:

Doesn't look like Ranger has the option to ever learn SAMAS piloting, so that's out for me. Thinking less Light Cyborg and more something lighter, like a partial cyborg like the the CS Headhunter out of Free Quebec, if that's possible. Part of me is considering the CS Navy Infantry Soldier with the RPA package and the RLT Commando package, since I was a US Marine in real life, but it also might be amusing to be a run of the mill CS Grunt. Someone has to be the lowly latrine-cleaning private. :-P

What do you think?

What do I think? Semper Fi! That's what I think! =)

So does anyone want to volunteer for the role of being in charge of this bunch?

I can give it a shot if you guys don't mind that my Character, while mentally combat capable, is not all there otherwise (kind of like some of the Special Forces personalities he's based from!). =)

My Character will be clear in what he wants, keep the unit's safety and mission foremost (in that order), and keep them tough and trained and running smooth like a well-oiled machine. I don't know this Character yet (we're still getting to know each other), but he's SF through-and-through, a Recon Team leader who won't ask what he's not willing to give. And you can hold him to that.

If all that sounds fine to you, I'll have my guy lead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back