• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy [CLOSED]

.MAELSTROM.

ᴇ ɴ ᴛ ʀ ᴏ ᴘ ɪ ᴄ
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
7BNijrU.png

• EDIT: Check index for mobile friendly version.

To expedite this process and save us both time, please check out the 'Expectations' tab first. This is a lot of information and I don't want to make you read through all of it, get your hopes up, and then fall into the all-too-often trap of figuring out we aren't actually compatible.

Once you've read through everything and have decided if you're interested or not, I would appreciate it if you sent me an introduction, your character (just a brief summary will do, no character sheet necessary), any story or plot ideas, and a writing sample if you feel inclined. I will provide samples of my own on request. I just don't really have too much room to do that here - they're pretty thick.

Last edited:
Just wanted to let you know, it’s a bit hard to read on mobile

MOBILE FRIENDLY
Just wanted to let you know, it’s a bit hard to read on mobile

I worried about that, yeah. Mobile friendly with no formatting and more space between paragraphs below:

To expedite this process and save us both time, please check out the 'Expectations' tab first. This is a lot of information and I don't want to make you read through all of it, get your hopes up, and then fall into the all-too-often trap of figuring out we aren't actually compatible.

Once you've read through everything and have decided if you're interested or not, I would appreciate it if you sent me an introduction, your character (just a brief summary will do, no character sheet necessary), any story or plot ideas, and a writing sample if you feel inclined. I will provide samples of my own on request. I just don't really have too much room to do that here - they're pretty thick.

I'm looking for one long-term player to write a low fantasy setting with. (...Low fantasy as in low-magic, low-tech. Not isekai. Because apparently that's what that means now.) My plots are usually more lighthearted, but this time I want to try something that's actually serious and fairly nitty gritty - a little grimdark, if you will. Wanderer was inspired by Conan and Dune, and as such, I'd like to have the setting also be inspired by those series. Y'know. Deserts. Barbarians. Sandworms. Camels. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GODS.

My character, The Wanderer - an exiled leper fleeing religious persecution - has their origins in traditional middle eastern fantasy such as Arabian Nights (or for the more fancily inclined, One Thousand and One Nights) and some more modern depictions like Prince of Persia. I would like to stick to similar themes in any stories written with them, as their culture is very vital to their background and consequential effects on their personality. Bonus points for partners who are familiar with those themes with an understanding deeper than 'harem pants' and 'curved swords'. XD

Wanderer is a neutral enough character to be played alongside just about any archetype. One archetype I figure they'd play particularly well against is someone who's younger or far more optimistic than them. They kind of have a problem with helping people they probably shouldn't help. Romance will not be an option - sorry to go ahead and burst your bubble early. They've taken a vow of celibacy and frankly, have some things that are slightly more important to worry about.

I will note that I am not interested in exploring topics of slavery, racism, or any other typical cheap edgelord shticks that people love to romanticize in historical settings. I have found that almost nobody can approach those respectfully without encroaching into the realm of glorifying and making light of them, so I have elected to avoid them. It's also sort of disrespectful to immediately equate 'middle-eastern setting' with "LAWLESS WASTELAND WITH ILL-MANNERED BARBARIANS THAT LOVE TRAFFICKING, STONING WOMEN, AND SPITTING ON DARKER SKIN INDIVIDUALS."

My idea of a compatible partner is someone who:

is fine with a longer waiting period for posts; around one large post a week, sometimes more or sometimes less

shares the workload; contributes through side plots, NPCs, world building or otherwise helps to direct the plot

can keep up the pace with me and not get overwhelmed by detailed posts

can provide an average of at least 6-700 words

friendly; interested in making RP more than just a transactional partnership and doesn't mind chatting outside of writing posts

comfortable with LGBT+ characters

doesn't take themselves and our RP way too seriously

I'm enrolled full time in college, and am pretty much always grinding away. As I'm currently enrolled in a summer semester, I don't have infinite bouts of time, but I have enough-ish. I'm a pretty slow writer because I like to dedicate a lot of investment and passion into my hobbies. (: I put almost as much effort into it as I do my frogs, mad scientist cooking, and scary amounts of WoW. Currently, I'm dealing with some major medical diagnoses and may be a little slower than usual due to nonstop appointments and changes in medication. I consider myself relatively transparent, however, and always try to keep partners updated. You might just need to give me a push every now and then.

My average post ranges from 1500 words and up, and focuses on introspection/character narrative, grimdark themes and undertones, an unhealthy amount of sarcasm, and exploration into the setting and world around our characters. I have over 8 years of experience in storytelling and consider myself to be a fairly well-versed writer with a dynamic cast. I view RP in a long term spread; days and weeks are nothing in the grand scheme of a story to be told over the course of years, and breaks or pauses are natural - if not periodically welcomed. As such, I encourage you to step away or lighten the load whenever you need to. If you want to vanish from thin air, I will still be here and ready to continue when you return. I'm about as chill as they come. There are no obligations with me.

I enjoy a healthy OOC relationship with my partners, as I find that compatible writing is less than 10% of what makes an RP work. I sound pretty formal, but that's all it is, formalities for a...formal post? Or something. I prefer holding off on exchanging discord handles until we're well established, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't mind having an OOC thread for us to shit talk, shit post, heckle our characters, or whatever else your heart fancies.

I do not write with individuals who use stolen or uncredited art for their characters. This is a major problem among the RP community and I don't enjoy how hand-wavey everyone's gotten about it. I will take a stock photo or written description any day over stolen google art. This includes edits you've slapped over another artist's work - coloring their hair yellow doesn't make it yours.

Important: I cannot do posts that are of small text, inaccessible coding, or that have flashing neon/high contrast colors. I will only warn you once for not respecting this boundary before I drop you. Please understand that this is a medical requirement, not a preference. I will get sick and not have a fun time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back