• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

moonrise

☕️ status: Low Activity ;-;
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
hi there! i go by mona/moon. I am 21+, use she/her pronouns, and have been writing on-and-off for around 9 years now.
i'm looking for some new threads (and friends!) and will share a few things about my preferences to help you determine whether we'd be a good match!
please don't contact me if you're under 18.
thank you in advance for reading! <3

• i write in third person, past tense, multi-paragraph format. my average word count ranges between 200-1200 words, sometimes more but never less.
      • no one-liners.
      • as much as i like details, i'm not a fan of purple prose. i'd like to have more to respond to than just two sentences out of a novella, please. work with me to drive the story forward.
      • i'm not asking for perfection, but please strive for proper grammar and spelling! constant typos and errors can become very distracting. spellcheck is our friend.
    • i can probably get a response out at least two or three times a week, though this may vary. i'm very patient! real life always comes first and i don't rush creativity, nor would i expect you to.
      • i'm ghost-friendly. i prefer that neither of us ghost each other if it can be helped, but sometimes things just don't work out for one reason or another and that's totally fine. communication is key!
      • i'll frequently update my status here on RPN through my title, signature, and occasionally my status, too! i'll try to give a heads-up if i anticipate a prolonged absence. feel free to check in on me if it's been a couple of days (read: at least more than two) and i haven't replied to our ooc chat
    • i love romance, but i don't like for it to be the main focus of a story. i need variety. give me humor, conflict, drama, angst, fluff, and punch me in the gut because i want to be able to feel something that isn't just me rolling my eyes at a story that's beginning to read like a bad fanfiction.
    • i'm comfortable writing as characters of all gender identities and sexual orientations. i won't demand the inclusion of LGBTQIA+ characters and storylines, but i do expect you to not be a bigot about the subject in general.
      • i would also prefer a partner that's comfortable writing as both male and female-presenting characters
      • please note that some of my characters are either poc or fall somewhere along the LGBTQIA+ spectrum. please be respectful of this.
      • no fetishizing any groups of people. this is not up for debate.
    • i devote myself to my stories and characterswhich also means your characters, by extension!
      • i won't favor one side of a story over another, and would appreciate a partner with a similar mindset.
    • i prefer basic character sheets over extensively detailed ones, because i like to leave room for developing the characters during the story.
      • i can work with drawn or realistic face claims, but am also fine with omitting them entirely and sticking to written descriptions.
    • i am willing to write through threads or pms, with a preference for the former, but i'm not about to twist anyone's arm over it.
      • discord is fine for OOC chatting! i could be convinced to write there, but honestly i'm more active onsite in general since i have a separate discord account for writing and don't always remember to switch over to it, oop–
    things i love:
    • ooc chatting & plotting
      • an absolute necessity. without good rapport, i find that i eventually start to lose interest in the story. chances are if we can't keep a conversation going, we likely won't vibe as writing partners. writing with me is a package-deal. if you want to write a story with me then you're going to have to be able to handle (and match to some extent) walls of ooc text about our characters and story. let's gush about our story, the ships, the characters– all of it! feel free to bring your pinterest boards, memes, and playlists, too!
      • i'm halfway between being a plotter and pantser. a plantser, if you will. this means that while i don't like planning out every little detail, i also don't like to just wing every scenario. i like to establish the basics and put together a backbone plot that leaves us with room to adjust and add things going forward. if you don't like plotting then i am not the partner for you.
    • slow-burn romances
      • on my end, at least! i believe in instant-attraction in some cases, but i'm here for a journey, not a one-way trip to fantasyland. so pardon me if i lose interest when you tell me your plot idea is that two characters have been in love for forever and are now on the cusp of declaring their love for each other because it is truly oh-so-inevitable.
    • writing multiple characters and storylines
      • i refuse to write a story that just bounces, time-jumps, and loops between love interests interacting until they ultimately just fall in love. give me a good supporting cast, please and thank you.
      • on that note, please be willing to pick up side characters as we go along. you can bet i'll most certainly do the same! i love characters. period.
    • character development & world-building
      • if you are as into these two as i am then please slide into my pms. i'll get the tea ready.
    • chocolate and gummy bears (but not together)
    • kitties and doggos (though i'm not allowed to have either at the moment).
    • video games
      • i play on both console and pc. i'm terribly addicted to genshin impact and will likely be afk whenever there's a new update.
    • food (i can and have discussed the topic of food for several hours before)

please feel free to shoot me a pm with your name, favorite color/fruit/candy, and tell me a bit about what you're looking for!
i look forward to writing with you!

i likely will not respond to any messages without substance (i.e. 'hi wanna rp?')

<3

Last edited:
the search is back on!
i've been sick and severely lethargic for the last few days, so i'm hoping to get a few new plots running to jump-start my brain<3

Last edited:
bumping this before i start on chores and errands for the day!
i’ll reply to messages and threads later <3

I'm down to do a Stranger Things rp! I can for sure play Jonathan or Steve for you.

Would you play Eddie Munson for me?

Also, my favorite color is red and favorite candy is Twizzlers.

Last edited:
I'm down to do a Stranger Things rp! I can for sure play Jonathan or Steve for you.

Would you play Eddie Munson for me?

Also, my favorite color is red and favorite candy is Twizzlers.
absolutely! <3 i'll be replying to your pm soon~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back