• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Coalition Wars - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
That Perception roll reminds me of this scene in Spaceballs. =)

"Spaceballs : We Ain't Found Shit"

I hope to post something later today. Take care and stay safe everybody!

I just edited and smoothed out Ridge's most recent post into something that I like better. If you read the post prior to my editing, I hope you like this version better too! =)

Last edited:
Psychie Psychie
Hatch stays frozen in place, keeping any chance of his SAMAS armor of being heard or spotted to an absolute minimum. "Copy that, sir. I'm a rock."

Do what? Easily-confused Dann here. =)

Has Hatch been confused for King? Hatch is female (Stacey) and Sherwood's character. This paragraph says Hatch is a guy and Psychie is speaking for him.

Haaalp?

Oh, is that all it is? Thanks for the quick reply.

Honor and fun,
All-smoothed out Dann =)

King stays frozen in place, keeping any chance of his SAMAS armor of being heard or spotted to an absolute minimum. "Copy that, sir. I'm a rock."

As Ridge relays the information, the Lieutenant replies, "If you can take them out quickly, terminate them. But don't let one escape. That will alert the rest of their hive, and we could have hundreds or even thousands of angry bugs swarming on our asses."
What's everyone's take on this as Players? It's their 20 to our 6 and not even 1 can get away. What do you guys want to do?

Think I'd go for it. First idea would be to lure them in, somehow; we want them all in one place, not spread out everywhere. Then we can attempt to take them out, and prepare for the end if we fail.

Just to give you all some perspective, the Xiticix have an average main body MDC of 40 - 70 points, and the Warriors have a top flying speed of just over 100 mph. The big threat from them is from their numbers, swarming over a target and overwhelming them.

Psychie Psychie
Ridge has some experience with the bugs in your world, right? In my background, I wrote that they are the ones that put him in his cyborg body, but Ridge should have the experience you want him to have.

What are the bugs most likely to do in a situation like this? Do they typically fight to the death or flee to get more of their kind or what?

Psychie Psychie
Ridge has some experience with the bugs in your world, right? In my background, I wrote that they are the ones that put him in his cyborg body, but Ridge should have the experience you want him to have.

What are the bugs most likely to do in a situation like this? Do they typically fight to the death or flee to get more of their kind or what?
They will most likely try and swarm against you, and not run unless they see that they are faced with overwhelming firepower. If one or two try to make a run for it, your weapons on your SAMAS suits can continue to reach out and touch someone, and your suits are fast enough to overtake any that try and bolt.

Thank you, Psychie!

So we've got Sil's vote. Thanks, Sil!

Next?

Sounds like we can take them. Most of our weapons are at least a 1d4x10 damage for direct fire weapons, some even higher, so we can take down one of these bugs in one or two hits, even if we don't use missiles.

Lets swat some bugs!

The only thing I have to add I guess would be the question of if we have mines or remote charges handy. Either way, I don't object to an ambush.

I thought Hatch had demolition devices on her? Ridge wanted to make good use of her skills in this.

However, Vane has yet to reply. Doing this with 5 might be a bit more difficult than with our whole team.

Alright, at this time, I'm going to run Vaneheart's character as an NPC to get the party through the upcoming fight. If he is not on shortly thereafter, I'll have his character taken out somehow.

Sounds reasonable; my personal preference would be to have Vane's character simply vanish instead of having him taken out if it comes to that, but maybe that's just me. In any case, I hope he'll be back, really enjoyed his posts and insights thus far.

I mean to say that his character will probably just fade out, and not just get blown away. It all depends on how things proceed forward from here.

I know! A CS Navy helicopter flies by, snags him up, and off he goes to safety!

I am completely with you, Sil - I am guessing Vane is just not in a position to post. Hope he's doing O.K.!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back