• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Coalition Wars - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Nice. Corporal works for me. We just need a good grizzled sergeant to do the dirty work of keeping everyone in line for Dannigan.

Depending on if I can convince D. Rex D. Rex or Silanon Silanon to join us, I may be making up a NPC or two to put the team at a total of six SAMAS pilots, so one of them may be the grizzled veteran of the team under Dannigan's LT.

Nice. Corporal works for me. We just need a good grizzled sergeant to do the dirty work of keeping everyone in line for Dannigan.

It's funny you mention that. I was thinking of taking both roles. I love the idea of playing a grizzled sergeant (I saw me some Apocalypse Now today and I thought of Gunny R. Lee Ermey from Full Metal Jacket!

"What is your major malfunction, numbnuts?" That was such a good movie.

Psychie Psychie Would that be all right with you or do you want it set up that way? Ever since Vaneheart mentioned Clint Eastwood, I can't get Heartbreak Ridge out of my head.

"What is your major malfunction, numbnuts?" That was such a good movie.

Yes! And so quotable! "Oh, that's right, Private Pyle... don't make any ****ing effort to get to the top of the ****ing obstacle! If God wanted you up there, He would have miracled your ass up there by now, wouldn't He?"

Never seen it, but I've heard of Gunny Ermey. I'll have to look it up and give it a watch.

Psychie Psychie Would that be all right with you or do you want it set up that way? Ever since Vaneheart mentioned Clint Eastwood, I can't get Heartbreak Ridge out of my head.
From the books that I've read (granted they are only sci-fi, and not real life), the LT is more stand back-ish, and gives orders to the sergeant to implement. Also, the bulk of the team discipline is handled by the sergeant, with the words of doom, "Don't make me take this to the Lieutenant."

But this is our game, if we want to change it, that's cool. Dann, are you looking for a NCO position instead of an officer one?

Ah, I keep forgetting how young you are, Psy. Definitely see the film. It is a classic.

We could just have a NCO running the six of us, with the officer being in charge of the whole APC. Just a thought.

My character was an NCO prior to becoming a lieutenant. Maybe he was that kind of NCO?

Also concerning hand-to-hand: Commando thing, I just need to do what's right for the Character and just take whatever comes along with it. He is a Special Forces soldier, Commando is what he gets. =)

Purr Purr We'll go ahead and start you out as a very junior 3rd LT, second in command of the APC but in command of the SAMAS squad with a 1st LT running the whole show.

Never seen it, but I've heard of Gunny Ermey. I'll have to look it up and give it a watch.

From the books that I've read (granted they are only sci-fi, and not real life), the LT is more stand back-ish, and gives orders to the sergeant to implement. Also, the bulk of the team discipline is handled by the sergeant, with the words of doom, "Don't make me take this to the Lieutenant."

But this is our game, if we want to change it, that's cool. Dann, are you looking for a NCO position instead of an officer one?

I... think I have more fun playing the NCO, but we needed a leader so I've asked for it. Were you thinking of making our lieutenant an NPC?

I... think I have more fun playing the NCO, but we needed a leader so I've asked for it. Were you thinking of making our lieutenant an NPC?
I was planning on having the six of you guys run by a PC, but the APC itself being run by an NPC officer. I like having the six of you as all NCOs, so you can be a mid-level guy, say, Staff Sergent or even a Master Sergeant under the command of the officer running the whole APC if you wish.

Sure! Either of those fits my Character's background pretty well. =)

(Sherwood, Rykon, Vaneheart. In my character's background, he was a hardcore NCO in a Recon team against the Xiticix. He has survived an injury that should have killed him. As such, he has brain damage so bad that it knocked him back to 1st level experience. Among other things. All of this, of course, is subject to change before we begin the game.)

Psychie Psychie Concerning Secondary Skills, are you treating them like "Other" Skills without the OCC bonuses or are we selecting from the list of Secondary Skills from the book (in Robotech Shadow Chronicles, one is allowed to only select secondaries from their list of Secondary Skills. I don't have the Rifts Ultimate Edition in front of me, but I would be surprised if it worked differently there)?

Or how do you feel comfortable working this?

Psychie Psychie Concerning Secondary Skills, are you treating them like "Other" Skills without the OCC bonuses or are we selecting from the list of Secondary Skills from the book (in Robotech Shadow Chronicles, one is allowed to only select secondaries from their list of Secondary Skills. I don't have the Rifts Ultimate Edition in front of me, but I would be surprised if it worked differently there)?

Or how do you feel comfortable working this?
Treat them as more of your OCC Related skills, but without the skill percent bonus to them.

(Sherwood, Rykon, Vaneheart. In my character's background, he was a hardcore NCO in a Recon team against the Xiticix. He has survived an injury that should have killed him. As such, he has brain damage so bad that it knocked him back to 1st level experience. Among other things. All of this, of course, is subject to change before we begin the game.)
I have envisioned my character as a pretty green recruit, having no real combat experience.

Well - no promises, but I made it to the ooc-thread at least. No idea what I'm looking for yet - think I'd want a simple, less knowledgeable character for a change. More a survivor than an idealist...

Psychie Psychie Are there any inner conflicts within the coalition territory? Gang wars, rebellions, anything of that sort?

Psychie Psychie Are there any inner conflicts within the coalition territory? Gang wars, rebellions, anything of that sort?
Even in the major cities with the most security, there are still gang activity. Rebellions are usually put down quickly and decisively, making sure that all the responsible parties of the rebellion are executed. What are you looking for?

Depending on the timeline we are dealing with, the main Coalition States have declared war on former CS ally Free Quebec.

Even in the major cities with the most security, there are still gang activity. Rebellions are usually put down quickly and decisively, making sure that all the responsible parties of the rebellion are executed. What are you looking for?
Well, I was thinking about possible character motivations. A relative young character, willing to serve to preserve a place of order in the chaos of the changed world. Kind of the average child of the coalition, so to speak, nothing spectacular. And I was wondering why they would volunteer to fight the horrors out there, when there's probably safer places to be, within the coalition territory. So I was thinking - what if the character's out there because the alternative would've been to shoot humans, and that's worse than whatever could be out there? You know, someone who served to get out of the mess of crime and gangs, only to be potentially ordered back in to clean it up - and who decided that they'd rather face the unknown than familiar faces.

So you joined up to get freedom from the crime of the neighborhood you grew up in, hoping to be able to bring some order to the world? I like that, and it works well. There are lots of monsters out there that prey on humans, and it is up to the military to keep your loved ones safe.

Character Concepts. I think I've got it! =)

Gimme some Sgt. Apone from Aliens...
"Sgt. Apone loves the Corps"

"Get on the ready line! | Aliens (1986) [DIRECTORS CUT]"

...mixed with some Briareos from Appleseed...
"Most creative movie scenes from Appleseed Alpha (2014)"

...with some MACV-SOG clandestine ballsiness and absolute craziness.
"MACV-SOG"

Yeah. I'm going to make my character based on this. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back