• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Closed

SomebodyElse

Caught in a storm
download.gif

So I'm looking to create an RP based on the Netflix Show Arcane. It would likely be set in Act 1 possibly towards the end and continuing in act 2 and probably diverge from the canon as the RP progresses.
I don't think I'll plan to have Powder become Jinx since I don't want to have to eventually try to predict how the show might progress after season 1, but I'm not sure yet.

Would follow both canon and OCs from both Piltover and Zaun. I would likely be looking for Co-GMs due to how busy I tend to be.
If this is something people would be interested in, let me know.

I haven't watched Arcane but I've been playing League for years so I know my way around the lore.

If other people show enough interest I might take part.

I'm usually not one for fandom rps. But Arcane is just that good. I'm interested, likely as an Oc from Zaun (or originating from Zaun at least)

I am interested, but what sort of roleplay will this be specifically? How will you facilitate the roleplay as a GM?

I'd be up for this. Would go for either a OC or maybe even Lux if that was a option. Though a few liberties to get them into Zaun and fit the theme a bit more.

I'd be up for this. Would go for either a OC or maybe even Lux if that was a option. Though a few liberties to get them into Zaun and fit the theme a bit more.
I'm not sure how well that would work with piltovers (and at that point in the story also Zauns, as it's still part of piltover) "no magic" policy but I'm not the gm to tell you what you can and can't do.

Part of Lux's cannon story is her place was very Anti magic too. So run away and end up on a ship or something to piltover, kinda just a idea that's not fleshed out too much yet though. Though naturally I'd have her a bit younger to fit with the rest.

I love Arcane! Tbh really prefer OC's only but will wait to see more about your plot cus Vi is my spirit animal.

Do you have any things that you would want to work out or a set amount of interest you would like before going further into the rp and discussing its plot etc?
Well i don’t have too much of the plot worked out as i’m not sure what i could come up with given my limited knowledge of the lore.
I would like to have as many canon characters claimed as possible and possibly a Co-GM as i tend to get busy

Then this really is just an interest check ☠️

Bruh. You don't need any more lore than what's in the first 3 episodes. There is so much going on in Arcane Act 1: Silco=Bad v. Vandar=Good, the recent civil war, Council: Welfare v. Trade, Enforcers and the start of Shimmer, Jace and the magic stone thingies, the kids and stealing stuff from rich people, Zaun v. Piltover

If the RP is just ACT 1 then leave it at that for now. I think first thing to do is figure out scale? Do you want a free for all? (Macro) or a localized setup? (Micro) Then go into what you want out of this: overarching plot and themes. If this isn't a slice of life then figure out the conflict.

This is all IMO of course so derp.

Pretty much Demacia is another country where mages are locked up/Sent to live in the mountains because magic bad and Lux was a noble who was secretly a mage struggling to hide their magic. The country was also at War against Noxus, a place mentioned by Mels mother in the show.

As for League Lore itself i really just know a little more than wiki/vague stories based on the Cinematics, the only Piltover/Zaun things that are in the games are heavily implied fan theorys for the most part, and implied futures of the characters from the show. People think Season two would possibly introduce Camilla (Special Agent of Piltover with Robot Legs), Warrick (Mutated Werewolf with connection to Vi/Jinx) and maybe some of the Chem Baron Champions (People at the table with Silco in his big meeting).

Though if Magic is not wanting to be introduced i think i would prefer to go for a OC of sorts, though the specifics are kinda something id need to brainstorm since might need to find a niche not covered by Cannon characters from the show.

I think the plot will revolve around our characters. Since powder won’t become jinx the story will pan out differently but i think conflict was going to be inevitable anyways due to the tensions between Zaun and Piltover. I think we can still have the RP play to the themes of the show but in our own way.
Story will play out the same with Jayce and Viktor introducing Hextech.
Silco probably will either takeover Zaun or decide that he can further his plans without killing Vander.

i think the most important characters that would help if they were claimed would be

-Vi
-Powder
-Caitlyn
-Jayce
-Viktor
-Silco
-Vander
Other characters would just be appreciated

SomebodyElse SomebodyElse have you checked out the LoL Universe site? Can't hurt to look over the summaries of the regions/factions whenever we need to refer to something else, like for example Mel and her past with the state of Noxus. As PlusUltra PlusUltra mentioned, Demacia is a rival of Noxus and has a comparatively lower tech level than Piltover/Zaun, being closer to medieval fantasy with a tiny bit of steampunk. They hate mages and their walls are built from an anti-magic material. Something to keep in mind if Lux happens to be introduced, for example.

