• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Coalition Wars - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Psychie Psychie

Another one of the troopers, a lieutenant named Morley Dotes, slides a glass of water over to Hobbs and says, "Here. You should apply that to the burned area."

This made me upgrade your Like to a Love, for I've used a version of this joke in Real Life to terrific effect. As you can probably imagine, I'm not laughing unless everyone's laughing, so about 8 years ago, after I got a dude to smile with a cute taunt, I grabbed a nearby bottle of water and offered it to him and asked, "You want some water for that burn?" He and his friends saw that and loved it. Good play, Psychie! =)

Targeting Uplink: The Wild Weasel can uplink data to as many as 24 Sidewinder SAMAS or aircraft or ground troops within 50 miles (80 km). In this capacity, the Wild Weasel can be used as a forward observer and/or communications/data relay unit. All units receiving this data are +1 on initiative and +1 to dodge.
Everyone, don't forget that thanks to Purr Purr 's Wild Weasel, you get a +1 to your Initiative rolls!

Psychie Psychie Roll for Ridge, please? With the +1, he has a +3 bonus in the Wild Weasel. =)

Hooray! I like the Wild Weasel already; sure, she's slower, but until we get the Super SAMASes, I like adding bonuses to my buddies. =)

That Wild Weasel is kinda like playing a Cleric in DnD; lots of ability to buff the party, but at the cost of its own firepower.

Hey Psychie Psychie , sorry for the wait - let's hope that Amy has a better response time than I have at the moment... would you mind rolling for me as well? Bonus should be +5.

Rykon Rykon Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon Vaneheart Vaneheart

IIRC, in another one of our games with Dann, he commented that he was dealing with some Real Life stuff, so it may be a little bit before he can post. We'll give him some time before Ridge is put on a delayed action.

Psychie Psychie is quite correct. I had a question for everybody though (that I meant to ask earlier) and it's the result of my continued fascination of first-hand war accounts that makes me ask it - there are 6 of us in the air squadron. Would you like to fight in pairings like Real Life air forces with a lead SAMAS and a wingman assigned? As just one example, Ridge with Hatch, Graves with Stone, and King with Winters. The benefit? Our pairs hit the same targets, the wingmen or 'wingmates' watch the lead aircraft's six o'clock, better teamwork, and (above all) the opportunity for better roleplaying opportunities between our pairings.

Or would you rather have each person for themselves as it typically goes in a tabletop game?

There's two votes. But I should have asked first - Psychie Psychie What's your take on this? You okay with it?

Psychie Psychie Thanks! But I'm the kind of guy who doesn't feel comfortable proceeding with something like that without everyone's approval and we've haven't yet heard from Vane and Sil. If either of them don't like the idea, then I say we ditch it. Thanks for the vote of confidence though, Psychie! =)

Well, you are the squad leader. If you want us to attack our targets as paired units, I say that you just need to give the order and we'll do it.

Pardon me for repeating myself, but I'm not comfortable with that until I hear from everyone. I'm only having fun if everyone in the game is having fun. If I have Ridge order everybody to play their Characters in these roles without the consent of my fellow Players, then I don't know how my fellow Players feel about it.

And I want to know that before I have Ridge act. =)

Last edited:
Thanks for that - one thing we can always count on with you is that you care what both the characters and their players think, not just one or the other.

On the actual topic: I'd be fine with teaming up in pairs. There'll still be plenty of interaction within the whole squad, but I think there's potential to deepen the bond between some of the characters particularly. Question would be which pairs would work best; any preferences?

Question would be which pairs would work best; any preferences?

I'm fine with teaming up in pairs. So Stone is teaming with Graves then?

Yeah. Folks, now that Vane's answered and we're all on the same page, let's go with the earlier example - Ridge with Hatch, Graves with Stone, and King with Winters - unless someone among us Players would rather a different set-up (if so, tell me and I'll change my upcoming post). The lead SAMAS does what they're told to do and their wingmate makes sure they can do without having to watch their six. I've only tried this out as a Game Master not a Player Character, but I'm looking forward to it. Thanks, everybody, for being open to the idea. =)

Now let me get a post going. =)

Psychie Psychie I'd like to give you Ridge's bonuses to Strike with that burst, but I'm not sure which rules of Palladium you follow?

Attributes
Physical Prowess of 24 provides a +5 bonus.

Skills
W.P. Heavy Mega-Damage Weapons +1.
+1 to Strike with heavy weapons from Weapons Engineer.
Robot Combat: Elite (SAMAS): +2 to Strike.

Cyberware
Multi-optics Targeting Scope adds +1 to Strike.

SAMAS
+1 from the Wild Weasel.

Note: +1 to Strike with single shots with the Armor Piercing Cannon's scope, but not bursts (I think that's everything).

Psychie Psychie I'd like to give you Ridge's bonuses to Strike with that burst, but I'm not sure which rules of Palladium you follow?

Attributes
Physical Prowess of 24 provides a +5 bonus.

Skills
W.P. Heavy Mega-Damage Weapons +1.
+1 to Strike with heavy weapons from Weapons Engineer.
Robot Combat: Elite (SAMAS): +2 to Strike.

Cyberware
Multi-optics Targeting Scope adds +1 to Strike.

SAMAS
+1 from the Wild Weasel.

Note: +1 to Strike with single shots with the Armor Piercing Cannon's scope, but not bursts (I think that's everything).
I have long played that your PP bonus adds to your ranged to-hit, and I'm so used to doing it that way that I will go ahead and continue to do so, even though it is technically not in the books that way. I'll post IC the effects of your attack momentarily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back