I feel like a lot of people want to participate in a more serious LoL Roleplay (Especially after Arcane was introduced) but I feel like the execution for this Roleplay would need to be a lot better for me to consider joining, because right now I wouldn't be able to confidently say that this Roleplay is put together well enough for it to go anywhere. I've been playing LoL for years (Before Arcane came out) and I still don't know the exact lore of all the characters, but I think League's diverse set of characters and unique world building is what makes it so enticing to play in. The thing is that due to Arcane's large success they're eventually going to be covering the rest of the regions, so to avoid them entirely is the wrong way to go about things. Even a simple search is enough to tell you about a lot of the lore as a lot of other people have suggested. If we participate in the Roleplay with the exclusion of Powder becoming Jinx the story won't really be that diverse, so what is the point of repeating a story we already know? I feel like a LoL themed Roleplay should include the seriousness of Arcane but separately explore a different cast of characters, because the whole point of Roleplaying is getting to try out new things and being able to do stuff we would never be able to otherwise. The lore won't ever be exact because League loves to change their lore up constantly, but if we banded together we could still form our own unique story based on our understandings and perceptions of what we do know. I think this story should focus more on a group of OCs that co-exist alongside the main cast's happenings, or just a set of new canon characters who come to Zaun for their own individual reasons. Zaun is a city of progression and invention, so it wouldn't be surprising that a lot of people would want to go there to try and discover more about themselves, especially after the big Magitek boom. This would be a Roleplay after all and most likely an AU, so things don't need to repeat word from word. Try to spice things up and identify a clear path for everyone, because right now I don't see a real reason to join. An example that I always had for a LoL themed Roleplay is a RP that takes place a definite amount of time in the future after all of the current characters have long passed away. A new evil could threaten the order of the world and a new cast of characters would have to rise up and become legends to save the world from impending doom since the old league characters would be long gone, nothing but myths and fables of their heroic deeds. To make things more enticing you could have the current cast of characters be descendents of the old ones. That way everyone gets to play a new character whose powers are unique to their vision, but they still tie back into the actual lore of League. This is an example of what I mean by having a clear path defined. There's still plenty of room to build on, but your players know what they are getting themselves into. Right now this interest check only feels like an idea and nothing more. Nothing is certain or fleshed out.

Well then this RP just isn't for those people who want to delve into the wider LoL lore. It's Arcane in the title and I just can't provide the rest of LoL as I'm not really someone who has ever played LoL and I just don't have that passion or familiarity with LoL. It's like asking someone who has only played skyrim and trying to run a skyrim rp to make it all of tamriel. It's not a realistic expectation and not a fair one at that either.

I do have plans for what the RP story could be but I'd also like to mold it to match the OCs that will be added alongside the canon characters. Ofcourse new villains and threats are a part of these ideas but asking for the wider League of Legends Lore to be implemented is something I cannot do. If that is unsatisfactory to you then I'm afraid this isn't the RP for you.

Most people who play lol don't know that much of the lore since the gameplay is just multiple player fighting.

if this gets a Lux I would totally try to do the treasure hunter and explorer Ezreal from Piltover.

Ezreal picks the locked door and then sits on the edge of the campus library rooftop looking down below at the fanciest school in all of Piltover with his hands shaking and as he thinks about what he was told earlier. 'Uncle Lymere has to be lying. They can't be... dead, they promised to take me next time.' Ezreal thinks back what his father told him about the planned tomb exploration and attempts to picture in his mind what could have gone wrong. He feels drips of water falling onto his hands and glances up for a moment but doesn't spot any rain clouds. 'Where is this water coming from? I'm too good looking and talented to be crying.'

Yeah the upside to having a co-gm be familiar with some other characters is it allows Piltover/Zaun to be further explored. Like Singed is a MAJOR character with ties to others who have not shown up in the series fully, but are still facets to who he is and his motivations (that pendent he was holding at the end is one of them) selling chemical weapons to another country? That was another. Would not be surprised if Silco could have had some Noxus connections as well.

I think i’m just gonna close this interest check. I’m not interested in doing LoL lore whatsoever and it’s clear that people expect this RP to be something entirely different than what i the creator of the interest check have decided it to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back